5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replaced 3.5” Factory Dash Speakers

Steve F.

Reaction score
519661ED-9626-4BB5-95D4-ADBF9BFB9C1F.jpeg

Replaced the really low quality corner dash speakers this morning. I went with the Infinity REF-3032 3.5” speakers. I now have highs and mids. The improvement was dramatic.

2F404DD6-4750-40A1-BC44-D9D63BA7CCF2.jpeg

Low quality stocks speaker came in at 5oz.

53C83E60-6105-4A3F-827E-8419FD5C0CE7.jpeg

Infinity’s with the much larger magnets came in at 12oz. Huge difference.

8C85B5F0-640D-4237-AC03-C9DBDF4A29CF.jpeg

Easy two screw install took a little under and hour. The wiring harnesses shipped free withe the speakers from Crutchfield made the swap very smooth. Getting the screws out right next to the windshield proofed to be the toughest part. I ended up using a 7mm socket vs. the Phillips head route. Much easier.

Last edited:

Tones1975

Reaction score
View attachment 34183

Replaced the really low quality corner dash speakers this morning. I went with the Infinity REF-3032 3.5” speakers. I now have highs and mids. The improvement was dramatic.

View attachment 34179

View attachment 34180

View attachment 34182

Easy two screw install took a little under and hour. The wiring harnesses shipped free withe the speakers from Crutchfield made the swap very smooth. Getting the screws out right next to the windshield proofed to be the toughest part. I ended up using a 7mm socket vs. the Phillips head route. Much easier.
I replace my dash corner speakers last week with Kickers; there was a drastic improvement over the factory speakers. I have the Alpine in my truck. Sounds alot better now.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
View attachment 34183

View attachment 34179

View attachment 34180

View attachment 34182

Yep. Dramatic for me as well. Even better when putting the same in the center dash (same size). If you have a buddy, you can split the cost as they only come in packs of two.

Bradleys

Reaction score
It looks like a pretty straight forward job. How hard was it to remove the cover?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It looks like a pretty straight forward job. How hard was it to remove the cover?
You just pop the covers with a trim removal tool (or equivalent non-marring gizmo). Then two Phillips screws for the speakers themselves. That's it.

Last edited:

Rustin5

Reaction score
View attachment 34183

View attachment 34179

View attachment 34180

View attachment 34182

Do you plan on doing the center in the front or the two in rear headliner? Or was the two corners enough

TwinSac

Reaction score
Yep. Dramatic for me as well. Even better when putting the same in the center dash (same size). If you have a buddy, you can split the cost as they only come in packs of two.
Are you saying the center dash speaker is the same size as the corner dash speakers?

The center is under such a large speaker grill. What's underneath besides a small speaker?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Are you saying the center dash speaker is the same size as the corner dash speakers?

The center is under such a large speaker grill. What's underneath besides a small speaker?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Yes. It’s the exact same size. Both @Edwards and I replaced them with the same Infinitys we put on the corners. Sounds even more amazing now.

Cheers,

Repsol69

Reaction score
View attachment 34183

View attachment 34179

View attachment 34180

View attachment 34182

Which stereo do you have?? Base or the Alpine..Thx

Steve F.

Reaction score
Which stereo do you have?? Base or the Alpine..Thx
I just have the base stereo. I wanted one with the Alpine in installed so the sub and center speaker would be in place. However; I found a Big Horn with all the features I wanted plus cold air conditioning. So I went with that truck knowing that the base stereo could be improved upon.

Tones1975

Reaction score
I'm planning on replacing the center speaker next and then I'm thinking I'll go after the 2 in the rear headliner. Would be nice if I could find someone local to me to split the cost of the center speaker. I'm waaaaay up here in Ontario Canada.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Probably obvious to most, but in case not ... The base (6 speaker) system doesn't have a center dash speaker. I replaced my corner dash speakers with Kicker 43DSC3504 from Crutchfield. Easily the best $35 that I've ever spent on a vehicle.

Repsol69

Reaction score
OK, So looks like these sound better but with the lack of bottom end because of NO subwoofer are the highs over powering the bass?? Just wondering ?

Tones1975

Reaction score
OK, So looks like these sound better but with the lack of bottom end because of NO subwoofer are the highs over powering the bass?? Just wondering ?
I had a 2018 Ram Sport previous to my 2019 Rebel and it had the non alpine system. I put the Kickers in the dash corners and I found it threw the system out of balance. I feel like the front door speakers would need to be upgraded as well in order to keep some sort of balance in the front seats at least.
My 2019 Rebel has the Alpine in it and when I used the same Kickers in the dash corners it greatly improved the sound. I know the non alpine system uses 8 ohm speakers. Replacing them with the 4 ohm speakers really kicked up the volume but overpowered the door, which are the speakers that provide the lower end in the non alpine systems. I actually took the Kickers out of the 2018 and was going to put them back in once I got new door speakers; got a new truck instead. Haha

Repsol69

Reaction score
I had a 2018 Ram Sport previous to my 2019 Rebel and it had the non alpine system. I put the Kickers in the dash corners and I found it threw the system out of balance. I feel like the front door speakers would need to be upgraded as well in order to keep some sort of balance in the front seats at least.
My 2019 Rebel has the Alpine in it and when I used the same Kickers in the dash corners it greatly improved the sound. I know the non alpine system uses 8 ohm speakers. Replacing them with the 4 ohm speakers really kicked up the volume but overpowered the door, which are the speakers that provide the lower end in the non alpine systems. I actually took the Kickers out of the 2018 and was going to put them back in once I got new door speakers; got a new truck instead. Haha
This is what i was afraid off...HMMM :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread