5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replaced 3.5” Factory Dash Speakers

R

Rob5589

Yes. It’s the exact same size. Both @Edwards and I replaced them with the same Infinitys we put on the corners. Sounds even more amazing now.

Cheers,
Same here. Seemed kind of odd to replace the corners but leave the center alone. The only downside is you end up with an extra driver. But they seem to be easily sold here so no biggie. I'm hanging on to mine, just in case.

tonyb8878

Reaction score
New to this forum. Recently upgraded my speakers to the Infinity as well. Have an extra center dash speaker with wiring adapter if anyone is looking.

zj4x4

Reaction score
New to this forum. Recently upgraded my speakers to the Infinity as well. Have an extra center dash speaker with wiring adapter if anyone is looking.
I will take that extra one if this works with the HK system - has anyone tried that or is everyone replacing the Alpine?

Atrophaeus

Reaction score
I'm planning on replacing the center speaker next and then I'm thinking I'll go after the 2 in the rear headliner. Would be nice if I could find someone local to me to split the cost of the center speaker. I'm waaaaay up here in Ontario Canada.
Did you replace the rear two in the headliner? If so, what size were they and was it worth it?

Daverous

Reaction score
Same size in the rear headliner. A little tricky due to the headliner bracket that holds them, it interferes with the side post connections. Not a huge deal.

I didn't use the infinity or kicker(tried both and personally didn't like the sound profile), but I'll say the overall sound improvement vs just the front was marginal from the drivers seat. When I sit in the back I can tell a distinct difference. Your call!

drumminj

Reaction score
I didn't use the infinity or kicker(tried both and personally didn't like the sound profile)

If you don't mind sharing, what is it you went with? I've replaced my Alpine setup with all Infinity Reference series and am pretty happy overall, but wish they were a bit more...subdued. For reference went with Revel in my home.

Daverous

Reaction score
Went with FaitalPRO 3FE22 after several suggestions around here. Not direct bolt in but very close. The dB response and clarity were near perfect to me and the price is great. I just couldn't get the infinity or kicker to sound "right" to my ears.

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
03469d7ff9d0c24f5fd8541d32e8532c.png

777a16145759c524aee68d2891e0b0c6.png

f2743c60a7b69fc7600378d3561f9e4e.png

Can anyone tell me the following stuff is right to order? Might order a extra one to do the middle speaker as well I have the alpine system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atrophaeus

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the following stuff is right to order? Might order a extra one
For the 3.5 dahs corners and center you need the right connector as the ones for the doors are different. I bought the red wolf for both types from amazon. The dash ones were ASIN B0878YRT8X and are listed for "Dodge Ram Jeep Chrysler 2005-2020 aftermarket front dash plug. So do make sure you get the right one for those. Those infinity speakers are also the right ones (I got them as well) and I like the sound, but as you can see, it's all in the ear of the beholder on what you like best. They were a little right to get to fit in the holes and line up (not as direct fit as I was expecting) but I was able to get them seated flush and not hit anything. The Red Wolf connectors are great because they already align for the polarity of the speakers and only fit one way with locking pins. So they are pretty much idiot proof and secure. :)

I have not tackled the headliner yet but have infinity speakers for them as well.

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
For the 3.5 dahs corners and center you need the right connector as the ones for the doors are different. I bought the red wolf for both types from amazon. The dash ones were ASIN B0878YRT8X and are listed for "Dodge Ram Jeep Chrysler 2005-2020 aftermarket front dash plug. So do make sure you get the right one for those. Those infinity speakers are also the right ones (I got them as well) and I like the sound, but as you can see, it's all in the ear of the beholder on what you like best. They were a little right to get to fit in the holes and line up (not as direct fit as I was expecting) but I was able to get them seated flush and not hit anything. The Red Wolf connectors are great because they already align for the polarity of the speakers and only fit one way with locking pins. So they are pretty much idiot proof and secure. :)

I have not tackled the headliner yet but have infinity speakers for them as well.

Sweet thanks. So I don’t need that metra brand connecter that’s in the pic I posted?

smankins

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the following stuff is right to order? Might order a extra one to do the middle speaker as well I have the alpine system
I have a 2019 and that is what I replaced my front dash speakers with and they dropped right in. I did not like the sound at first but after some tweaking of the equalizer they sound great.

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
I have a 2019 and that is what I replaced my front dash speakers with and they dropped right in. I did not like the sound at first but after some tweaking of the equalizer they sound great.

Did you do the middle one also? I have the alpine

Atrophaeus

Reaction score
Sweet thanks. So I don’t need that metra brand connecter that’s in the pic I posted?

I did all three too and very easy. The metra connector is needed for the 6x9s in the doors if you are replacing them.

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
I did all three too and very easy. The metra connector is needed for the 6x9s in the doors if you are replacing them.

Gotcha I’m only dooring the dash ones right now so I can take them out. Thank you

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score

I hear ya on the initial sound after swapping all 3. I had to adjust the Mid from +1 to -3 and Treble from +9 to +3 to suit my ears. The Infinity’s are MUCH brighter than the stock Alpines.

CharlieP

Reaction score
I will take that extra one if this works with the HK system - has anyone tried that or is everyone replacing the Alpine?
I have the HK and did all three dash speakers with the Infinity and it makes a difference

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
Just changed the dash speakers out and man oh man. Sound WAAAAY better. Def was missing this. Was going to do the whole truck but I’m good with just the dash speakers now.

I’m other news. I got one leftover infinity speaker and cable if anyone wanna buy it

Doc33

Reaction score
Just changed the dash speakers out and man oh man. Sound WAAAAY better. Def was missing this. Was going to do the whole truck but I’m good with just the dash speakers now.

I’m other news. I got one leftover infinity speaker and cable if anyone wanna buy it

Where are you located

Users who are viewing this thread