5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend me detailing products

davidn0021

Reaction score
Hands free? Never heard that term before. If you are just blasting with a foam cannon and not agitating the surface with a wash mit or some kind of microfiber you aren't really cleaning anything. Just dont want you to be wasting time thinking you are washing your huge truck and then later on when you dry it you are grinding in all the dirt and grime into your paint.

I just let it sit for about 5 minutes or so then power wash/rinse off the foam. If needed, I'll dampen a microfiber and aggitate areas where there's sap or other residue. It does help that my truck is ceramic coated, though. That's probably why I don't have to agitate or apply as much hand cleaning.

davidn0021

Reaction score
Did the same late last year and it's truly a game changer!!! Good quality stuff!

Yep! And no more need for the bucket system either, unless I'm feeling masochistic and wanna scrub down by hand.. no thanks! Oh, and don't forget a good blower of sorts. I have a blower I used to use for gardening that's battery powered and that thing puts out 500 cfm easily! Helps dry that truck much quicker than having to towel dry everything.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Yep! And no more need for the bucket system either, unless I'm feeling masochistic and wanna scrub down by hand.. no thanks! Oh, and don't forget a good blower of sorts. I have a blower I used to use for gardening that's battery powered and that thing puts out 500 cfm easily! Helps dry that truck much quicker than having to towel dry everything.
Well I am ceramic coated as well and just put a graphene coating on my wife's car. I have tried blasting it with several foaming agents in hopes they would remove light dirt but I have not seen good results. Unless your truck just isn't that dirty I don't see it being that effective. That being said if it works for you and your situation hats off and honestly I am a little jealous 🤣

davidn0021

Reaction score
Well I am ceramic coated as well and just put a graphene coating on my wife's car. I have tried blasting it with several foaming agents in hopes they would remove light dirt but I have not seen good results. Unless your truck just isn't that dirty I don't see it being that effective. That being said if it works for you and your situation hats off and honestly I am a little jealous 🤣

Yeah, I definitely don't drive it and it doesn't get all too dirty. I'm pretty sure my tune may change if I end up driving it a lot more. I'm at 700 miles and I'm 2 months in. I use a product called Polished Protection Cleanse for foaming/soaping.

KCViper

Reaction score
Be careful when using a non dedicated air blower to dry off your car as dust and dirt can be blown onto a clean surface. I use a dedicated air cannon (ie master blaster) that heats and filters the air.....but admittedly it's a little overkill!! Talk about power....has dual 4 hp motors that can have variable flow. Works wonders. First thing I do when I get my truck is PPF the front and ceramic coat the truck.....will make those washes a snap as you already know!!

davidn0021

Reaction score
Be careful when using a non dedicated air blower to dry off your car as dust and dirt can be blown onto a clean surface. I use a dedicated air cannon (ie master blaster) that heats and filters the air.....but admittedly it's a little overkill!! Talk about power....has dual 4 hp motors that can have variable flow. Works wonders. First thing I do when I get my truck is PPF the front and ceramic coat the truck.....will make those washes a snap as you already know!!

good point. I use a combo of two different blowers (the garden blower and a shopvac) as well as an air gun from my compressor. If I find it gets dusty after a wash, I'll switch to hand drying, or jerry-rig a filter of sorts to the intake on one of the blowers.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Alright yall a lot of good info on here I am new to all this so if yall can simplify I am getting a full detail this week including clay bar professionally after that I would like to ceramic wax it what all do I need or what all do yall recommend or if you can just point me in the right direction
Thanks!

PMed you a link to the thread for the process I used.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As much as I like Pan ( and i watch alot of his content) I have issue with the fact that he has never tried a product that he didnt like :unsure:! I would love a little objectiveness! But I guess he doesnt get paid to be objective. He gets paid to make us want to go buy something and he is damn good at that 🤣💸💸💸

The truth is that there really are not any bad products...just products that are better than others and it keeps getting better and better.

He did mention that the 303 Aero Graphene has a super strong chemical odor that is not pleasant...and I can confirm this. However the product works great.

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
Love to detail as a side gig so I’m In. Here’s my run down but I do like to try new things.....often haha

Rupes DA polisher
Buff n shine pads
Turtle wax ice snow foam soap
Amazon foam cannon(replaced orifice for increased foam)
Chemical guys iron remover
Nanoskin non acid wheel and tire cleaner
3D one
3D speed
303 graphene spray or ethos ceramic coating
303 tonneau conditioner
303 protectant for interior
Turtle wax tire shine
Stoner invisible glass
Bissell proheat for carpet extraction
McCullough steamer

303 doesn’t make a product I don’t like, quality stuff and Turtle Wax has really picked up their game, their hybrid solutions and Ice lines are excellent consumer products.

Theres many more but these are in the rotation for this springs detailing.

Last edited:

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
I usually stick to Meguiars/Mothers products because I can get them easily enough from the store. I do own some Chemical Guys waxes and their hex logic polishing pads. Some of my favorites I use are Meguiars Gold Class car wash, monster edgeless microfiber towels from Chemical Guys, and Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant for interiors. I've used a foam cannon at work before and dont think its worth the money/effort. Claybar is a must-have for me because of mold from parking near mulch and an overhead railroad near my work's parking lot.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried Zaino products? I’ve used them for years, but I’ve never used the other products mentioned here so I don’t know how they compare.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I switched to CarPro Reset for my detergent. Aside from the fact that it has no gloss enhancers and other additives which can actually work against you if you have ceramic coatings, it just cleans really well...better than any of the Meguiar's car washes I've tried.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Love to detail as a side gig so I’m In. Here’s my run down but I do like to try new things.....often haha

Rupes DA polisher
Buff n shine pads
Turtle wax ice snow foam soap
Amazon foam cannon(replaced orifice for increased foam)
Chemical guys iron remover
Nanoskin non acid wheel and tire cleaner
3D one
3D speed
303 graphene spray or ethos ceramic coating
303 tonneau conditioner
303 protectant for interior
Turtle wax tire shine
Stoner invisible glass
Bissell proheat for carpet extraction
McCullough steamer

303 doesn’t make a product I don’t like, quality stuff and Turtle Wax has really picked up their game, their hybrid solutions and Ice lines are excellent consumer products.

Theres many more but these are in the rotation for this springs detailing.

Rupes polisher....:love:

I've also been eyeing up a McCulloch steamer.

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
5DC3E812-E42B-4AB2-A7A9-67342EC87A5C.jpeg
Nice enough weekend to finally do the full detail and correction. Took about 6 1/2 hours. Coated with 303 graphene, even did the wheel liners. Looking forward to just maintenance washes and spray ceramic touch ups rest of year haha.

Need to get a sun pic tomorrow.

Jeeper

Reaction score
View attachment 88162
Nice enough weekend to finally do the full detail and correction. Took about 6 1/2 hours. Coated with 303 graphene, even did the wheel liners. Looking forward to just maintenance washes and spray ceramic touch ups rest of year haha.

Need to get a sun pic tomorrow.
do you have a pic of the bottle? I am in Canada and can't seem to find

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

KCViper

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried Zaino products? I’ve used them for years, but I’ve never used the other products mentioned here so I don’t know how they compare.
I used Zaino for many years on my Vipers! Very good products, but I have mostly moved on to other companies (Adams, AutoGeek, etc). I will say that the Z10 Leather conditioner is still one of my favorites....smells like real leather!

ToopaCent

Reaction score
Full disclosure, I'm a pretty big fan of Adam's products. There was a guy over on the Adam's forums who did a very comprehensive write up on his method for washing, and its on a Ram to boot. If you're looking to dive in deep, its a great read.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
To recap, you can't go wrong with any modern products. Even the cheapest shampoo from Turtle Wax will be light years ahead from products from top mfgs. from ten years ago.
Meguiars, Turtle Wax, Chemical Guys, 303, Adams, Griot's, CarPro, etc. They all have fantastic products. Just choose a brand and give them a try, otherwise you'll end up with paralysis by analysis.

Cheers,

Tarheel14

Reaction score
This stuff is my favorite detailer.... even gets rid of water spots.

Attachments

• 20210408_141255.jpg
    20210408_141255.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210408_141210.jpg
    20210408_141210.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 46

834k3r

Reaction score
I'm a Griot's diehard.

Wish their stuff didn't cost an arm and a leg, but I've had great results with all their stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread