5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: Ram Recalls Certain Trucks For Rear Camera Not Displaying!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

RECALL: Ram Recalls Certain Trucks For Rear Camera Not Displaying!​

8.4-Inch Uconnect 5 Infotainment System Requires A Software Update To Fix Issue...​

8.4-Inch Uconnect 5.jpg

Stellantis (FCA US, LLC) is recalling certain 2022 Model Year Ram 1500 (DT), Ram 2500 (DJ), and Ram 3500 10K LB. Chassis Cab (DF) vehicles. for radio software which may prevent the rearview image from displaying. This leads to a failure to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 111, “Rear Visibility.”

The vehicle operator will notice that the rearview image is not displayed if attempting to reference the image while backing. If this warning is not heeded, backing without verifying it is safe to do so could lead to an increased risk of injury to people outside the vehicle.

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
I got my notice today and it says I can take it to the dealer or wait for the FOTA that is coming in the near future.

I have never gotten a blue screen but I did get a black screen one time. I'm thinking that I'll wait for the FOTA. Maybe they will include a fix for the Uconnect5 losing presets problem.

PepperellFF

Reaction score
I had this problem with my 2019 and they had to do a software update to fix it. Once that was done it worked fine. Had the same recall on my 22, never had the blue screen issue but the fix was painless.

Users who are viewing this thread