5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall of High Pressure Fuel Pump

62StackMonster

Reaction score
Dug up a couple FCA HPFP recall notifications on a jeep forum, attached, perhaps old news.?. Couple of relevant excerpts...

View attachment 168287

View attachment 168288

They can't order the 188AA pump?
Do you mean the 1088AA pump? According to parts dept. guy I talked to yesterday no. That part is for CSSMZ461AA (Recall Z46). Dealing with Service Mgr is not an option, already butted heads with him the third day my truck was at the dealership. He's a ******·bag. Trying to get in touch with area manager or area tech adviser.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you mean the 1088AA pump? According to parts dept. guy I talked to yesterday no. That part is for CSSMZ461AA (Recall Z46). Dealing with Service Mgr is not an option, already butted heads with him the third day my truck was at the dealership. He's a ******·bag. Trying to get in touch with area manager or area tech adviser.
Yes I'm sorry, that 1088AA is a service part, not a recall part. It fits all 3.0 engines from 2011 to 2024. If they actually look up the part and see the supersedes to the 1088AA

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like Jeep Weanglers and Gladiators will get recall fix before Rams. Recalls released today.

KOOPS

Reaction score
Looks like Jeep Weanglers and Gladiators will get recall fix before Rams. Recalls released today.
Lame. I wonder why they are excluding Rams? We've been waiting on this for 12 months. I just called my dealer, and FCA about this today to get an update (before I heard this news). FCA recall rep told me there was no fix and no eta when I gave him my VIN. Glad to hear its out, but frustrating Rams are excluded.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are less Jeeps affected. So they are trying to get them out of the way.
RAM Owners get their letter in November from what I have read.

Malodave

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lame. I wonder why they are excluding Rams? We've been waiting on this for 12 months. I just called my dealer, and FCA about this today to get an update (before I heard this news). FCA recall rep told me there was no fix and no eta when I gave him my VIN. Glad to hear its out, but frustrating Rams are excluded.

Thank you for sharing this. We are sorry for the delay process on this. We are doing everything to get this issue resolved. We will update all affected customers once we do get more insight on this. We appreciate your patience and cooperation, as we understand that this is upsetting for many customers.

William
Ram Cares

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as they fix it right - I don’t mind waiting. Already had a repair pump etc put in so let’s make sure this new one works. Any ideas what exactly they are changing on it ? Alloy composition etc? Anyone in the know ?

KOOPS

Reaction score
As long as they fix it right - I don’t mind waiting. Already had a repair pump etc put in so let’s make sure this new one works. Any ideas what exactly they are changing on it ? Alloy composition etc? Anyone in the know ?
Just curious, what was the circumstance for the repair pump?

Mikent

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram ecodiesel and was at my local dealership last week, they told me they’ve received some fuel pumps. My truck is scheduled to have the pump replaced later this week, said it will take about 1/2 a day.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram ecodiesel and was at my local dealership last week, they told me they’ve received some fuel pumps. My truck is scheduled to have the pump replaced later this week, said it will take about 1/2 a day.
For the recall?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

A half-day? That's not too bad. Guess it's a (relatively) simple plumbing job to swap pumps. Far simpler than if the original pump grenades the entire fuel system.

I'm still curious what the fix is. If it's just re-routing the pump lubricating fuel to the tank so the fuel filter can (hopefully) stop any fragments, that's a 'meh' solution. Better than nothing. Better would be to re-design the pump so there is no chance of bearing cups rotating or otherwise causing metal-on-metal failure.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still curious what the fix is. If it's just re-routing the pump lubricating fuel to the tank so the fuel filter can (hopefully) stop any fragments, that's a 'meh' solution. Better than nothing. Better would be to re-design the pump so there is no chance of bearing cups rotating or otherwise causing metal-on-metal failure.
Replacing pump and and feed lines to each rail. No major re-design of filtration system. Wrangler/Gladiator recall time for pump replacement is 1.7hrs, guessing Ram will be less.

Mikent

Reaction score
A half-day? That's not too bad. Guess it's a (relatively) simple plumbing job to swap pumps. Far simpler than if the original pump grenades the entire fuel system.

The service mgr. mentioned it was a half day repair after the engine has cooled enough to work on.

My understanding this is the Hi Pressure fuel pump replacement and not a band-aid. Again I was told they’d received a few pumps and were beginning to fix recalled Ecodiesels.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the service mgr. told me they had received a few fuel pumps to replace in recalled Ecodiesels.
There isn't a fix for the DT Rams yet, only fix is currently for Wranglers and Galdiators.

Mikent

Reaction score
There isn't a fix for the DT Rams yet, only fix is currently for Wranglers and Galdiators.
My dealer told me they had received a few pumps and they could change my while it was in the shop on 10/5. I didn’t have time and scheduled the swap out this coming Friday, Oct.13th. Not sure why they would have ask about repairing last week unless they had pumps in stock and ask about the fix.

KOOPS

Reaction score
My dealer told me they had received a few pumps and they could change my while it was in the shop on 10/5. I didn’t have time and scheduled the swap out this coming Friday, Oct.13th. Not sure why they would have ask about repairing last week unless they had pumps in stock and ask about the fix.
Your dealer must be super proactive?, because according to RAM and FCA they aren't doing the Ram 1500 recall fix just yet. It is still showing 'parts unavailable' on my App and when I check nhtsa.gov/recalls it is still showing recall status as: Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available. If they were ready for Rams, I am guessing they probably would have sent mail notices out again? From what I've read on here, they are doing the Jeeps first.

Mikent

Reaction score
Update, after reading some of the comment here I contacted my dealer and was told they have pumps in stock but no gaskets or small parts available. I had a new service person when my last trip to the dealer and he may have been an overachiever trying to get my to get my truck in for the recall.

Users who are viewing this thread