5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebels with Nerfbars/sidesteps

2019ramrebel12

Reaction score
Some very nice running boards / nerf bars / side steps you guys have! I am on the fence with the HDX wheel-wheel ones but am concerned they don't stick out enough to help prevent door dings when parking (like some of those 5-6" tube ones). Does anyone know how much they do stick out or something similar that does a good job sticking out?
Thanks in advance!
I have the wheel to wheel HDX and don't think they'd do anything to prevent door dings.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I’m torn between these and the GoRhino RB10s. How do you like these and how much did they cost you?

Used a 15% off coupon at the dealership, so they cost $845.75. The RB10's are significantly cheaper.

Texas415

Reaction score
@rbnaslt how do you like those Go Rhinos? Never seen them before but I like how they’re so tucked in. Is there still enough to place a foot on though is what I’m questioning.

rbnaslt

Reaction score
@rbnaslt how do you like those Go Rhinos? Never seen them before but I like how they’re so tucked in. Is there still enough to place a foot on though is what I’m questioning.
The DSS are very nice. However, I may modify them to gain a couple of inches of platform, say 2"x6" in four places. Basically have from the ball of your foot forward to place your foot, less if you are wearing boots. Getting out is the challenge as there is very little visible to the eye. I still recommend them as they work and are tucked in nicely. I didn't like the look of "wider" steps. If I modify, I'll post up pictures to show.

dsmgsx916

Reaction score
The DSS are very nice. However, I may modify them to gain a couple of inches of platform, say 2"x6" in four places. Basically have from the ball of your foot forward to place your foot, less if you are wearing boots. Getting out is the challenge as there is very little visible to the eye. I still recommend them as they work and are tucked in nicely. I didn't like the look of "wider" steps. If I modify, I'll post up pictures to show.
That's exactly where I was stuck when choosing between the Dominator D6 and DSS. I like the look of the DSS much better than my D6 steps, but I had a feeling they would be a little less functional in use. If I had to do it again, I might go with the DSS based on the looks, but I'm sure the little lady would raise hell about not being able to get in and out easily enough.

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
I went with the dominator D6's as well and have been overall happy with them. Tucked in pretty well but enough to stick your foot on when getting in. Plus if I lift I can add the steps for the gf since she's 5' nothing
20e6cffbaabfdf95be1cf6d08edacf29.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
f252239ec55e17092f75bc2e3614c774.jpg

Last edited:

rbnaslt

Reaction score
That's exactly where I was stuck when choosing between the Dominator D6 and DSS. I like the look of the DSS much better than my D6 steps, but I had a feeling they would be a little less functional in use. If I had to do it again, I might go with the DSS based on the looks, but I'm sure the little lady would raise hell about not being able to get in and out easily enough.
drove my 80 year old mother-in-law to the grocery store yesterday in the Rebel. She didn't have any trouble getting into the truck using the step, but it is difficult getting out. I am planning on adding a step ring that will roughly be 2.5" x 6". Once I have it fully thought out and welded/bolted on, I'll post pics. Should look/function very well.

JusticeL

Reaction score
Mine came off the lot with the factory black running boards, I absolutely HATED them as they hang very low and don't really match the style of the Rebel. I ended up slapping on set of Go Rhino Dominator D6 steps and I couldn't be happier! They sit much higher so they won't get in the way while playing off-road, and I personally think the style is much better suited to the Rebel aesthetics. If you like the style of these but want a version that's not as wide, Go Rhino also sells a set called the Dominator DSS. They're nearly identical to the Dominator D6, but about 50% narrower.

Factory Running Boards:
View attachment 29719

Go Rhino Dominator D6:
View attachment 29720
View attachment 29721
View attachment 29722
View attachment 29723
These are so sick! Brand spanking new user here. Haven't even uploaded pics.. I'm ordering these asap!

Wickedsaint

Reaction score
I had factory electric installed. They tuck in nice and have a good drop when extended so my 4 and 6 year old can climb in without assistance. More for convenience than protection.

RAMpage

Reaction score
Does anyone with the D6's have a down-the-side pic of the truck showing how much they stick out? :)
Thanks!

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Does anyone with the D6's have a down-the-side pic of the truck showing how much they stick out? :)
Thanks!
Look at my post a few posts up. There is an iso view and a pretty much straight on view. They end up being pretty much flush with the stock tires

RAMpage

Reaction score
Look at my post a few posts up. There is an iso view and a pretty much straight on view. They end up being pretty much flush with the stock tires

I mean like that but showing the steps a bit also. That pic is just a little passed straight down :)
They look good though all the same! Just looking for the protection bonus of a step that sticks out.

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
I mean like that but showing the steps a bit also. That pic is just a little passed straight down :)
They look good though all the same! Just looking for the protection bonus of a step that sticks out.
This is matching the front and rear fenders up. You have to look close near the wheels but they dont protrude too much off of the width of the truck
97fddfc002d1f678e8d41e4797ae0c99.jpg

Rebel 12

Reaction score
Power steps

Attachments

• 1564706128007264087720575852171.jpg
    1564706128007264087720575852171.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 15647062249212375136662272186857.jpg
    15647062249212375136662272186857.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 202

RAMpage

Reaction score
This is matching the front and rear fenders up. You have to look close near the wheels but they dont protrude too much off of the width of the truck
97fddfc002d1f678e8d41e4797ae0c99.jpg

Thanks for the pic! That angle is perfect. Step sticks out just enough that a car door might just hit that first instead of the truck door.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When my kids get a bit older, and both can get in and out easily, I'm definitely upgrading my Mopar steps. Those all look great! Hardest part will be picking which one.

Users who are viewing this thread