5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebels with Nerfbars/sidesteps

b1gj0n44

Reaction score
Id like to see what side steps people are using and what you recommend. Pics are a plus... looking to see what side steps look best. And... excuse to show off your truck lol. Thanks!

andyc16

Reaction score
N Fab is what I put on and I like them

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
5ce8e0b8f8cca8f5f0a23ac8c21062ed.jpg
ecb3f1607bc259e282b9d94eaeb5d34f.jpg

dsmgsx916

Reaction score
Mine came off the lot with the factory black running boards, I absolutely HATED them as they hang very low and don't really match the style of the Rebel. I ended up slapping on set of Go Rhino Dominator D6 steps and I couldn't be happier! They sit much higher so they won't get in the way while playing off-road, and I personally think the style is much better suited to the Rebel aesthetics. If you like the style of these but want a version that's not as wide, Go Rhino also sells a set called the Dominator DSS. They're nearly identical to the Dominator D6, but about 50% narrower.

Factory Running Boards:

Go Rhino Dominator D6:

Neokane

Reaction score
Short version of the Westin hdx!

Lol

Attachments

• 20190321_182646.jpg
    20190321_182646.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 325

Helmetface

Reaction score
Does this platform even have a real offroad step, meant for taking g a beating?

rbnaslt

Reaction score
I just ordered Go Rhino Dominator DSS Steps for my 19 Rebel. Should be here in a week or so. As soon as I get them installed, I'll post up pics.

RAMpage

Reaction score
Some very nice running boards / nerf bars / side steps you guys have! I am on the fence with the HDX wheel-wheel ones but am concerned they don't stick out enough to help prevent door dings when parking (like some of those 5-6" tube ones). Does anyone know how much they do stick out or something similar that does a good job sticking out?
Thanks in advance!

dsmgsx916

Reaction score
Some very nice running boards / nerf bars / side steps you guys have! I am on the fence with the HDX wheel-wheel ones but am concerned they don't stick out enough to help prevent door dings when parking (like some of those 5-6" tube ones). Does anyone know how much they do stick out or something similar that does a good job sticking out?
Thanks in advance!
Not sure about the Westin HDX, but that was a BIG reason I went with my steps... go ahead, open your door into my truck ***hole, you won't be pleased with the results! :)

Zstreet86

Reaction score
Not sure about the Westin HDX, but that was a BIG reason I went with my steps... go ahead, open your door into my truck ***hole, you won't be pleased with the results! :)
That's true, I've never even thought about using step bars as a defense!

AnthonyJS02

Reaction score
My bars didn't come fast enough. Coming in today. But when dropping my kids off at summer camp today. Come out to truck and notice just enough that someone's door hit my truck while I was parked there. Didn't leave any scuffs but in the right angle and if you run fingers can feel a 3" or so crease dent. Haven't even had truck for 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAMpage

Reaction score
That sucks! The bars def help but aren't 100%. Plus if a truck parks next to you it won't help. With my last RAM every time I parked I put the truck in off-road 2 level to have the bars up as high as possible.

JohnJohn301

Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel Quad Cab -
I wanted something with a bit more of an "off-road" look to it.
First - tried Havoc Offroad HS2 Hoops (https://havocoffroad.com/p/havoc-hs2-black-hoop-steps/hpg-001202/) only to find that they do NOT fit Quad Cab - Their web site says they will fit but if you don't catch one reference to "5-lug wheels" you'll get the wrong steps.

So I hooked up with Tyger Armour - confirmed fit with Quad cab - 6-lug (new cab design) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MVQT9R5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The price is right and these are solid as h*ll. The fit is so good, I could lift these on by myself. Although, as others have mentioned in other threads - do yourself a favor and run a die (8x1.25) over the threads of the studs to remove the paint before you try to spin the nuts on. I was surprised at how thick the paint is on those studs. IMG_0259.jpg IMG_0261.jpg IMG_0257.jpg

The look is just right (for me) the design is spot on - no wrestling to get them on, are rock solid, came packed really well (no disaster in-a-box when they arrived) and priced right - I would not hesitate to recommend these to anyone looking for this style step.

RAMpage

Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel Quad Cab -
I wanted something with a bit more of an "off-road" look to it.
First - tried Havoc Offroad HS2 Hoops (https://havocoffroad.com/p/havoc-hs2-black-hoop-steps/hpg-001202/) only to find that they do NOT fit Quad Cab - Their web site says they will fit but if you don't catch one reference to "5-lug wheels" you'll get the wrong steps.

So I hooked up with Tyger Armour - confirmed fit with Quad cab - 6-lug (new cab design) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MVQT9R5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The price is right and these are solid as h*ll. The fit is so good, I could lift these on by myself. Although, as others have mentioned in other threads - do yourself a favor and run a die (8x1.25) over the threads of the studs to remove the paint before you try to spin the nuts on. I was surprised at how thick the paint is on those studs.

The look is just right (for me) the design is spot on - no wrestling to get them on, are rock solid, came packed really well (no disaster in-a-box when they arrived) and priced right - I would not hesitate to recommend these to anyone looking for this style step.

Those look nice!! Not much choice for us quad cab owners I find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/