5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel TRX has been confirmed by FCA as part of their 5 year plan!

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
The US has over 11 million millionaires. Up 6% from 2017.
Source?
I know the six million millionaires value was old, but I did not think it had doubled since I learned that. I thought it was last year that the number was six million. That said, there are various ways of evaluating wealth. Some do not consider primary residence in factoring net worth, others do. The six million I was referring to was liquid net worth - those who have over a million in investments alone (not counting vehicles, primary residence, art, collectibles, etc.).

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Electric is the holy grail of short range but very high power to weight, like the Lightning LS-218.
Not quite:
Lightening LS-218 -
200 horsepower, 496 lbs.
Ducati Panigale V4 -
214 horsepower, 386 lbs.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The US has over 11 million millionaires. Up 6% from 2017.
When I was 50, a million in a retirement account meant you would be pretty well set for a stress free retirement. 2 million looks to be the # now. Especially with lousy returns on safe investments. Doesn't look like too many trips to the Caymans for us. That and the 45' motorcoach with matching stacker trailer I was hoping to buy for tooling around the country to car events and races. Now looks to be a pipe dream. ;)

Chris

Reaction score
Not quite:
Lightening LS-218 -
200 horsepower, 496 lbs.
Ducati Panigale V4 -
214 horsepower, 386 lbs.
That is true for the peak HP, however I also like to take into consideration the torque (227n-m for LS-218, while just 112n-m for the Panigale V4R https://www.livingwithgravity.com/news-top-7-motorcycles-of-2019-above-200-hp/)
If we only considered peak HP, then many models of the RAM 1500 have a better power to wieght then the Raptor.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
That is true for the peak HP, however I also like to take into consideration the torque (227n-m for LS-218, while just 112n-m for the Panigale V4R https://www.livingwithgravity.com/news-top-7-motorcycles-of-2019-above-200-hp/)
If we only considered peak HP, then many models of the RAM 1500 have a better power to wieght then the Raptor.
True, but torque is less important on a vehicle that weighs under 400 lbs. Torque matters more when pulling a lot of weight, which is why the big diesels have more torque than horsepower.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
What's good during this production cycle is that both Ram and Ford will have a competing product. This may or may not keep ADM's in check. I hope Ford produces the next Raptor with that 5.2 GT500 engine. Competition is good for the consumer. I think I'll still go with TRX Ram unless Ford steps up with a better interior. My Ram trucks and my Raptor have been good to me so I'm a bit brand loyal to both.

Users who are viewing this thread