5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Falcon Shocks/Lift/TFL Truck

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree that the icon is a better setup but if you have a Rebel or ORG springs, wont it only get you 1.5" of lift in the front? Same with the king coilover setup? So while your actual suspension setup is better all around, you're still not level unless I am wrong here.
Yeah that would be the case unless you added a top hat spacer to bring the front up a little bit more. Hopefully they have a long travel version in the works. Icon makes a long travel version for other models where the shock is physically longer and adds 1" of suspension travel, requires UCA replacement but they are typically a full race shock with remote resi with CDCV, right inline with a set of Fox, King or Radflo in performance and price. Fabtech also has a kit with a full coil over replacement. Below is a rebel with the Fabtech coil over kit. $2900 non resi, 3300 with resevoirs but no damping control circuits.

1580239384416.png

7amada

Reaction score
Yeah that would be the case unless you added a top hat spacer to bring the front up a little bit more. Hopefully they have a long travel version in the works. Icon makes a long travel version for other models where the shock is physically longer and adds 1" of suspension travel, requires UCA replacement but they are typically a full race shock with remote resi with CDCV, right inline with a set of Fox, King or Radflo in performance and price. Fabtech also has a kit with a full coil over replacement. Below is a rebel with the Fabtech coil over kit. $2900 non resi, 3300 with resevoirs but no damping control circuits.

View attachment 45152
How is fabtech in comparison to ICON and King in terms of longevity and reliability?

Downytide

Reaction score

What is the height setting on that? it looks like the rake is about near stock?

Man, that does look good, 35s + this, and if we can add LSD or locker up front, I'll probably end up keeping the truck for a while.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is fabtech in comparison to ICON and King in terms of longevity and reliability?
I have never heard anything in regards to their shocks, ride quality or build construction. But their hard parts, lifts brackets control arms and what not are all high quality and reliable, I would assume the same goes for their shocks.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the height setting on that? it looks like the rake is about near stock?

Man, that does look good, 35s + this, and if we can add LSD or locker up front, I'll probably end up keeping the truck for a while.
I'm not aware of any lockers available for the IFS front end on the Ram. You could always do a straight axle swap though :)

Downytide

Reaction score
I'm not aware of any lockers available for the IFS front end on the Ram. You could always do a straight axle swap though :)

At that rate I'll just get a power wagon, but I really prefer the 5th gen cab over the 4.5, there's a member here working on regearing the truck to 4.56, he mentioned about the ring gear is welded to the carrier, I guess when more trucks show up in the yard, I'm going to pick one up and fab a locker for the front.

Pribilof

Reaction score
I don’t see them in their site. Have a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(link is correct... ignore the web address)

Untitled.jpg

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
(link is correct... ignore the web address)

View attachment 47677

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7amada

Reaction score
If i have a rebel that is leveled with daystar spacers and i add the falcon shocks

what height am i gaining at the highest setting?

Rem_308

Reaction score
not sure on that. I would call their tech support line (i did) and they answered all my questions about the setup i am getting. Sorry.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If i have a rebel that is leveled with daystar spacers and i add the falcon shocks

what height am i gaining at the highest setting?
Broken front CV shafts and horrible tie rod and ball joint angles and a bunch of front issues is what you're gaining. The falcon shocks on the highest setting would replace your daystar spacers and keep the truck level.

Users who are viewing this thread