5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Who is putting the shrapnel in the air bag? Why aren't they filled with feathers or baby bunnies?

IsaacB

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have/know where to find the headliner dropping guide? I only need the back side dropped. It doesn’t seem like it would be too hard, but I just don’t want to miss something when I do it.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Note all ----Just because your window doesn't leak now don't assume it won't. Mine took about 20 months from date of purchase to show up and ended up actually being the antenna mount- so if it's under warranty---- CHECK - CHECK - CHECK AFTER EVERY STORM OR RAIN OR CAR WASH !!!!

Scram1500

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have/know where to find the headliner dropping guide? I only need the back side dropped. It doesn’t seem like it would be too hard, but I just don’t want to miss something when I do it.

scottflmn

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses, yes I have 2 cracks on either side of window. It is a 2019 new version. The dealer is going to replace window, say's there have been quit a few that they have fixed.. Happy the dealer is taking care of the problem. Thank's again Ram guy's..

Mike19dc

Reaction score
So I was driving with family in the rain the other day and was told by my passenger the rear window was leaking. I take the truck in and they scheduled an appointment. While I was looking at it I noticed a crack in the top plastic window surround called the service advisor who said he thought it was supposed to be like that. I go see a friends and notice not crack. Took the truck back in today and the parts manager then comes looks at it and says oh yeah that’s not normal. And we will probably have to order an entire new rear window. What is going on with the quality control with Ram these days.
Just noticed mine is like that too, and my back seat is wet. Shaking my head at the quality control, they must not give a ****. Very frustrating

Attachments

• 3AE7602E-D4C7-426C-A98E-A9F1A4BB98F4.jpeg
    3AE7602E-D4C7-426C-A98E-A9F1A4BB98F4.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 75

rourky80

Reaction score
And another, alot of rain the last few days, and guess what I turn around to check, and I too now suffer the rear window surround crack. Water leaking in. I checked for the crack all the time, and haven't seen it till today. Its a 2020.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
And another, alot of rain the last few days, and guess what I turn around to check, and I too now suffer the rear window surround crack. Water leaking in. I checked for the crack all the time, and haven't seen it till today. Its a 2020.
Make an appointment with your dealer to get it replaced.

Scram1500

Reaction score
If it's under warranty bring it in. I dragged my feet and all it took was a photo by the service manager on a rainy day to get the new window approved. Should have done it months ago

rourky80

Reaction score
Yeah, will be calling them this morning. Letting the morning rush be out of the way of the service managers before I call. I thought I was going to get away without the issue...

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, will be calling them this morning. Letting the morning rush be out of the way of the service managers before I call. I thought I was going to get away without the issue...
How many miles on your truck?

1awesomelaw

Reaction score

Could we just seal the back window shut to prevent this from happening ourselves? Otherwise how long do we have to wait for it to be repaired?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a sticker in that location, but it doesn’t have a normal fca part number ending in letters on it. Just a couple QR codes and bunch of numbers and “rear sliding heated DT” or something like that. February 2020 build date.

I have cracks in my window frame that aren’t visible unless you drop the headliner that were sealed up by a leak fixing company at the dealers expense.

Users who are viewing this thread