5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

cerbo

Reaction score
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
so I was thinking ahead and assume the silicone can always be removed before showing the dealer. usually that stuff peels right out. It seems pointless to replace the frame with the same unimproved frame . Some report more than one replacement that cracked again. I wish someone could tell us for sure what if anything has changed on the 2024 s. (If anything).

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
That s terrible. what's with Ram? My first Ram and I m worried about my 2024 rear window already. They never updated that window and frame?

Not to my knowledge, but I can’t say for sure. These trucks do have some fairly common issues, just need to be sure that it wasn’t built on a Friday. Or Monday. Or Tuesday Wednesday Thursday 😁

Reading through the more common ones here might keep you proactive and that’ll help to notice early *if things go sideways. It’s hit and miss just like everything else infused with tech.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That s terrible. what's with Ram? My first Ram and I m worried about my 2024 rear window already. They never updated that window and frame?

Yes it was updated and a new part number. Your 2024 will have the new version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cerbo

Reaction score
Yes it was updated and a new part number. Your 2024 will have the new version

That might be great information. If you have more information on new and old part # maybe posting will help someone and clear up all the guessing. We would like to see the changes which might help someone looking to do a DIY repair. I also wonder if a replacement get the new part on an older year truck???? Thanks!!

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
It’s all in this thread about the part numbers and differences

Changes are in the frame. Nothing one could to other than install the new style window

. I don’t have the numbers offhand.

6of36

Reaction score
They redesigned the rear window in June or July last year. You probably have to go back 10 pages to find the post where the person noticed the new design, due to how long this thread has become. That was a replacement, being different than his original. I would assume they started using them on the line, about the same time.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never fix these things yourself. You paid too much money for these trucks and if you fix it yourself Ram will never fix it in future trucks

Have fun with your multiple trips to the dealer and possible multiple window replacements. Permatex is $7.69 on Amazon and 15 minutes of your time.

I spend about an hour each way going to the dealer, so I only go for major things that are worth paying my MaxCare deductible on.

Some items, sure (like my F150s frozen door latches). But on something you can fix in 15 minutes and for less than $10...

1709138889893_188307484319936.gif

2020SD

Reaction score
Have fun with your multiple trips to the dealer and possible multiple window replacements. Permatex is $7.69 on Amazon and 15 minutes of your time.

I spend about an hour each way going to the dealer, so I only go for major things that are worth paying my MaxCare deductible on.

Some items, sure (like my F150s frozen door latches). But on something you can fix in 15 minutes and for less than $10...

View attachment 177958
Not to mention the damage they will do to the rest of the truck while it is getting replaced. Hell naw. I fixed it myself while giving the stealership the middle finger 😆

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 177958
I already have Permatex 81730 and Captain Tolley Creeping Crack Cure both from Amazon on stand by :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread