5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window leak

dbark

Reaction score
Dropping mine off today for the 3rd time in about a week. 1st trip they changed the rear window, waited a couple days for rain and it leaked worse, took it back and they changed the third brake light, it rained last weekend and I couldn't find any leaks. the problem now is it sounds like the door is open or window is down in the rear when I'm driving, cab noise is much, much more than before. The service advisor said it was nothing they did but they are going to look at it again today. If they can't get it back to what it was, then it might be time for me to move on from Ram.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
Dropping mine off today for the 3rd time in about a week. 1st trip they changed the rear window, waited a couple days for rain and it leaked worse, took it back and they changed the third brake light, it rained last weekend and I couldn't find any leaks. the problem now is it sounds like the door is open or window is down in the rear when I'm driving, cab noise is much, much more than before. The service advisor said it was nothing they did but they are going to look at it again today. If they can't get it back to what it was, then it might be time for me to move on from Ram.
Have them check the back wall for the cab vents. I had one completely out and sliding back and forth and the other one installed upside down... likely allowing water inside on top of my cracked window frame and leaking 3rd brake light.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
rear vents. put ur heat on recycle and watch it go away. worst design ever.

dbark

Reaction score
rear vents. put ur heat on recycle and watch it go away. worst design ever.
I haven't had this issue in the 2 years I've had the truck until I took it in last week, is that something they would have messed up doing the rear window?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven't had this issue in the 2 years I've had the truck until I took it in last week, is that something they would have messed up doing the rear window?
Possibly. The rear seats have to be removed exposing the rear vents. They aren't very secure and are easily popped out from the inside

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Light rain this morning and it's leaking worse than before, I'm taking it back in this afternoon, not sure what you can do to help but they clearly made it worse with their "fix".
Hey there,

We'd love to be able to get you in contact with a case manager who can provide technical assistance to your dealership. If you're interested, please send us a direct message.

Callie
Ram Cares

EddieB

Reaction score
Just got back inside from covering my truck for the incoming rains. Can't wait for this part to get in.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Permatex'd the **** out of everything and had a leak still. Did it again and had heavy rain last night. I looked as best I could this morning and did not see any water coming in. Maybe I got it this time.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
change the window out to a solid one guys and save ur sanity.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
change the window out to a solid one guys and save ur sanity.
I wish I could.

Got some black window sealant from home depot. Stuffed it up in the corner and no water this morning.

Tnkrmdc

Reaction score
Pretty new to the forum. Been a lurker for awhile. Last May, I bought a lightly used 2020 Ram Rebel with about 9k miles. It has roughly 18k miles on it now. I have not seen water intruding into the cab but I have two cracks one on each side of the slider. There are water streaks above the slider. Just took it in to Ram to see what they would do about it. Waiting to hear back. I also stopped Safelite for quotes on a $500 Solid window and $950 aftermarket power slider window with better warranty. My 3/36k warranty is up in September, I have the 6/100k warranty which sounds like it might be a joke. Will see how this turns out.

Just occasionally use the rear window slider. No serious off roading. In a place that gets lots of snow with temps ranging from -40 to 100 F.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would love to have a solid window, but my wife is adamant it is necessary to have a slider.

Tnkrmdc

Reaction score
I would love to have a solid window, but my wife is adamant it is necessary to have a slider.
I am seriously thinking of paying for the solid window out of pocket. Are there any aftermarket power slider windows that fix the flaw or do they all have that flaw? I know safelite had at least a warranty on even the aftermarket power slider window.

P.S. it is my truck and if I went solid window then my wife would have to get over it. I have been trying to think of what to do with the button for the slider.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the solid window have rear defrost? If my slider cracks again I would consider a solid window. I do like having the slider, use it quit a bit on nice weather days and it's nice to have a pass through to the bed when hauling long objects.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread