5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window leak

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Big horn with a rear passenger water drip, I was told this is common. I have the mopar extended warranty and I was told by someone at a ram dealer that the mopar extended warranty does not cover this repair. I live in Florida and we get rain all the time and my truck smells sometimes of humid. If the Ram Care agent is on here I would like a resolution to this as I bought my truck NEW for a dealer to tell me not covered is rediculous. I need HELP!!!!
Hey Joey A,

We'd be happy to see how we can assist you with this! If you're interested in some extra help, please send us a direct message.

Callie
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer now and they are replacing the window this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Luckily my leak wasn't too bad and as far as I can tell never made it past a couple drips from the headliner. The headliner is black so I can't even see any water stains.
Hey dbark!

If you'd like some assistance while your vehicle is at the dealership, please reach out. We're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Skipped my appointment today. Gonna replace the pressure vents myself and silicone it up.

dbark

Reaction score
Hey dbark!

If you'd like some assistance while your vehicle is at the dealership, please reach out. We're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares
Getting ready to go pick it up, hopefully all is well but I appreciate you being there.

Texasdude

Reaction score
I have the two cracks at the top of the frame and the water killed the RF hub. It’s a 2019 1500 bighorn with 45k miles. I saw on here that some people said they just put a regular window in there instead of the power one. Does anyone have the part number for that? I looked around but can’t find it. Dealer is telling me that a regular one won’t fit. Not sure if that’s true. Thanks.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
I have the two cracks at the top of the frame and the water killed the RF hub. It’s a 2019 1500 bighorn with 45k miles. I saw on here that some people said they just put a regular window in there instead of the power one. Does anyone have the part number for that? I looked around but can’t find it. Dealer is telling me that a regular one won’t fit. Not sure if that’s true. Thanks.
multipule people have already done it. mine goes in friday for solid window. just order one for a tradesman.

RamCares

Reaction score
Getting ready to go pick it up, hopefully all is well but I appreciate you being there.
Of course. We hope we don't hear from you ;) but if you need further assistance, please reach out!

Callie
Ram Cares

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's what's going on with our 2020 Limited. It's at the dealership waiting for a new RF module. No ETA on that so who knows how long it will be sitting there.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what's going on with our 2020 Limited. It's at the dealership waiting for a new RF module. No ETA on that so who knows how long it will be sitting there.
Mine was there for 6 weeks. Before you take it home make sure your Android Auto works if you use that.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine was there for 6 weeks. Before you take it home make sure your Android Auto works if you use that.
We use CarPlay, but thanks for the heads-up on the AndroidAuto. Hopefully it won't be that long, but it's already been there for three weeks tomorrow.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have a leaking back window on my 2020 LIMITED 1500 again and for the third time its going to be replaced. [...] This rear window needs a recall and a new design. Does anyone know if there is a aftermarket version made with a metal frame? TIA

Catching up on this thread - I just completed a 3rd rear window/component replacement as well and wanted to chime in on the fact that the NTSB et al need to pressure FCA/Stellantis to actually do something about this. Ridiculous that the same problematic piece is just replaced with a new problematic piece. I'm tempted to get rid of the truck to avoid this problem in the next 365 days based on little part warranty that may or may not exist.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Catching up on this thread - I just completed a 3rd rear window/component replacement as well and wanted to chime in on the fact that the NTSB et al need to pressure FCA/Stellantis to actually do something about this. Ridiculous that the same problematic piece is just replaced with a new problematic piece. I'm tempted to get rid of the truck to avoid this problem in the next 365 days based on little part warranty that may or may not exist.
Me too. I love the truck but if it happens again I'm getting a Tundra.

dbark

Reaction score
Did the new window fix your issue? I had my rear window replaced earlier this week, we're expecting rain tonight and tomorrow so I should get a good chance to see if it's fixed. If not, I'll probably be shopping for another truck soon, I know all makers have their issues but I can't see going from one Ram to another if this problem persists.

dbark

Reaction score
Of course. We hope we don't hear from you ;) but if you need further assistance, please reach out!

Callie
Ram Cares
Light rain this morning and it's leaking worse than before, I'm taking it back in this afternoon, not sure what you can do to help but they clearly made it worse with their "fix".

frisby5

Reaction score
multipule people have already done it. mine goes in friday for solid window. just order one for a tradesman.
I just bought a new BH 2022 on the dealers lot ,i specificaly asked if they had a BH without power window. They had one with a solid window ,i ended up purchasing it,for this very reason. It doesnt have some of the bells and whistles as others but i can add most of that myself which i already have. I am also replacing the 3rd brakelight with the new one that came out with the bigger gasket. Alreay went to the dealer and looked at it.

Users who are viewing this thread