5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window leak

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I have not had any problems with my truck (except the tailgate recall.) up until now, I have been a very happy Ram owner. Unfortunately, I just now discovered the rear floor under the back seats soaked.
I have not yet been able to tell where it is coming from?

I inspected the light gasket and it looks OK. No visible cracks in the window frame. No stains on the headliner.
I have this exact issue. Heavy rains and the floorboard under the rear seats is soaked. Truck smells awful because of it. Have an appointment for next Monday for dealer to look at it. Hopefully they can fix it without replacing my window. Don't really feel like buying new tint.

I also could not locate any leak on the window itself though

SeaHogs

Reaction score
I have this exact issue. Heavy rains and the floorboard under the rear seats is soaked. Truck smells awful because of it. Have an appointment for next Monday for dealer to look at it. Hopefully they can fix it without replacing my window. Don't really feel like buying new tint.

I also could not locate any leak on the window itself though
Sounds like rear cab vents if I had to guess

Croaker

Reaction score
I'm guessing it is the window. I have an appointment on Mar 1st '23....My carpet and rear passenger seat are soaked.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm guessing it is the window. I have an appointment on Mar 1st '23....My carpet and rear passenger seat are soaked.
Yeah my seat isn't wet at all. But if I lift the carpet piece under the seat, against the rear firewall, it is wet. I soaked my rear window and couldn't find anything, so it must be the vent.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Window and frame were replaced last winter. Heavy rain last couple days to find a leak right above sliding window more towards passenger side the ceiling is wet. Just messaged @RamCares as i am just out of warranty 😞.
2020 Rebel
Hey there!

We've received your DM and look forward to getting you some assistance there!

Callie
Ram Cares

Joey A

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Big horn with a rear passenger water drip, I was told this is common. I have the mopar extended warranty and I was told by someone at a ram dealer that the mopar extended warranty does not cover this repair. I live in Florida and we get rain all the time and my truck smells sometimes of humid. If the Ram Care agent is on here I would like a resolution to this as I bought my truck NEW for a dealer to tell me not covered is rediculous. I need HELP!!!!

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Big horn with a rear passenger water drip, I was told this is common. I have the mopar extended warranty and I was told by someone at a ram dealer that the mopar extended warranty does not cover this repair. I live in Florida and we get rain all the time and my truck smells sometimes of humid. If the Ram Care agent is on here I would like a resolution to this as I bought my truck NEW for a dealer to tell me not covered is rediculous. I need HELP!!!!
I think everyone has gotten the same answer from dealers in their area. There are plenty of home fixes in this thread though. Browse through it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Try going through your auto insurance

Croaker

Reaction score
Yeah my seat isn't wet at all. But if I lift the carpet piece under the seat, against the rear firewall, it is wet. I soaked my rear window and couldn't find anything, so it must be the vent.
They have tested my water leak and are keeping my truck for a week to R&R the seats and carpet and window. They told me it is a defective window seal.

They promised me a rental car, but so far, none are available.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They have tested my water leak and are keeping my truck for a week to R&R the seats and carpet and window. They told me it is a defective window seal.

They promised me a rental car, but so far, none are available.
Are they paying for the repair too?

I found my issue behind the rear seat. 20230304_072128~2.jpg

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. The repair falls under the 3year 36,000 mile warranty….and they finally got a Hertz car for me to drive next week.
That makes me want to take it in, but if I can fix it with a $7 vent and some silicone, then it saves me the headache of trying to get them to pay for it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can get their attention by tagging them @RamCares

dbark

Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer now and they are replacing the window this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Luckily my leak wasn't too bad and as far as I can tell never made it past a couple drips from the headliner. The headliner is black so I can't even see any water stains.

Users who are viewing this thread