5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Window Leak Class Action Lawsuit Status Update

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe you should learn to comprehend what you're reading.
"I don't see" as in I doubt 600+ "thoughts on RAM 1500 class action alleges vehicles have water intrusion defect" merits or fulfills the qualifications for a class action suit.

View attachment 161451
Want me to mail you some reading glasses? Maybe a tissue for your issue?
I bet you are very fun at parties.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems like its not the actual window leaking per se but a poorly applied seal? Mine has the typical cracks in the two corners but I've never had any water intrusion. When I got my truck in 2020, I had read about these and while you shouldn't have to do it, I was simply going to run a new bead of sealant along the top of the window.

If Ram hasn't figured out a solution in 23 years, oldest claim I saw was 2010, what's the expectation here?

yellowboy

Reaction score
I'll bet I'm not one of the 38. This company is sweeping this issue under the rug. I am on my third window. Yes it's fixed for now but I had allot of down time, had to rent a car, etc, etc. I sued Ram and got a settlement over the leak and and some other issues. I decided to keep the truck as I will not get a replacement for anything close to what I paid for this POS and will not give any more money to this company to make up the difference on the current cost of a Limited. I never want another Ram, looking around now can't decide what to get might wait for 24 F150. A Kia will be a step up from this bucket of bolts.

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A guy I worked with bought a new F350 that had water coming in the Cab. Dealer
said they could not find the leak. He found it with a garden hose after 20 minutes.
They had to remove the whole Dash to get to the firewall to seal it.

Malodave

irishwake63

Reaction score

Enginerd1982

Reaction score
I'll bet I'm not one of the 38. This company is sweeping this issue under the rug. I am on my third window. Yes it's fixed for now but I had allot of down time, had to rent a car, etc, etc. I sued Ram and got a settlement over the leak and and some other issues. I decided to keep the truck as I will not get a replacement for anything close to what I paid for this POS and will not give any more money to this company to make up the difference on the current cost of a Limited. I never want another Ram, looking around now can't decide what to get might wait for 24 F150. A Kia will be a step up from this bucket of bolts.
Just don't go to a Chevy/GMC. They have the same issue, if not even more widespread.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just don't go to a Chevy/GMC. They have the same issue, if not even more widespread.
That is true although it is a lot easier to get a fixed window on the GM which wouldn't have the issue, i think even you can even get it on the higher trims.

Enginerd1982

Reaction score
That is true although it is a lot easier to get a fixed window on the GM which wouldn't have the issue, i think even you can even get it on the higher trims.
Do you mean included with original purchase or easier to get as a replacement?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He must be talking about the original purchase. It's easy to get a solid rear window as a replacement for any Ram.
yes correct. you see a lot of the newer GM trucks with solid windows while most all Rams have the slider from the factory.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The GM trucks use the exact same rear window as RAM did, which is likely the source of the issue. Though on the GM forums the issue seems to be more on how the adhesive is applied where as on RAM forums it's more on cracks.

Lawman1Bravo

Reaction score
My 2021 Ram Limited I remote started and some where the wires behind the back seat and that carpet panel was smoking ( behind the driver side back seat ) and caused the back pane window to bow and spider . Up in Michigan from Pittsburgh . Happened last Saturday and finally got of Chrysler and they told me they never heard of this happening and just glad no one got hurt and told me what ever I need and said they need a report from the dealership I took it to on how and why this happened . Then I get calls from guys at work after hearing about this and have found water has been getting in their rams and their back panel is soaked . So I have missed several days of work back home and OT dealing with this BS ( $84,000 plus truck .) 3 issues with this truck so far . Ram Box driver side kept opening up while driving down the road ( shortly after I bought it ) ,Hood paint bubbled ( less then 11,000-12000 miles on it ) and now this

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
this is true, I had to have my rear sliding window replaced on my 21 LTZ for leaking window frame every time I went through the car wash. first, they thought it was rear brake CHsml light. resealed it and still leaked then they tried to add sealant to window still leaked. finally, they put a new window in it under warranty. the dealer didn't give me any trouble they just went according to GMs tech sheets processes until they were out of options. it was frustrating but its fixed now. even though I have a new Ram coming.

Jmac509

Reaction score
My 2021 Ram Limited I remote started and some where the wires behind the back seat and that carpet panel was smoking ( behind the driver side back seat ) and caused the back pane window to bow and spider . Up in Michigan from Pittsburgh . Happened last Saturday and finally got of Chrysler and they told me they never heard of this happening and just glad no one got hurt and told me what ever I need and said they need a report from the dealership I took it to on how and why this happened . Then I get calls from guys at work after hearing about this and have found water has been getting in their rams and their back panel is soaked . So I have missed several days of work back home and OT dealing with this BS ( $84,000 plus truck .) 3 issues with this truck so far . Ram Box driver side kept opening up while driving down the road ( shortly after I bought it ) ,Hood paint bubbled ( less then 11,000-12000 miles on it ) and now this

Are they covering everything under warranty?

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Is this actually real and going anywhere? Going on my second water leak as we speak. Last year replaced it as well as a new headliner due to the water damage.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is this actually real and going anywhere? Going on my second water leak as we speak. Last year replaced it as well as a new headliner due to the water damage.
Not sure about the law suit, but Ram extended the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online