5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Fog Lamps

Rammerc

Reaction score
I want to try to make them work; really as a challenge and to have a unique truck in the US. I tried ordering the parts. The lamps, brackets, wire harness are classified as Export parts and US dealers can't order them. I may try to order from a non-US dealer; but they may not be allowed to ship Export parts to the US? However, the required Headlamp Switch

68156061AD​

while not an Export part doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the world. And, now, I'm wondering if a US dealer would even have the capability to flash them to the truck.
I talked to a few local dealerships. They are very surprised what I am talking about. They even don't know about existence of the rear fog lights. One guy was so kind and picked-up the subject. He also couldn't order the parts. Even he spoke with some people from management. They said ( but not for sure) if you get all parts probably don't need to reflash the module. I am hard working on the project too. Will notify you with the news. Thanks. Regards.

brental1

Reaction score
I posted this link for you because it showed availability on the website. No I didn't buy anything from them. Did you contact them? Did they refuse to accept the order? I thought that if the website says: available, in stock and ready to ship than you can buy it. I am so sorry. Thanks. Greg.
No apology required. Thanks for the link. I was just wondering if you had experience with buying from this dealership. It seems to me that some sites do show availability while others just give you access to the parts catalog. They refused to sell the Export parts. Understandable. I'm not that familiar with homologation in the US; but I'm guessing that if Rams with rear fog lights aren't homologated for the US, then it may be illegal to sell the parts in the US. (I say Rams because my Mercedes has rear fog light and I'm guessing that Mercedes certified the vehicle in the US with this feature) . After Dodge City of McKinney cancelled the Export parts, that left about 5 or 6 other PNs on the order. A few days later I was notified that the entire order was cancelled. I haven't followed up with them.

brental1

Reaction score
I talked to a few local dealerships. They are very surprised what I am talking about. They even don't know about existence of the rear fog lights. One guy was so kind and picked-up the subject. He also couldn't order the parts. Even he spoke with some people from management. They said ( but not for sure) if you get all parts probably don't need to reflash the module. I am hard working on the project too. Will notify you with the news. Thanks. Regards.
See my other response; but rear fog lamps are definitely not an option offered in the US. Probably will not be able to buy any of the new components (at least through legitimate channels) in the US. Probably have to find a dismantler in a country where the option is legal. Since the headlamp switch has a multiplex circuit, I'm almost sure it would require either reflashing and/or a different control unit for the lights. I'll let you know if I find more information--but I'm not optimistic.

heathric79

Reaction score
Last weekend I got my rear fogs working without buying anything from Mopar.

I have a 2019 Rebel, which already had 1 rear fog wire running to the rear bumper but not in the bumper harness. It's a White/Orange wire, with nothing on the other side of the connector.

You need alfaobd to activate rear fogs.
Also need a relay since most LED pods consume more current than the Mopar rear fogs.

I'd recommend adding a fuse, and some kind of indicator. My factory gauges don't have a rear fog indicator, but has a useless vta light, so I used that. If you already have the rear fog indicator or don't want one, you won't need to do anything under your dash.

Stock fog light switch will work. The only difference between stock and the "rear fog" version is the symbol painted on the button.

Supplies needed
-Alfaobd & OBD2Link MX+
-Standard Bosch relay preferably diode type
-Fuse holder with fuse
-soldering iron and heat shrink with hot melt (preferred), or just use crimp connectors with hot melt. They'll last until after the vehicle dies
-wire. Preferably red and black 14awg is probably fine unless your lights are stupid bright
-stripper/crimper/cutter, basic tools
-split wire loom, loom tape, zip ties
-EP35 electronic flasher if you want the indicator light to blink

Will add links to the specific parts/tools I used later

Attachments

• 20240325_185645.jpg
    20240325_185645.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240325_185639.jpg
    20240325_185639.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240325_233323.jpg
    20240325_233323.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240325_233313.jpg
    20240325_233313.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240325_193857.jpg
    20240325_193857.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240325_184422.jpg
    20240325_184422.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240325_184608.jpg
    20240325_184608.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240325_185413.jpg
    20240325_185413.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240325_190332.jpg
    20240325_190332.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

brental1

Reaction score

I have a 2019 Rebel, which already had 1 rear fog wire running to the rear bumper but not in the bumper harness. It's a White/Orange wire, with nothing on the other side of the connector.

Also need a relay since most LED pods consume more current than the Mopar rear fogs.

I'd recommend adding a fuse, and some kind of indicator. My factory gauges don't have a rear fog indicator, but has a useless vta light, so I used that. If you already have the rear fog indicator or don't want one, you won't need to do anything under your dash.

Stock fog light switch will work. The only difference between stock and the "rear fog" version is the symbol painted on the button.

Supplies needed
-Alfaobd & OBD2Link MX+
-Fuse holder with fuse
-soldering iron and heat shrink with hot melt (preferred), or just use crimp connectors with hot melt. They'll last until after the vehicle dies
-wire. Preferably red and black 14awg is probably fine unless your lights are stupid bright

Nice. What is vta light? Also, I don't understand your comment about the switch. When you turn on fog lights, does that turn on fronts and rears simultaneously? Thanks, Brent

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Supplies needed
-Alfaobd & OBD2Link MX+
-Fuse holder with fuse

looks something like these

Users who are viewing this thread