5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Fog Lamps

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the connector in your picture for the "Left Chassis Wiring" harness (no. 3 in this diagram)? If so, it doesn't look like there are different part numbers for with or without rear fog lamps. I ordered a Limited about two weeks ago now, so here's hoping that the conductors are present when I take delivery and have a look.

As for the connector diagrams and pinouts, are those from the "Wiring Information" software from techauthority.com?
It’s hard to say just going by the parts suppliers. That’s why it’s just easiest to look at the terminals in both halves of that connector. It’ll show you if the wires are in the left chassis harness and the body harness. They might be in one but not the other.
You can get the wiring schematics from techauthority.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Has anyone made any progress on this one? I love rear fog lights and have considered doing this export-option mod as well.

My current plan is to run some diode dynamics flush mount lights for auxiliary reverse(white) and red for running lights. I‘d prefer not to run under-mount reverse lights, and the steel bumpers have so many contours that traditional flush mount on the face of the bumper is not an option.

C1 pro flush mount lights

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should clarify - rear fogs shine red in color at a brightness similar to brake lamps. The intent is to make it easier for a vehicle behind you to see your vehicle in low visibility conditions.
I agree. Anything that aids detection by oncoming traffic from the rear in low visibility situations is a good idea. I have seen some high intensity break lights that I would consider too bright in normal conditions though. Guess you just can't please everyone.🤔

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I ended up running combo reverse and fog lights under the bumper. I think they are plenty bright and with the third brake light/running light it’s easier to see my dark truck at night or in poor weather.

1E467B5A-44BC-4DCA-A6EB-CE0E5FF517FC.jpeg
Diode Dynamics

Last edited:

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Why would you waste your time? Worried about someone not seeing you in the rain/snow??? Towing package with a bar in the hitch to help with rear impacts. How about a solar reflector to stop the suns rays from burning the paint off the roof.

Rammerc

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new on the forum so I would like to welcome entire family and friends of 5thgenram. I am interested also to upgrade my Ram with rear fog lights. I'm trying to find any info about the process and I found this topic. Jimchi did you complete your project? Maybe someone else? Could you please share with any tips or advices. In advance thank you very much.

brental1

Reaction score
Thanks! This is very helpful - I've updated my table. I didn't realize that the module was mostly reflector, with two LEDs per lamp for the fog function. These actually stand out a bit more than I had imagined - I'll probably apply a smoke film to the lamp modules when I go through this mod.

reflex_bak.jpg
IMG_0013watermarked.jpg
Did you install them; and were you able to get them to work? My Mercedes has rear fogs (built into the tail light-driver's side only) and I'd like to have these on my Ram 1500 too.

jimchi

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I haven't done the install. Still on the list of projects to-do! Unfortunately just a lower priority one now :(

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
(y) 🥳 😆

Attachments

• 20230818_164916a_InPixio.jpg
    20230818_164916a_InPixio.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230818_164927_InPixio.jpg
    20230818_164927_InPixio.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 27

brental1

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I haven't done the install. Still on the list of projects to-do! Unfortunately just a lower priority one now :(
If you have the Head Light Switch, 68156064AC, do you want to sell it? Thanks, Brent

brental1

Reaction score

Burns1200

Reaction score
Thanks. I ordered all the parts; lamps, brackets, wire harness, etc. for them. They can't sell me most of the parts because they're classified as Export. I hope I'm going to get the headlamp switch from them.
If they wont sell them to you from a dealer in the states, you could try calling a CDJR dealer in another country (Australia) and see if they will ship them back to you. Shipping will be a few $$ though I'm sure

brental1

Reaction score
After they deleted the Export parts from my order, I had 5 or 6 PNs still on the order. Just received notification that the entire order has been cancelled. I'm curious why you posted about CJD City of McKinney, TX. It that where you purchased your parts; or did you just think they are a good dealership to buy parts from? Thanks, Brent

brental1

Reaction score
Has anyone made any progress on this one? I love rear fog lights and have considered doing this export-option mod as well.

My current plan is to run some diode dynamics flush mount lights for auxiliary reverse(white) and red for running lights. I‘d prefer not to run under-mount reverse lights, and the steel bumpers have so many contours that traditional flush mount on the face of the bumper is not an option.

C1 pro flush mount lights
I want to try to make them work; really as a challenge and to have a unique truck in the US. I tried ordering the parts. The lamps, brackets, wire harness are classified as Export parts and US dealers can't order them. I may try to order from a non-US dealer; but they may not be allowed to ship Export parts to the US? However, the required Headlamp Switch

68156061AD​

while not an Export part doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the world. And, now, I'm wondering if a US dealer would even have the capability to flash them to the truck.

brental1

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new on the forum so I would like to welcome entire family and friends of 5thgenram. I am interested also to upgrade my Ram with rear fog lights. I'm trying to find any info about the process and I found this topic. Jimchi did you complete your project? Maybe someone else? Could you please share with any tips or advices. In advance thank you very much.
I want to try to make them work; really as a challenge and to have a unique truck in the US. I tried ordering the parts. The lamps, brackets, wire harness are classified as Export parts and US dealers can't order them. I may try to order from a non-US dealer; but they may not be allowed to ship Export parts to the US? However, the required Headlamp Switch

68156061AD​

while not an Export part doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the world. And, now, I'm wondering if a US dealer would even have the capability to flash them to the truck.

Rammerc

Reaction score
After they deleted the Export parts from my order, I had 5 or 6 PNs still on the order. Just received notification that the entire order has been cancelled. I'm curious why you posted about CJD City of McKinney, TX. It that where you purchased your parts; or did you just think they are a good dealership to buy parts from? Thanks, Brent
I posted this link for you because it showed availability on the website. No I didn't buy anything from them. Did you contact them? Did they refuse to accept the order? I thought that if the website says: available, in stock and ready to ship than you can buy it. I am so sorry. Thanks. Greg.

Users who are viewing this thread