5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realtruck.com probs; stay away!

U

User_3336

What I said!

The problem with real truck is a lot of there stuff is drop shipped from the manufacturer or distributor and they never have a clue what's in stock and what's not in stock. They tell you what you want to hear to get the order placed. I'm sure you will get your order but this particular vendor may take a little longer to ship or temporarily OOS. This is also why there customer service is not the best because they need to get the answer from manufacturer or distributor. Yes Amazon would have been the better choice for a few $ more. I will always give Amazon a few $ more because the ease of return should I ever need to return especially larger items that have a better chance of receiving damaged.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

tm757

Reaction score
I recently purchased running boards and received them quickly. Great quality and price.

poziner

Reaction score
Well, I am on the same boat. Bought a running board on 29th May, still have not seen a shipping confirmation. Tried contacting them via phone, email and their stupid *** chat service, no response. This will be my first and last purchase from realtruck. I am give them couple of more days and will file a dispute.

STOKED

Reaction score
I bought almost all of my accessories from them. There was a few days delay between the time I ordered and received confirmation and shipping info. Everything arrived as it should be though.

STOKED

Reaction score
Well, I am on the same boat. Bought a running board on 29th May, still have not seen a shipping confirmation. Tried contacting them via phone, email and their stupid *** chat service, no response. This will be my first and last purchase from realtruck. I am give them couple of more days and will file a dispute.
Dang, that's unsat. I won't be buying from them again. Glad my order was OK.

highgear2005

Reaction score
Friend of mine, bought a light strip from them. He tested it, and it didn’t work. After a few e nails and phone calls. They blamed it on him! He ate $130 bucks. And they lost a customer forever. Consider he buys a new truck every two years. He will never order from them again. I don’t have any experience with them, and I plan to keep it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought rear sway bar from them around 2 month back and took them almost 2 week to delivery, that only after almost phone call to them every other day, most likely won't buy anything from them for now.

ldoh

Reaction score
Credit card company support for these types of actions has declined over the years. They use to carry a big stick and credit the charge back but now they tend to give vendors the benefit of the doubt and tell the buyer "we opened an investigation." It makes some business sense since the vendor pays the CC company.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think this was the website myself and a handful of other members got hellwig sway bars at a far reduced price ($140 for sway bar and upgraded end links kit). They seem to have some issues lately so this isn't a surprise. Thankfully they honored the hellwig price for most of us.

Stevenc150

Reaction score
RESOLVED!...almost 10days later, got order cancelled & my money back!! This was after opening a dispute thru PayPal & i was about to escalate it (i explain process next post)

I'm happy for the refund but STILL wouldn't recommend realtruck.com to purchase a valve stem. There was a literal 1.5wk period where I'd paid $1,000...and I had no idea what my order status was and RT couldnt be reached - and I tried everything.

Btw...I just bought the same cover off of Ebay last night for $10 more, and received a nice tracking number this a.m. that shows guaranteed delivery by Monday... #lessonlearned

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Paypal disputes are simple. Open a dispute and you & [seller] are given a virtual, monitored chatroom where you each state your case & try to come to an agreement. This Virtual chatroom exists for 30 days...then the Dispute is closed and CANT be re-opened. So if u & [seller] have not come to an agreement after appropriate effort then you should escalate this dispute to a Claim status. When it becomes a Claim - chatroom closes, all communication between parties is closed - and Paypal will make a ruling...which can take up to 30days more
GOOD NEWS: Paypal normally sides with you the Buyer
BAD NEWS: This whole thing can take up to 60 days to resolve (all while ur money just floats around out in the ether)

Kelan

Reaction score
I just ordered my tonneau from them yesterday and received shipping confirmation today.

Bighorned

Reaction score
This happened to me last year I was ordering steps and it took over a month to process. I called to cancel and they were ****** bags about it. Finally threatened to escalate it and got it cancelled. They are not good business.

bronxking

Reaction score
If you had a bad experience with undelivered items, can you help the truck community by reporting Realtruck to the Attorney General's office, FBI, and FTC?

I ordered tonneau cover in May 2020, but as of Sept. 2, 2020, I have not received it after communicating back and forth on status since July 31. They keep promising to send, and even sent me FEDEX tracking number, which does not even work. I even called FEDEx and they say that tracking number is wrong and missing many digits. It appears they were once a good company, but something about COVID-19 impacted their company and they aren't being truthful about products they have and don't have in the inventory. I recommend you submit a complaint with the North Dakota, Florida, Michigan attorney general office, as well as FBI and FTC. Realtruck is registered in North Dakota, their parent company, THI E-COMMERCE, LLC, is registered in Florida and have principal mailing address in Michigan. I'm in contact with the attorney general's office and they say they haven't heard any complaints about Realtruck, so the more people who complain, the more they will look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread