5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realtruck.com probs; stay away!

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Mon - Placed order for $1000 Pace Edward's switchback / credit card charged / receive instant email conf and it says another email would follow when shipped. Ok, Kewl

Tues - nothing / fine no biggie

Wed - Nothing. Figure just call to check but theres 2hr wait, so i leave call-back # / Also send email inquiry for good measure and use "Live Chat" (nothing more than a bot that takes ur email or phone #...so leave email again)

Thurs AM - Still Nothing? / no call-back, no email huh?...corona maybe? / So I repeat the above steps again / that night...Still nothing?

Fri - Ur kidding me, Wtf still nothing! zilch, nada, no form of communication whatsoever / Rinse/repeat above...again / Miss the call-back...but a real person leaves a #, direct call-back maybe? Nope, automated msg offering me discounted rates on $hit I dont need :mad:
Now its 6pm est, now what? Repeat the contact loop tomorrow...then start looking into fraud refund? Its $1000 bucks which is a lot in these uncertain times and I've got nothing to show. Should've never strayed from Amazon and paid the $10 xtra. Realtruck.com ...never again

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mon - Placed order for $1000 Pace Edward's switchback / credit card charged / receive instant email conf and it says another email would follow when shipped. Ok, Kewl

Wed - Nothing. Figure just call to check but theres 2hr wait, so i leave call-back # / Also send email inquiry for good measure and use "Live Chat" (nothing more than a bot that takes ur email or phone #...so leave email again)

Thurs AM - Still Nothing? / no call-back, no email huh?...corona maybe? / So I repeat the above steps again / that night...Still nothing?

Fri - Ur kidding me, Wtf still nothing! zilch, nada, no form of communication whatsoever / Rinse/repeat above...again / Miss the call-back...but a real person leaves a #, direct call-back maybe? Nope, automated msg offering me discounted rates on $hit I dont need :mad:
Now its 6pm est, now what? Repeat the contact loop tomorrow...then start looking into fraud refund? Its $1000 bucks which is a lot in these uncertain times and I've got nothing to show. Should've never strayed from Amazon and paid the $10 xtra. Realtruck.com ...never again

Huh? Wow. I’ve actually bought from them aren’t they sister company to auto accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I get a ton of emails from them, but have yet to purchase anything. Not even sure how they got my email. Good luck OP, and please keep us posted.

Stevenc150

Reaction score
I get a ton of emails from them, but have yet to purchase anything. Not even sure how they got my email. Good luck OP, and please keep us posted.
Thx man, I did my research several peeps here bought stuff from them...but needless to saythis has sealed it for me

TX_Phil

Reaction score

Can you check your card status online? If so, log on and see if you have a Pending Charge or a Charge.

If it says Pending then no $$ has changed hands and the company hasn't done anything wrong. If it's a charge then you might want to open a fraud report / dispute with your card company. Merchants are not to charge (request funding) until they deliver the goods or services. Shipped = delivered in the credit card world. Pending simply means that they verified you card and reserved $$ but nothing changes hands until they request funding.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Can you check your card status online? If so, log on and see if you have a Pending Charge or a Charge.

If it says Pending then no $$ has changed hands and the company hasn't done anything wrong. If it's a charge then you might want to open a fraud report / dispute with your card company. Merchants are not to charge (request funding) until they deliver the goods or services. Shipped = delivered in the credit card world. Pending simply means that they verified you card and reserved $$ but nothing changes hands until they request funding.

Shows posted "June 9th" .... :mad: :mad:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't remember ever ordering anything from them, but it's not unheard of for a seller to ship something out and the e-mail never happens. That happened with my Vitesse throttle controller. I got an e-mail that it had shipped on the same day it arrived at my house. I wouldn't worry about it unless you haven't received your order by the end of next week.

Helmetface

Reaction score
Going to play devil's advocate here. My point isn't to discredit OP, but to state that not everyone's experience will be the same.

I just used RT.com for the first time. To the tune of $4000 (wheels, tires and AMP side step).

I am on the East Coast, and I hit chat at 7AM and was quickly greeted by someone in Florida. I explained what I was looking at, asked for better pricing and had a short conversation.

After a day, I did some more thinking...Knowing that I was about to drop some serious coin, I decided to ask once more about discounts etc, I did even better that time, by about $200.

I decided to play it out one more day, lo and behold, I saved an additional $150.

At this point I was very satisfied with the pricing, as it had already exceeded all other avenues and they weren't claiming any setbacks due to COVID. Side note, similar sites were stating a 3-4 week delay.

So, last Thursday, I placed my order. By Friday I had my confirmation of sale and partial shipping confirmations.

My wheels, coming from California, were somehow miraculously shipped to Massachusetts by Tuesday. The AMP step came from the midwest by Wednesday- as did the Nittos, though from FL.

So, take that for what it is. Amidst what is likely most chaotic times any of us we'll ever live through, the shipping was extraordinarily fast.

Again, it's not my goal to take away from the thread, just wanting to add to the discussion. This post is not sponsored, but if they want to send me free stuff, I will happily accept.

zlman

Reaction score
They're terrible, I ordered 3 items in Jan.
1. Was the wrong item
2. Another missing correct brackets
Third item they managed to get right.
I went around and around with them to just send me the correct things, 1st they want pictures(of what, the wrong stuff...ok), then a detailed description of what the right part should be....blahblahblah. It never ended. I gave them 30 days to make it right, finally disputed the charge and my CCC made it right.
I would NEVER give them another cent.

U

User_3336

I had a similar incident with some running boards. Wrong brackets sent in kit. Sent wrong backets the second time.
Finally just sent the entire shipment back (they paid the shipping back)...
in the end, they let me have a much nicer set of boards for the same price as the others ($140 difference).

The boards were originally dropped shipped, so they didn't come directly from their warehouse.

But, I agree, communication in the OP's case should have been better.

They're terrible, I ordered 3 items in Jan.
1. Was the wrong item
2. Another missing correct brackets
Third item they managed to get right.
I went around and around with them to just send me the correct things, 1st they want pictures(of what, the wrong stuff...ok), then a detailed description of what the right part should be....blahblahblah. It never ended. I gave them 30 days to make it right, finally disputed the charge and my CCC made it right.
I would NEVER give them another cent.

Thr33BlindMice

Reaction score
Im new to Ram. Im starting to "mod" my truck. This is good to know..I will avoid this vendor. Thx.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've bought a few things from them, no problems with anything getting shipped. I bought seat covers, running boards, mud flaps, probably a couple other things. Mud flaps were missing one set of the clear tape, and getting it was a hassle but I did eventually get it.

TX_Phil

Reaction score
Shows posted "June 9th" .... :mad: :mad:
You can open a dispute against the charge. Card issuer will contact the merchant processor how will open a charge back against the merchant. The merchant has X days to reply or they lose the funding, you get your refund. During that time they will most likely contact you or rush deliver the product.

With this covid stuff a lot of merchants are running with reduced staff but that's no excuse ghosting a customer. I'm sure you are like most of us, willing to have patience, extend some grace but how can you with zero communication?

I hope this works itself out for you.

T_etzz

Reaction score
I’ve had nothing but problems with them also

Stevenc150

Reaction score
You can open a dispute against the charge. Card issuer will contact the merchant processor how will open a charge back against the merchant. The merchant has X days to reply or they lose the funding, you get your refund. During that time they will most likely contact you or rush deliver the product.

With this covid stuff a lot of merchants are running with reduced staff but that's no excuse ghosting a customer. I'm sure you are like most of us, willing to have patience, extend some grace but how can you with zero communication?

I hope this works itself out for you.

Yeah thx man, It was PayPal so hopefully it's not too bad of a process. Ugh....i just want what I paid for d@mnit

TX_Phil

Reaction score
Yeah thx man, It was PayPal so hopefully it's not too bad of a process. Ugh....i just want what I paid for d@mnit
PayPal doesn't have the same rules regarding funding a transaction related to delivery. They fund right away which is good for the merchant and it costs less than credit cards.

As stated above, PayPal does a good job supporting their account holders. You should be good.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The problem with real truck is a lot of there stuff is drop shipped from the manufacturer or distributor and they never have a clue what's in stock and what's not in stock. They tell you what you want to hear to get the order placed. I'm sure you will get your order but this particular vendor may take a little longer to ship or temporarily OOS. This is also why there customer service is not the best because they need to get the answer from manufacturer or distributor. Yes Amazon would have been the better choice for a few $ more. I will always give Amazon a few $ more because the ease of return should I ever need to return especially larger items that have a better chance of receiving damaged.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread