5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic lift <=2" options (Bilstein vs Mopar)

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
You can also go with ready lift UCA's. The 2" level kit on amazon is like $375 and you can sell the spacers. Those UCA's will certainly handle 2.2" of lift.
Great note, I like the Ready Lift UCS better than the Mopar one. This route will be slightly more expensive than Mopar's lift, but should be better shocks, and allow for more suspension travel off roading.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
With my truck being non-ORP. What would I get by installing ORP springs on each corner with 5100 shocks? Would I get 1" front and rear if I ran the front on Bilstein setting #1?

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Yes you would be at “stock” height for an ORG truck, thus 1” taller than regular 4x4.
For suspension, is that the only difference between non-ORP and ORP trucks? I've seen on here that the struts are the same length.

JbVt

Reaction score
For suspension, is that the only difference between non-ORP and ORP trucks? I've seen on here that the struts are the same length.
The ORG includes 1” higher springs and the shocks are the same length but my build sheet says extra heavy duty shocks. I can’t say for sure if that’s from the ORG or the Tow group.

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
With my truck being non-ORP. What would I get by installing ORP springs on each corner with 5100 shocks? Would I get 1" front and rear if I ran the front on Bilstein setting #1?
Correct. Mine also listed a "heavy duty" shock with the orp. Can't recall seeing a tow package but it does have a hitch from the factory. Not sure if that is considered a tow package since it doesn't have trailer brake assist.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Correct. Mine also listed a "heavy duty" shock with the orp. Can't recall seeing a tow package but it does have a hitch from the factory. Not sure if that is considered a tow package since it doesn't have trailer brake assist.

You need the spring and the shock. But what you can do is take it to the max setting on the bilsteins and get the mopar ucas. I have the orp package and did the ucas and the bilsteins at level 5. That was the max for my truck. I have a slight rake but looks dope. 285/60r20 but could have gone 34” or even 35”no rub currently. There’s a forum on here that talks about all of your options.
cd29b942c7122717ccf00d2bcc22bcec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
You need the spring and the shock. But what you can do is take it to the max setting on the bilsteins and get the mopar ucas. I have the orp package and did the ucas and the bilsteins at level 5. That was the max for my truck. I have a slight rake but looks dope. 285/60r20 but could have gone 34” or even 35”no rub currently. There’s a forum on here that talks about all of your options.
cd29b942c7122717ccf00d2bcc22bcec.jpg

I like the truck! ORP springs do not appear to be that expensive compared to Bilstein or Icon springs. I can order these, install with the Bilstein's, and UCA and be good. I'm on the fence with the Mopar UCA vs ReadyLift UCA. With the ORP springs, I can get the additional 1" I want in the rear, and allow me to keep some rake for towing / hauling.

Do you know how much rake you have after everything?

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I like the truck! ORP springs do not appear to be that expensive compared to Bilstein or Icon springs. I can order these, install with the Bilstein's, and UCA and be good. I'm on the fence with the Mopar UCA vs ReadyLift UCA. With the ORP springs, I can get the additional 1" I want in the rear, and allow me to keep some rake for towing / hauling.

Do you know how much rake you have after everything?

1/2”.
b4aee4ccc293f5f9be83d7db5d034f83.jpg

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
I am trying to find information on this. If I have a non-ORP and install the ORP springs, would I need to replace my rear shocks? Are OPR and non-ORP rear shocks the same or different?

JbVt

Reaction score
The Off road group(package) has 1” taller springs front and back, and heavy duty shocks front and back. Both shocks and springs are different on the ORG than the non trucks.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
The Off road group(package) has 1” taller springs front and back, and heavy duty shocks front and back. Both shocks and springs are different on the ORG than the non trucks.
Thanks! I will get the rear Bilstein 5100s then as well as the front. Just need to find them in stock somewhere!

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this thread, ended up ordering the Mopar 2" lift last week. In the end it should meet my needs, comes in a complete package, and I was able to get great pricing on it. I will update with pics once it is here. Currently scheduled for mid-October (6-7 week order time).

cervelo15

Reaction score
Maybe someone can shed some light on this, as I've read over 40 pages of different threads and I think I more confused now, than when I started. My truck is a non-ORP Laramie crew cab. I am on the fence between lifting the truck with the 2" Mopar lift, or going with Bilstein 5100s to get <2" and nearly level (I want some rake as I tow and haul). I will be putting larger off road tires, but no bigger than 295/60/20s. I'm not married to that tire, but will at least go 275/60/20s, just don't want rubbing and need better offroad tread.

I am a function over form kind of guy, and the truck does and will see some rutted gravel roads, fire roads, and creek crossings in its life. I would like suspension travel and not just looks. With that being said, I don't need more than 2" of lift to accomplish this, and realistically I think 1"-2" and bigger tires would do the trick. What's the best way to accomplish this goal?

The Mopar lift comes complete, but if I go the Bilstein route, will I need front UCAs? What about track bar re-location? Do I need ORP springs? Anything else I am forgetting?
I may have a set of Bilstein 6112 front strut kit coming up for sale, since I bought these because I was waiting forever for the Mopar kit. Now that the Mopar kit has come in, I dont need these anymore.

Once I get the ball rolling for my Mopar lift, I'll be putting these up for sale. Brand new, sealed box, will sell them for what I paid.

EDIT: wait, just read your post above and saw you went with the Mopar kit. Excellent choice!

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
I may have a set of Bilstein 6112 front strut kit coming up for sale, since I bought these because I was waiting forever for the Mopar kit. Now that the Mopar kit has come in, I dont need these anymore.

Once I get the ball rolling for my Mopar lift, I'll be putting these up for sale. Brand new, sealed box, will sell them for what I paid.

EDIT: wait, just read your post above and saw you went with the Mopar kit. Excellent choice!
Yea couldn't find bilsteins I needed. Saw a RAM in person with the mopar lift and it'll be just what I want and need!

Post pics when your kit gets on!

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
That looks really good!

Looks a little bit lower on the back. I also changed the sway bar and seems to have dropped the back. Maybe it’s just me.

2019 Ram 1500 ORP “long bed” - setting #5 bilsteins, 2”mopar ucas, hellwig sway bar, tonneau cover, bed mat, 20” Laramie sport wheels on 285/60r20 falkens. Flowmaster outlaw.

Users who are viewing this thread