5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real world mpg with hemi etorque

Jodyc1

Reaction score
Hi
I been looking for a new truck
I'm interested in the ram 1500 Laramie with 4x2 an the hemi etorque engine
For those of yall that have a 4x2 truck with this engine
What kind of mpg yall getting with it
Seems all the post I can find about mpg are with 4x4 trucks

2001gw

Reaction score
I live in central Florida. Mostly flat land. Between 17 and 19 mpg. Driving home today the display read 18.6. I've seen it read 16.6. On a long trip it was around 21 mpg.

Jodyc1

Reaction score
I live in central Florida. Mostly flat land. Between 17 and 19 mpg. Driving home today the display read 18.6. I've seen it read 16.6. On a long trip it was around 21 mpg.
17 to 19 is that your average
I live in Louisiana all flat land where I'm at to
I'd have thought you would be getting better than that with a rear wheel drive truck

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What gears?

JoyBoy

Reaction score
I get between 9-12mpg, I hope that helps.
Lol 😂

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi
I been looking for a new truck
I'm interested in the ram 1500 Laramie with 4x2 an the hemi etorque engine
For those of yall that have a 4x2 truck with this engine
What kind of mpg yall getting with it
Seems all the post I can find about mpg are with 4x4 trucks
Would help to have your rear end gear as that makes a big difference.
Not another fuel mileage thread! View attachment 167689
Ikr.

BowDown

Reaction score
It would be nice if we could block some. Especially when I've seen someone ask the same question in 3 different threads, then start a new thread, because they didn't get their answer in two hours.
hover your curser over their avatar and click ignore

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i just commented this on another thread just now. if your concern is gas, dont buy a truck. And if you insist then buy a V6 or electric. till then people need to stop being concerned about gas or asking about it b,c its ALL OVER the forums and internet. try your search bar we are all tired of it.
And I'm tired of people suggesting that MPG shouldnt be important to truck owners. It's important to me because it is one of many factors that go into my decision on which truck to buy. We all have different reasons/priorties/uses...and if one of mine isn't one of yours then just move on, as I will do when I see someone that is differing from me.

BowDown

Reaction score
i just commented this on another thread just now. if your concern is gas, dont buy a truck. And if you insist then buy a V6 or electric. till then people need to stop being concerned about gas or asking about it b,c its ALL OVER the forums and internet. try your search bar we are all tired of it.
Concern isn't gas, its getting the best possible performance out of whatever it is you are operating whether that be HP, torque, fuel mileage or all three. Just because I by a truck doesn't mean I shouldn't be concerned with mpg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lol - will give same answer I always reply with, city driving has the biggest impact on mpg in my opinion
where are you located? how is the city driving? metro area like me where people will go as slow as 20-25 and with plenty of stops
you will get 10-12 city and your combine will still suck.
But if you can afford the truck then you should be able to afford the gas and enjoy the truck

2001gw

Reaction score

17 to 19 is that your average
I live in Louisiana all flat land where I'm at to
I'd have thought you would be getting better than that with a rear wheel drive truck
I have very rarely seen it above 19. Mostly around low 18's. I don't use the stop start mode. Maybe it might increase if I did. 🤔

I'm getting those figures from what the dash display says. I have never actually pulled out a calculator and worked it out.

northshoremb

Reaction score
So far after 1600km which isn't broke in my 2023 4x4 Etorque with 2" level and 34" Mud tires 3.21 gears I'm getting 16.5mpg avg in town. When I'm doing straight stretches in town flat road on cruise it goes into Eco and is showing constant 26-36mpg and without eco 21-24mpg

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
The last 1200 miles averaged 15MPG in around-town/short errand/work commute driving using Costco 87 octane gas and 5W40 Shell Rotella oil.
Highway driving MPG is usually 20-22, but haven't taken a road trip in a while.

does no one search the forum anymore?
Oh yeah! What's the biggest tire I can fit....

Steve

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I have to clean this thread up again, there will be floggings.

Please be respectful to other members and refrain from bashing on new folks. If you don't have something constructive to add, just scroll on by.

Apologies to those that got caught up in the clean sweep that were not bad actors.

HemiDude

Reaction score
If I have to clean this thread up again, there will be floggings.

Please be respectful to other members and refrain from bashing on new folks. If you don't have something constructive to add, just scroll on by.

Apologies to those that got caught up in the clean sweep that were not bad actors.
I've never been swept from a thread before... I don't know if I should be outraged or proud :p. Seriously though, no disrespect was intended to OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/