5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real world mpg with hemi etorque

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too many variable to list, but 4x2 mpg can run from 12 to 25, depending on gearing, terrain, city/freeway/country roads, driving style. You name it, it all makes a difference. I have gotten 13 on one trip, and 25+ on others, so, in reality, you get what you get.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I see at least 20 MPG with my non-etorque Hemi driving 55 on the back roads of NC.

What is the advantage of etorque?
Main function is auto stop start. also supposed to help you take off from a dead stop for the first like 1 or 2 ft using an electric motor and battery bank.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nope. If I’m remembering correctly, the eTorque motor provides no mechanical power output above 10mph. I’d have to rewatch the Ram video describing it.
I went through a huge debate recently on what eTorque is and isn't. A lot of confusion around it. But it only provides power output for the first half tire rotation from a complete stop.

The other added benefit is much smoother great shifting.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
wasn't also quicker acceleration for when passing
Nope. Not at all. The "extra 130 lb-ft" of torque from the motor generator will only be applies for 1-2 feet while the engine is starting back up. It will do nothing for 1/4 mile times, 0-60 times, or acceleration.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
there are just soooooooooo many new MPG threads (usually someone's 1st post), they tend to go off topic quick, and usually get shut down.
exactly, and im the mean one or get banned from the moderators just because i tell them to try using the search bar.

Jodyc1

Reaction score
Too many variable to list, but 4x2 mpg can run from 12 to 25, depending on gearing, terrain, city/freeway/country roads, driving style. You name it, it all makes a difference. I have gotten 13 on one trip, and 25+ on others, so, in reality, you get what you get.
With the 3.31 gear
Mostly flat terrain
An about 50/50 between city an highway

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
exactly, and im the mean one or get banned from the moderators just because i tell them to try using the search bar.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think it's pretty civil, to tell them to search, when there are 10 threads already there, and they were too lazy to look.

Users who are viewing this thread