5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-order( e-torque Hemi standard?)

D

Deleted member 85

I feel as though there's 2 things that are being overlooked...

A) This is a 2019 vehicle, the fact that FCA is even allowing clients to order/purchase one now is extremely generous.
B) I am nearly certain that E-Torque will be standard equipment on top trim trucks eventually, if not already. In the same vein that the ZF8 Speed became standard equipment on Hemi equipped DS Rams that are SLT or above trims, the E-Torque too will become the norm. I think that is FCA's plan.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

A) This is a 2019 vehicle, the fact that FCA is even allowing clients to order/purchase one now is extremely generous.
B) I am nearly certain that E-Torque will be standard equipment on top trim trucks eventually, if not already. In the same vein that the ZF8 Speed became standard equipment on Hemi equipped DS Rams that are SLT or above trims, the E-Torque too will become the norm. I think that is FCA's plan.

And to piggy back on to his statements...none of us have "paid" for this vehicle or are out any money aside from our deposit. It's really not "our" truck until the dealer is invoiced and we pay for it. Granted, their communication and tracking is less than stellar - I have no reason to believe they aren't trying to get them build ASAP with good quality. I'm very glad I got my truck quickly - but I didn't "need" it per se. I wasn't going out to buy another F150 - no other pickup on the market compares to the new RAM.

D

Deleted member 85

And to piggy back on to his statements...none of us have "paid" for this vehicle or are out any money aside from our deposit. It's really not "our" truck until the dealer is invoiced and we pay for it. Granted, their communication and tracking is less than stellar - I have no reason to believe they aren't trying to get them build ASAP with good quality. I'm very glad I got my truck quickly - but I didn't "need" it per se. I wasn't going out to buy another F150 - no other pickup on the market compares to the new RAM.
Very true - just us dealers are stuck with tow mirror equipped cancelled orders. Lol.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very true - just us dealers are stuck with tow mirror equipped cancelled orders. Lol.

I was thinking about that earlier today as my dealer has two limited's with tow mirrors that haven't moved...and I bet they won't for a while. They've gotten a few in with the power folding mirrors and they are sold...

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I'm not sure that I totally agree with #1. The reason that FCA needs to get the 2019 out there as soon as they can is that 4-5 months from now the 2019 Silverado will also be out there. I think FCA strategically launched early to pull some potential sales for people that aren't necessarily brand loyal. Don't get me wrong, I like and ordered the RAM, but in no way is FCA being generous. This was a strategic decision to get in front of one of their major competitors in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 85

I'm not sure that I totally agree with #1. The reason that FCA needs to get the 2019 out there as soon as they can is that 4-5 months from now the 2019 Silverado will also be out there. I think FCA strategically launched early to pull some potential sales for people that aren't necessarily brand loyal. Don't get me wrong, I like and ordered the RAM, but in no way is FCA being generous. This was a strategic decision to get in front of one of their major competitors in my opinion.
That Silverado doesn't even compete with my current gen DS Ram well. I don't think FCA is worried about GM's tupperware interior truck with the same ol' Vortec and a facelift.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That Silverado doesn't even compete with my current gen DS Ram well. I don't think FCA is worried about GM's tupperware interior truck with the same ol' Vortec and a facelift.

#Chevy..2 selling truck brand, ahead of FCA............and Sergio has specially stated the goal of being #2...................

1529175748683.png

D

Deleted member 85

Does anyone have that video of the Chevy designers $%#ing bricks while going over the DT Ram after the launch? It's freakin' hilarious. You can see them touching the real metal on the door panels and looking uncomfortable.

D

Deleted member 85

I was thinking about that earlier today as my dealer has two limited's with tow mirrors that haven't moved...and I bet they won't for a while. They've gotten a few in with the power folding mirrors and they are sold...
I also have a force-shipped Laramie, no 12", no panoramic sunroof, with tow mirrors that FCA sent us. This thing will be available for sale in 2020.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the next fanboy response of "this is all normal and Brad's X, Y, and Z did it too" which at this point is false. I just hope the standard 5.7L restriction is a sign that e torque will start moving down the line. So far FCA has shown me that they absolutely FAIL in customer communication

I'm not sure I'd use logic, reasoning and facts to illustrate how every truck launch from every manufacturer as an example of a "fan boy response." Also the first eTorque equipped trucks started being built yesterday so once again I'll say this website was right when others weren't.

That's not to say I don't agree with many of your points, communication and letting everyone know what's going on (if something is going on) or giving us a start date would go a long way to ease people's concerns.

Last edited:

Kramersp

Reaction score
I
Does anyone have that video of the Chevy designers $%#ing bricks while going over the DT Ram after the launch? It's freakin' hilarious. You can see them touching the real metal on the door panels and looking uncomfortable.
IMHO, GM laid an egg with the design of their 2019s. And the current generation the steering wheel isnt centered.

Kramersp

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd use logic, reasoning and facts to illustrate how every truck launch from every manufacturer as an example of a "fan boy response." Also the first eTorque equipped trucks started being built yesterday so once again I'll say this website was right when others weren't.

That's not to say I don't agree with many of your points, communication and letting everyone know what's going on (if something is going on) or giving us a start date would go a long way to ease people's concerns.

If e torque started going down the line, will my early order status change to D1?

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
So how is Ram going to overtake Chevy in sales this year when the standard Hemi is no longer orderable (I assume this applies to dealer orders as well) and they cannot ship either the V6 or eTorque Hemi (presumably due to no EPA cert)?

Does that mean that the factory is about to go idle? I recall a story about extra shifts through Labor day. This doesn't add up.

I don't think FCA would make eTorque standard unless they were ready to start making them. I am guessing they will start very soon!

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol well then are you positive you'd get your 60k gmc **itbox in a timely fashion this fall? I guess at the heart of my thought process is, there are two ways of thinking for people in this world. It's that im paying 60k and FCA owes me something, OR that I CHOSE FCA out of a lot of competition and I HOPE they are the right choice (ie. a product that I had the luxury of buying). With RamCares chiming in on me even having a POSSIBLE air condition issue....I think we're in good hands. I LOVE the f150, I was honestly going to buy a platinum before, but the interior would have been a major let down so, I didn't.

I made a compromise and bought a limited ON THE LOT that is my new dream vehicle. I didn't get mt Ramboxes, but couldn't be happier with that FCA had R&D me and this point to make this a no brainer purchases.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was looking at some 19 Rams for sale on some dealer websites across the country and noticed some still concerning info regarding the tow mirror 360 view fiasco. While looking through new inventory there are obviously some trucks listed as “in transit”. Of these trucks, some have window stickers and some do not, so obviously some are built and some are not. I know this info is generated automatically on these websites, even most of our individually ordered trucks will be listed on our dealers site. We all know this. What bothers me is if you look through the options listed of the ones without window stickers they show the advanced safety group and list all the features with this group including surround view. Then as you go through the options it shows the tow group and lists all those features with that group. It never says surround is deleted with tow. Obviously, if you look at the window sticker of the built trucks it does state this. I guess my point is if you are the average Joe lookin at the details on a dealer website of a truck that isn’t built yet the info reads you get the tow group and surround view. I know the Ram build page now states this and the dealers are becoming more aware but come on, it should be obvious everywhere you look, and we know the dealers were’nt aware of this early on because my oh my, there are a lot of top end trucks out there with tow mirrors! Does anyone have any insight on if and when you could get surround view with the tow mirrors?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is my understanding they are printing new window stickers for those trucks. Not sure if it'll change the online one.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was looking at some 19 Rams for sale on some dealer websites across the country and noticed some still concerning info regarding the tow mirror 360 view fiasco. While looking through new inventory there are obviously some trucks listed as “in transit”. Of these trucks, some have window stickers and some do not, so obviously some are built and some are not. I know this info is generated automatically on these websites, even most of our individually ordered trucks will be listed on our dealers site. We all know this. What bothers me is if you look through the options listed of the ones without window stickers they show the advanced safety group and list all the features with this group including surround view. Then as you go through the options it shows the tow group and lists all those features with that group. It never says surround is deleted with tow. Obviously, if you look at the window sticker of the built trucks it does state this. I guess my point is if you are the average Joe lookin at the details on a dealer website of a truck that isn’t built yet the info reads you get the tow group and surround view. I know the Ram build page now states this and the dealers are becoming more aware but come on, it should be obvious everywhere you look, and we know the dealers were’nt aware of this early on because my oh my, there are a lot of top end trucks out there with tow mirrors! Does anyone have any insight on if and when you could get surround view with the tow mirrors?
It’s my understanding that the window stickers say on then additional equipment can remove other items which they don’t have to say what’s removed just that simple statement covers them

YardSale

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat guys......originally ordered with the tow package and then (thanks to this forum!) learned about the tow mirror issue and reordered about 10 days ago with just the trailer brake controller. Interesting thing is I'll bet that both trucks I ordered will probably show up around the same time. A question for the panel.........how critical (or not) is having tow mirrors when towing a camper? I've never towed anything beyond a pop-up and will be doing so with this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread