5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-order( e-torque Hemi standard?)

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all, very painful but decided to reorder today. Just to refresh any guests or new members. Ordered a loaded Longhorn on 4-24 and as of today it is built and waiting delivery! I am one of those who fell victim to the 360 surround view delete with the tow mirrors. I found a couple interesting points when ordering the second truck. First, the off road package was showing ‘restricted” and could not be opted. Also, the e-torque Hemi was the ONLY available engine on the dealers computer at this time. I know you can still build one with the regular HEMI on the Ram build website. The regular Hemi (customer package 25h) was restricted at the dealer. Does anyone else have any insight to this? I mentioned this on another thread over the weekend. I met with my sales manager today and not the salesman. He also called and spoke with his Ram rep to question the e-torque situation. I won’t mention names or dealers but he was fantastic to work with. He ordered my second truck with no new deposit. Told me I could buy my original order when it arrives or wait on the newest order. Said he would even hold my original after it arrives for a couple weeks to see how status is on the new one and go from there. As mentioned in other e-torque threads on this forum, I am worried about ‘when’ these will be produced. If these are delayed it will be awful hard to turn down my first order when I see it, but will I be happy in the long run? We’ll see! Thinking about starting a thread for emotional help for those of us who are ‘patiently’ waiting. Maybe Ram will provide a therapist! Lol

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also on this guys, the dealer was still showing the non-e torque Hemi available on the lower trim levels. I’m not sure what is goin on?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all, very painful but decided to reorder today. Just to refresh any guests or new members. Ordered a loaded Longhorn on 4-24 and as of today it is built and waiting delivery! I am one of those who fell victim to the 360 surround view delete with the tow mirrors. I found a couple interesting points when ordering the second truck. First, the off road package was showing ‘restricted” and could not be opted. Also, the e-torque Hemi was the ONLY available engine on the dealers computer at this time. I know you can still build one with the regular HEMI on the Ram build website. The regular Hemi (customer package 25h) was restricted at the dealer. Does anyone else have any insight to this? I mentioned this on another thread over the weekend. I met with my sales manager today and not the salesman. He also called and spoke with his Ram rep to question the e-torque situation. I won’t mention names or dealers but he was fantastic to work with. He ordered my second truck with no new deposit. Told me I could buy my original order when it arrives or wait on the newest order. Said he would even hold my original after it arrives for a couple weeks to see how status is on the new one and go from there. As mentioned in other e-torque threads on this forum, I am worried about ‘when’ these will be produced. If these are delayed it will be awful hard to turn down my first order when I see it, but will I be happy in the long run? We’ll see! Thinking about starting a thread for emotional help for those of us who are ‘patiently’ waiting. Maybe Ram will provide a therapist! Lol
IMO I would go with the E-Torque AND Surround View!

D

Deleted member103

I would have done the same thing and re-ordered....still can't believe this tow mirror / surround view fiasco.

. . . and not the only FIASCO in town . . . ! I have my own 2 bones to pick with what I want to be able to order ( stated a # of times, won't repeat . . . don't want to sound like a "winer" :) ) . Sure do hope you get just-desserts and find happiness with the Final Arrival !

Kramersp

Reaction score
And so the FCA sh%t show continues....

cs061010

Reaction score

I just tried to order a non eTorque V8 today and was told via the local FCA regional rep that FCA won't accept any new non eTorque orders until January 2019. I couldn't believe it but apparently Ram is really trying to push the eTorque, is launching a marketing campaign soon, and wants to dedicate the assembly lines to eTorque. Mine was speced to be a 4x4 Laramie, and they were only able to accept my order if I went with the 4x2 (?????). I don't know what they're thinking and hopefully my rep was wrong, but has anybody else encountered this? Seems ludicrous.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just tried to order a non eTorque V8 today and was told via the local FCA regional rep that FCA won't accept any new non eTorque orders until January 2019. I couldn't believe it but apparently Ram is really trying to push the eTorque, is launching a marketing campaign soon, and wants to dedicate the assembly lines to eTorque. Mine was speced to be a 4x4 Laramie, and they were only able to accept my order if I went with the 4x2 (?????). I don't know what they're thinking and hopefully my rep was wrong, but has anybody else encountered this? Seems ludicrous.

Just doesn’t seem right. Really like this new 1500 design but seems this whole debut of it is a nightmare, off on the wrong foot so to speak. With this current e-torque situation, the off road group restriction and the tow mirror surround view fiasco. Tell you what guys, I’ve been thinking since my original reorder post but I bet you all I take my original order when it arrives hopefully within a couple of weeks!

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

That's good and bad news. Bad news if it really is true and you don't want eTorque. But might be a sign that eTorque will soon be available for all the eTorque-interested customers..

cs061010

Reaction score
That's good and bad news. Bad news if it really is true and you don't want eTorque. But might be a sign that eTorque will soon be available for all the eTorque-interested customers..
Apparently eTorque is the only available option until January

alanstahl

Reaction score
My understanding is all upscale Longhorns and Limiteds are now torque only

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

So how is Ram going to overtake Chevy in sales this year when the standard Hemi is no longer orderable (I assume this applies to dealer orders as well) and they cannot ship either the V6 or eTorque Hemi (presumably due to no EPA cert)?

Does that mean that the factory is about to go idle? I recall a story about extra shifts through Labor day. This doesn't add up.

Kramersp

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the next fanboy response of "this is all normal and Brad's X, Y, and Z did it too" which at this point is false. I just hope the standard 5.7L restriction is a sign that e torque will start moving down the line. So far FCA has shown me that they absolutely FAIL in customer communication

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the next fanboy response of "this is all normal and Brad's X, Y, and Z did it too" which at this point is false. I just hope the standard 5.7L restriction is a sign that e torque will start moving down the line. So far FCA has shown me that they absolutely FAIL in customer communication

Kramersp....I'm not trying to be a jerk, just genuinely curious. Why aren't you buying a vehicle from a manufacturer that you approve of and has the reputation production wise you are looking for? Cheers

Kramersp

Reaction score
Kramersp....I'm not trying to be a jerk, just genuinely curious. Why aren't you buying a vehicle from a manufacturer that you approve of and has the reputation production wise you are looking for? Cheers

Well, because I LOVE the interior of the 2019 Ram. Love it. I also LOVE the ride. And here is the thing, if I dont have delivery by mid to late August, I'll be buying a F150. The F150, I LOVE the drivetrain and the body.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Just because I love the new product doesnt mean I cant call FCA out for being substandard in certain areas.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, because I LOVE the interior of the 2019 Ram. Love it. I also LOVE the ride. And here is the thing, if I dont have delivery by mid to late August, I'll be buying a F150. The F150, I LOVE the drivetrain and the body.

No comparison between the Ram and F150, in my opinion. The Ram takes it to another level.

My tint guy, Ford fan and F150 owner, has been looking at new F150s. He's very impressed with the Ram after tinting mine and is going to take a closer look.

Last edited:

FLG8R

Reaction score
Like @alwi228 says, I also do not want to light a fire but who would be hurting the most? You would be looking at a vehicle (F150) that was purchased more to spite FCA than anything else. They wouldn't even recognize that they lost you. Here I sit waiting on my Rebel since March 7th but know from past experience that the minute I get peed off and walk away I'll kick myself.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like @alwi228 says, I also do not want to light a fire but who would be hurting the most? You would be looking at a vehicle (F150) that was purchased more to spite FCA than anything else. They wouldn't even recognize that they lost you. Here I sit waiting on my Rebel since March 7th but know from past experience that the minute I get peed off and walk away I'll kick myself.
Very true

Kramersp

Reaction score

The thing is, I wouldnt be kicking myself. F150 is a great truck. Where I wouldnt get the 12" uconnect, I would be getting massaging seats and a suspension that will never fail in any climate. Would the ride be as nice? No. Sound as good as the hemi? No. Interior look as good? No. But it also wont body rust, it's faster and the quality record is better. I'm not trying to dig the new 1500. I like it a lot. I ordered one. I'm super excited to get the truck. But I'm not brand loyal. Brand loyalty, in my opinion, screws the consumer out of a superior product. For my needs towing a 4,500lb bass boat on weekends, hunting during season, and commuting, I think the new Ram is the truck for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/