5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Range Day...let’s see what everyone shoots!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Come to find out many of the boxes of 22LR I bought during the apparent shortage recently are subsonics, which does not play nice on a 22 semiauto

Best 22lr ammo I have found is CCI. Very consistent. Joebobs is having an insane deal right now @ 17.95 box of 300 rnds. Free shipping on orders of $90. No tax. If you are current or ex military or LEO, enter promo code THANKYOU for an extra 5% off. Orders over $150 and you can go add a T-shirt to your cart for free as well. Link below.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best 22lr ammo I have found is CCI. Very consistent. Joebobs is having an insane deal right now @ 17.95 box of 300 rnds. Free shipping on orders of $90. No tax. If you are current or ex military or LEO, enter promo code THANKYOU for an extra 5% off. Orders over $150 and you can go add a T-shirt to your cart for free as well. Link below.

Good price! I use the CCI Mini-Mag, incidentally also on sale there! The 'bad' rounds I bought were Federal target, and I paid too much for them because of scarcity at the time. Seems like rounds with the lower muzzle velocity just doesn't throw the bolt back hard enough for a clean ejection. The Mini-Mags always run great.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good price! I use the CCI Mini-Mag, incidentally also on sale there! The 'bad' rounds I bought were Federal target, and I paid too much for them because of scarcity at the time. Seems like rounds with the lower muzzle velocity just doesn't throw the bolt back hard enough for a clean ejection. The Mini-Mags always run great.

Yeah I like the CCI much better than the Federal, especially in this round. You should try the Tactical. Great price. Bullet is a little slimmer so it cycles very cleanly especially in semis. Can’t go wrong with either.

Xmetal

Reaction score
Want to start by saying it was so great to have some company (and competition!) out at the range! I typically have to go by myself. Not many of my friends and family share my interests. Man, I have such great memories of hunting and shooting with my dad. He's still around, but age hasn't been easy on him and he's just not able to get around like that anymore. My ex wife hated everything about guns and hunting, so I put them away to keep the peace.

I'm a pistol guy more than anything else. My carry piece is a Sig M17. My standouts include the Glock 19, my dad's Colt 1911 Government model .45, and as Danielle mentioned, the Desert Eagle .50AE. The Eagle is definitely not a daily shooter. In fact, before Saturday it's over a year since I shot it, and the first time anyone else has handled it.

On the rifle side, my primary hunting rifle is my BAR II Safari in 7mm Rem Mag, also from my dad. A few bolt actions - 30-06, 243, etc. My sporting rifle is the SR-762, Ruger's take on the AR-10 platform. I have a few shotguns; I was big into skeet for a while years ago. Still have my little .410 crack barrel, my very first gun!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Want to start by saying it was so great to have some company (and competition!) out at the range! I typically have to go by myself. Not many of my friends and family share my interests. Man, I have such great memories of hunting and shooting with my dad. He's still around, but age hasn't been easy on him and he's just not able to get around like that anymore. My ex wife hated everything about guns and hunting, so I put them away to keep the peace.

My dad is pretty much out of these activities as well. I go shoot with brother sometimes, but it’s not very often. I don’t actually have many friends, and even less that would enjoy going to the gun range. I had a lot of fun! I was sad to go home :(

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been shooting , hunting, target shooting and shooting a bow as well as reloading since I was a boy. I was lucky enough to have a father that engaged in all these outdoor sports and taught me well. I competed in various competitions over the years and now belong to Littlestown Fish & Game which is the local gun range. I don't want to sound like I own my own personal Amory but I have been collecting firearms for many years. Heres a few of my fav's. Savage in 338 Lapua, Sig 1911, Hk Mark 23, Thompson, EAA witness 9mm, Beretta single six in 45 LC, Colt king cobra in 357.

Attachments

• IMG_1150.JPG
    IMG_1150.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3923.jpg
    IMG_3923.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3564.jpg
    IMG_3564.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1883.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 22
  • colt king cobra 357 mag.jpg
    colt king cobra 357 mag.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 20

TireSlayer

Reaction score
The Eagle is definitely not a daily shooter. In fact, before Saturday it's over a year since I shot it, and the first time anyone else has handled it.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I had mine for 4 years before I sold it. It was a lot of fun and shot surprisingly well. Just hated dropping $2 every time you pulled the trigger lol. Mine was burnt bronze too.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took the words right out of my mouth. I had mine for 4 years before I sold it. It was a lot of fun and shot surprisingly well. Just hated dropping $2 every time you pulled the trigger lol. Mine was burnt bronze too.
Its why I reload everything i shoot (except 22 LR!!)

Xmetal

Reaction score
I think I bought it just to show off, honestly. It’s about all it’s good for.

TireSlayer

Reaction score
Same. I always wanted one and Bud's had a really good deal on it. I sold it to one of my best friends and he let's me shoot it whenever I want, so win/win for me lol

Xmetal

Reaction score
Trucks and guns, what's not to love?
Don't have any pictures on my phone, but my current list is

Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5 creedmore with vortex viper 5-25x50 FFP with the EBR2-MOA reticle.
Sig Sauer P229 9mm with aftermarket hogue g10 grips. (My daily carry gun)
Ruger m77 in 25-06 with Leupold 4-16x30
Remington 870 12 gauge
Ruger 357 Blackhawk with custom grips
Ruger gp100 357
Springfield 1911 in 45acp
Springfield saint in 5.56 with vortex strike eagle 1-8x24 with custom furniture
Dmps Oracle with all custom furniture, trigger
and barrel
A pieced together beater ar15 from spare parts laying around
Customized Ruger 10-22
Savage Mark II 22lr.

And have owned in the past:
Ruger 1911
Another gp100
2 other ar15s
Henry lever action 22
Springfield XD 45.
Springfield XDS 45 and 9mm
Springfield XDe 9mm
Sig Sauer P225
And soon will own an AR9 short barreled rifle with a suppressor.
That’s an impressive list! The Ruger precision’s are so badass, I’d want it in 6.5 as well. How did you customize the 10/22?

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m glad I got to try it out! It is a really cool gun, looks awesome, and Desert Eagle is just a badass name! Just a bit much for me. Wrist is doing better ;)

Users who are viewing this thread