5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Blower Motor Noise

BDKC81

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2021 Limited ED and am experiencing this sound from the passenger vent(s) as well. Has there been any progress made in getting this remedied?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed this weekend when going on my trip that my truck did the same thing. At first I thought my passenger window opened just a bit, but that wasn't it. Then I thought it had just gotten very windy, but this noise happened numerous times so that didn't make sense. Going to follow this thread now.

BDKC81

Reaction score
It’s pretty remarkable that this is an issue with these trucks costing as much as they do. I do a lot of highway miles and am really hoping for a fix in the near future.

Reverse

Reaction score
After driving my truck for over 50,000 miles and having this issue on a regular basis I can pretty reliably recreate it. It happens most often when it's hot outside and the AC is on, and I accelerate or otherwise stress the engine (going uphill, pass another car). HVAC seems to go into recirculation mode (even though the light for recirc does not come on) and then just hangs there - forever.

I just did a trip from Georgia to Michigan and back (in 80-90 degree weather) and the issue would occur multiple times per hour. It really does get very old, very fast.
I posted a screenshot of a Star bulletin over a year ago that detailed the complaint. It stated they would issue a fix at the end of Q2 2020, but as far as I know that didn't happen.

JLaw297

Reaction score
Have had this same issue for the past couple years with mine. Does anyone know if there’s a solution at this point?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have had this same issue for the past couple years with mine. Does anyone know if there’s a solution at this point?
Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're facing this issue with your vehicle. Have you made an appointment with your local Ram dealer for diagnosis recently? If not, we do recommend it. Please send us a private message if you'd like an extra layer of support at that time.

Lex
Ram Cares

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It might be the ANC, and not the hvac itself. Mine does this sometimes, kind of annoying

jorgibob

Reaction score
Stumbled onto this thread…same exact issue on a new 2024 Limited. The noise subsides if I manually cycle the recirculation button. It sounds like I’m closing an airlock each time I turn on recirculation if I’m at 45~ or above.

This is bizarre….I’ve never seen an issue like this. Super disappointed to see that there is no resolution for this on such an expensive vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread