5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares

flyinghigh89

Reaction score
They are worthless, any one have a contact to someone that actually can do something? My 2020 has been at dealer over a month and parts arent due until March. No loaner from dealer still and im racking up quite a bill on rentals and ramcare wont help "until case is closed"

Ram_702

Reaction score
They are worthless, any one have a contact to someone that actually can do something? My 2020 has been at dealer over a month and parts arent due until March. No loaner from dealer still and im racking up quite a bill on rentals and ramcare wont help "until case is closed"
@RamCares

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If someone wanted your help and approached you like that, would you want to help them?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are supply chain issues, they can't just will a part into existence. Depending on the part, pulling it off the line or something might not be possible either. That said, if you're under warranty, you should get a loaner or a rental through the dealer.

flyinghigh89

Reaction score
If someone wanted your help and approached you like that, would you want to help them?
Approached me like what, if after a month of not helping them they got mad at me? Sure I would understand that

Devildawgusmc

Reaction score
Send them a certified letter, they have 30 days from a certified letter to make repairs or the vehicle can be claimed under the Lemon law.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
that is not ramcares job

each dealer is an independent owned and operated business

maybe try going to the dealer's owner and plead your case

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You do realize ram cares is on multiple ram forums and probably get thousands of complaints daily from people just like you. What do you actually expect anybody to do for you when parts are not available right now? I work in the service department and we have cars that have been down since the middle of last year waiting for parts. Why have you not filed for lemon law?

flyinghigh89

Reaction score
You do realize ram cares is on multiple ram forums and probably get thousands of complaints daily from people just like you. What do you actually expect anybody to do for you when parts are not available right now? I work in the service department and we have cars that have been down since the middle of last year waiting for parts. Why have you not filed for lemon law?
All I expected was to be put into either a rental/loaner, this isn't a standard warranty repair that takes a few days, its months and a car in the interim shouldn't be on my dime. Point is moot now as I found a contact at HQ who actually can do something and they have taken over the case and providing rental. Point remains that RamCare does not have the authority to help you, they are window dressing

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
All I expected was to be put into either a rental/loaner, this isn't a standard warranty repair that takes a few days, its months and a car in the interim shouldn't be on my dime. Point is moot now as I found a contact at HQ who actually can do something and they have taken over the case and providing rental. Point remains that RamCare does not have the authority to help you, they are window dressing
Let me preface my post by first saying I haven't had a need for RamCares to do anything for me. So I have no first-hand experience in working with them. But, I have been a member here and on other Ram forums for several years. And in that time, I've seen plenty of threads where members have given credit to RamCares for helping them with their cases. I can't speak for your issues or circumstances, and I really don't know exactly what pull (if any) they might have. But it's unfair to throw out a blanket statement saying they are "worthless" or "window dressing", when I have seen people post up about how much they were helped by RamCares. I can understand your frustration. I can't tell you how I'd react if I were in your shoes. I hope the contact you've made at HQ is able to help you out.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi,
We apologize for your frustration. Please follow up with us via PM so we can look into your existing case to determine if we can assist further.

Rob
Ram Cares

Cocheese

Reaction score
I understand your frustration with lack of resolution on your truck. The loaner vehicles are provided by individual dealers, not FCA/Stellantis.

The fact that you were able to get to a contact at HQ is great, it sounds like you are provided with free rental and thing are rolling. I am pretty sure that your issue has been referred back to RAM Care and they decided to put you into that rental. They probably asked the dealer to put the part on order on to the most urgent status, if the dealer has not done so.

I used to work for RAM Care, back then, it was the Customer Service Hotline number you find in your owners manual. Once in a while, somebody some how got the phone number to the CEO or another high up management and make a complaint of some sort. The info is passed back down to the customer service center personnel and a select few would get the opportunity to work on these "Executive Referrals."

Being that it came from higher up, we would have a lot more leeway to make the customer happy. It is understood that these "Executive Referrals" would be handled by one person and the issue should never go back up again. We had access to a lot of databases, information systems and people to speak with to get things resolved.

So, yes, RAM Care is not just window dressing, but rather do what ever they can based on the parameters. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/