5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox won't lock

Xtrememachines

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Powerwagon and the ram boxes stopped locking. They will unlock if I manually lock them with key. Linkage is not broken, it looks like the plastic solenoid plunger bends instead of moving the linkage to lock. It happens intermittently . Anyone encounter this issue yet or know a fix? I had it at the dealer but of course it worked fine that day. Today its back to not locking, both sides whether box is open or closed.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Take a video of it the next time it happens and show it to the service adviser. If they still won't do anything about it maybe @RamCares can step in and help with this. Or you could always try another dealership.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you mean they stopped locking, or unlocking, or latching?

Have you tried slamming them shut and seeing if they work like that?

If they are like the 1500s the locks are electronic and you can open them with Alfaobd also to test if it's physical or software problems.

Sounds like you don't have the same Ramboxes as me on my 22 Limited

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The boxes are different on HDs than on 1500s, so may have different parts. Try HD Rams.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Powerwagon and the ram boxes stopped locking. They will unlock if I manually lock them with key. Linkage is not broken, it looks like the plastic solenoid plunger bends instead of moving the linkage to lock. It happens intermittently . Anyone encounter this issue yet or know a fix? I had it at the dealer but of course it worked fine that day. Today its back to not locking, both sides whether box is open or closed.
Hello,

We're sorry to hear about this ongoing concern. Since it is happening again, have you considered bringing it back to the dealers attention for further assistance? If not, we do recommend doing so. If you decide to go that route and need any additional assistance at that time, feel free to reach out to our team via private message.

Lex
Ram Cares

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you mean they stopped locking, or unlocking, or latching?

Have you tried slamming them shut and seeing if they work like that?

If they are like the 1500s the locks are electronic and you can open them with Alfaobd also to test if it's physical or software problems.

Sounds like you don't have the same Ramboxes as me on my 22 Limited
HD ramboxes are the same as 4th gen 1500's, and are completely different than those on 5th gens.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
HD ramboxes are the same as 4th gen 1500's, and are completely different than those on 5th gens.
I had a feeling about that.
I believe 5th gens are the second version of Ramboxes?
One of these years they will make them metal so they don't warp in the sun.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had a feeling about that.
I believe 5th gens are the second version of Ramboxes?
One of these years they will make them metal so they don't warp in the sun.
Yup, 5th gens have the second generation of ramboxes. It's not just the sun that makes them warp. The way the outer skin is attached to the inner lid contributes to it as well. Definitely could have been designed better. I was hoping an aftermarket company would make replacement lids that work better but I suspect it wouldn't be worth the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread