5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox extender "hooks"

Pribilof

Reaction score
What is the "cab to box seal?" What does it do?

P/n 68309888AA?

RAMRhode

Reaction score
What is the "cab to box seal?" What does it do?

P/n 68309888AA?
To address the wind noise coming from the rear of cab. Factory started leaving them off for some reason in builds from Dec 2018 on. Maybe there were complaints about snow/ice buildup with seal in place? IDK. Many threads on wind noise and this seems to correct it for the most part for those that have installed it.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/road-noise-interior.3833/page-4#post-78664

Pribilof

Reaction score

macallien

Reaction score
Questions guys? Here are these part numbers the same for the 5.7 and 6.4 boxes? Also, do we need to order tow of each 68054997AB and 68054996AA, or does each one have two pieces per?

Also every site I go to says that these are NOT for the 2019 truck?

Last edited:

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Questions guys? Here are these part numbers the same for the 5.7 and 6.4 boxes? Also, do we need to order tow of each 68054997AB and 68054996AA, or does each one have two pieces per?

Also every site I go to says that these are NOT for the 2019 truck?
Read my post. #37 on page 2. As long as you have the four tapped holes on each rear bed post, the parts are same.

BriManley

Reaction score
I put this question under a different thread on BUG and RamBox.

So I have a question about BUG after the truck order. I ordered my Limited w/RamBox back in early January. There was a lot of confusing information about what was included in the RamBox package at that point. In the literature, RamBox management included 4 tiedowns on rails, bed lighting, and bed divider/extender. The BUG was spray in liner, bed lighting, 4 tiedowns on rails. Since we couldn't get a clear answer then and things looked very redundant, I did not put BUG on the order and the dealer agreed.
Now things seem clearer and you only get the bed divider with the RamBox and BUG. I still want the divider. Went to the dealer today and the parts department said it is sales code CTX and they could order a divider for $1100. The BUG option is like $545 and I think includes the deployable bed step now.

Do you think the dealer should be able to add the CTX code before delivery and give me the parts? Should be delivered by next weekend. I will not pay $1100 for the single item when the group is half that.

Pribilof

Reaction score
I put this question under a different thread on BUG and RamBox.

So I have a question about BUG after the truck order. I ordered my Limited w/RamBox back in early January. There was a lot of confusing information about what was included in the RamBox package at that point. In the literature, RamBox management included 4 tiedowns on rails, bed lighting, and bed divider/extender. The BUG was spray in liner, bed lighting, 4 tiedowns on rails. Since we couldn't get a clear answer then and things looked very redundant, I did not put BUG on the order and the dealer agreed.
Now things seem clearer and you only get the bed divider with the RamBox and BUG. I still want the divider. Went to the dealer today and the parts department said it is sales code CTX and they could order a divider for $1100. The BUG option is like $545 and I think includes the deployable bed step now.

Do you think the dealer should be able to add the CTX code before delivery and give me the parts? Should be delivered by next weekend. I will not pay $1100 for the single item when the group is half that.

The BUG is a great deal as you get the divider and the bed lights for combined for less than the cost of either.

Several dividers on eBay for $400-$500 (68027145AE ) and you can probably get a seller to throw in the missing extender parts.

Dnmoc

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I bought mine in November 2018.
Paid for BUG and Ram Box over $1500.
Got no step and no hooks for extender.
Was sure that divider works as an extender - and when went to move some things, spent an hour to figure that it doesn’t.
Called the dealer - he said that they don’t come like that and I need to purchase them separately, at that point I didn’t know about step, and now I’m here, what do you think?
How is the side step btw, who owns?
Thank you.

Douglas31

Reaction score
There has been a lot of confusion with the BUG. I did not get it with my truck but it still came with the divider. But that was back in August and I think now you have to get the BUG to get the divider. I could be wrong though.

Dnmoc

Reaction score
What about step? Anybody got it with bug - box combo? Or others please advise who end up getting from dealer after complaining?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What about step? Anybody got it with bug - box combo? Or others please advise who end up getting from dealer after complaining?
I bought the step! It’s great. You can’t get it with the group as it is supposedly on an engineering hold from what I hear. I also bought the pieces to make my divider/extender function as an extender. I did not have the BUG option on my truck but negotiated the divider/extender into my deal

cccdurangowhite

Reaction score
I previously posted this in the "What is known about the BUG" thread which focused on the documentation changes removing the word "extender":

I have a growing suspicion that RAM legal has decided to drop the RamBox extender functionality by simply deleting the four attachment points near the bed like @Douglas31 received. That would line up with the documentation change.

I'm imagining someone overloaded their bed, the extender broke and spewed pots, pans, and granny's rocker all over the highway. Sued FCA and they decided, "let's just drop the extender function moving forward." Cheap fix and pure speculation on my part.

Then my devious mind turns to "how to get the four attachments through parts." What if a previous year owner needed a replacement for one of them? You can probably order spare parts, get back into business, and RAM can disavow any responsibility because you made an "unsupported modification."

Now to get the dealer to pay for these upon delivery...
I have asked the dealer for the parts-Answer No due to the fact that the DT new del tailgate is Aluminum the engineers do not want the possible weight on the tailgate,
So I went to the dealer and bought them, they even came in overnight freight. The bolts were included in the 4 pices needed.
The part numbers in this thread were right on the money,
I also do not plan to overload the tailgate, but it is nice to have the ability to bulk out the bed with a couple of feet of extra space

Thank you all in the forum.
CCC

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have asked the dealer for the parts-Answer No due to the fact that the DT new del tailgate is Aluminum the engineers do not want the possible weight on the tailgate,
So I went to the dealer and bought them, they even came in overnight freight. The bolts were included in the 4 pices needed.
The part numbers in this thread were right on the money,
I also do not plan to overload the tailgate, but it is nice to have the ability to bulk out the bed with a couple of feet of extra space

Thank you all in the forum.
CCC

That doesn’t make sense since they still make an extender :unsure:

Stikako

Reaction score
This was my order:

82215289AB - Step Kit-Side -$276.10 (this is the bed step that was mentioned)
68054996AA - Handle-Swivel Release -$22.37 (QTY 2)
68054997AB - Inner Panel Grommet - $14.69 (QTY 2)

Subtotal: $350.22
Promo discount 8%:-$28.02
Shipping (United States Post Office):$23.78
Total:$345.98

SERIOUSLY?
quoted at $171 Canadian after tax for those 4 bolts alone!
I’m going to check some auto wreckers for these parts.

Jaroberts

Reaction score
Just order mine via morparamerica.....too 30 mins to get an email saying they were shipped...we’ll see.

Dealer had no clue and did not want to help, for $80k limited, surely they would add the parts.

Read elsewhere it’s a FED regulation, is why FCA stopped installing them.

I’ll keep y’all posted

Reaction score
I have a 2020 with the Rambox and bought the cargo management system so I could get the bed extender with the 5'7" bed. Ater getting the truck and trying to use it as a bed extender, I went to the dealership and they were confused. We did research and found the videos showing it working that way and tried to order the parts.

Chrysler came back and said that this was not available for my vehicle. I pushed back and said why since it was purchased for that reason and the response I got was:

"It blocks the tail lights"

I then said that the tail lights are outside the tailgate so there is no way it does. Chrysler then came back to me with:

"If someone is to your right, they cannot see your left directional if the bed extender is in play"

I then asked why would it matter if the truck was turning left for someone on the right and got nothing but silence. This is the corporate response.

Thank you for the part numbers, I am trying to order them myself.

Narg

Reaction score
I have a 2020 with the Rambox and bought the cargo management system so I could get the bed extender with the 5'7" bed. Ater getting the truck and trying to use it as a bed extender, I went to the dealership and they were confused. We did research and found the videos showing it working that way and tried to order the parts.
Chrysler came back and said that this was not available for my vehicle. I pushed back and said why since it was purchased for that reason and the response I got was:
"It blocks the tail lights"
I then said that the tail lights are outside the tailgate so there is no way it does. Chrysler then came back to me with:
"If someone is to your right, they cannot see your left directional if the bed extender is in play"
I then asked why would it matter if the truck was turning left for someone on the right and got nothing but silence. This is the corporate response.

Personally, I wouldn't expect FCA to answer for Government stupidity. As my father once put it "the Government doesn't drive my truck, I do..." hinting at the government doesn't look deep enough into the issues to decern reality or not.

I also have a 2020 RAM with bed utility group. Ordered the spare parts tonight. Hope they show up. This was one of the reasons I ordered the bed utility group. I probably won't use it much, but when I need it I hope it will be more help that not. I get this lights issue, but really, it's not an issue. You can still see the lights, and far too many vehicles with new LED lights, you can't see the lights even without distracting things in the way. Way overboard IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/