5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Paco TX

Reaction score
I ordered 5/10 and recently got the same sorry news, but I DID order the mythical brown lower paint, and they have decided they can't be bothered; so I had to modify my order and get back in line.
That's just weird. "1Raider" ordered Brown with the Walnut 2-tone and he already has his. Check his pictures a couple of pages back. You have to look close but definitely 2-tone.
Oh well, a lot of things we've been hearing don't make sense. Stay tuned.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I forgot to claim my crown for longest order to delivery! Picked it Wed night and that made it 140 days. Hopefully I was always retain this title meaning that no one has to wait as long as I did!
Absolutely loving the truck BTW!
Long live the KING!

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do we know for sure they removed them because FCA decided they were a liability? Because the same liability attaches to them if they are still making them available for purchase.
Not a fact, but why else would they do this? The only other reason would be cost reduction. If that was the case, they would redily offer the kit as an option. The reason we can still add the connection points is because they are available as parts for the prior year models and still fit the 2019.

Who knows the real reason?

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I don't think you'll get the bed lights but I think the bed DIVIDER is included with the Rambox option. The Divider has the bed extension feature but the truck is missing the attachment post. FCA decided it was a liability and removed them. You can buy the mounting post if desired.
So are you saying that if you order the ram boxes, the truck is coming through without the bed lights? I ordered the bed utility group. Will the truck come through with the bed step as well? I'm in D1 status. Ordered a Longhorn in white 3 coat with ram boxes no e torque, new black and saddle interior. Really wish I would have ordered e torque, but was afraid, since it's so new to the 5.7 liter.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So are you saying that if you order the ram boxes, the truck is coming through without the bed lights? I ordered the bed utility group. Will the truck come through with the bed step as well? I'm in D1 status. Ordered a Longhorn in white 3 coat with ram boxes no e torque, new black and saddle interior. Really wish I would have ordered e torque, but was afraid, since it's so new to the 5.7 liter.
I am no expert. I have just researched and read that some have received the Divider with Rambox only while others have not. I'll have to defer to others on the bedlights too. Strike what I said earlier! All I can say with certainty is that a Limited 4WD with Ramboxes, Off Road Group, and every other available option (except towing) will have all the listed accessories. Otherwise, the online build site is hit or miss on a few items.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I am no expert. I have just researched and read that some have received the Divider with Rambox only while others have not. I'll have to defer to others on the bedlights too. Strike what I said earlier! All I can say with certainty is that a Limited 4WD with Ramboxes, Off Road Group, and every other available option (except towing) will have all the listed accessories. Otherwise, the online build site is hit or miss on a few items.
My Longhorn order has all the options except e torque and towing (wanted the Birdseye view mirrors), so I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Waiting for this order to get here has been most stressful.

Foxman

Reaction score
Ordered same build

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would be really helpful if members would include their truck model and options in their signature for reference. (y)(y)(y)

Kaz

Reaction score
Hmm... I don’t know about D1... but I’m at 152 days since order... technically went D1 on 7/1... so I guess it’s 92 days since first D1.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

With RamBox and BUG you will get everything listed except the bed extender mounts (four pins/handles that actually make the RamBox divider usable as an extender) and the bed step.
Seems like ~100% who've argued that they ordered it back when Ram acknowledged the "extender" have been able to get the dealer to order the extender mounts as warranty items that Ram neglected to install at no charge.
If you are king of the salesmen, you might be able to get them to also order the bed step at no charge but to the best of my knowledge no one has been able to pull that off. My dealer happily ordered the mounts but wouldn't budge on the bed step.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
With RamBox and BUG you will get everything listed except the bed extender mounts (four pins/handles that actually make the RamBox divider usable as an extender) and the bed step.
Seems like ~100% who've argued that they ordered it back when Ram acknowledged the "extender" have been able to get the dealer to order the extender mounts as warranty items that Ram neglected to install at no charge.
If you are king of the salesmen, you might be able to get them to also order the bed step at no charge but to the best of my knowledge no one has been able to pull that off. My dealer happily ordered the mounts but wouldn't budge on the bed step.
Wonderful, so the first thing I have to do uponn taking delivery, is argue and fight with the dealer. I guess I'll get to see just how good "Freedom Auto Group" is! Hopefully they'll be customer oriented and get me what was listed as included at the time of ordering.

Seadog1272

Reaction score
View attachment 5288 View attachment 5289

Spotted in the wild. Still taped up and wrapped in plastic like I asked them to do. Sitting away from the fray. Looks like Rambox doors are both sitting a little high. The bed cover isn't seated at the rear as reported here. Everything else looks square and tight.
Nice Truck, exactly like the one I ordered, except I don't have the sunroof. Can you post a picture of your payload sticker.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Since I requested "don't touch, don't wash", I got the chance to inspect the exterior as shipped. The body panels are reasonably aligned although the seams aren't perfect. As long as it isn't obvious and nothing rubs, that's fine. The doors are aligned well. The tailgate is offset 1/16" to the right and the right tail lamp assembly isn't flush to the body.

I'll request that the rambox lid heights and right tail lamp are adjusted.

This truck has a very smooth paint job. It's as if it was buffed out. I found evidence of buffing compund in the seams but couldn't find any signs of repair. There is hardly any peel texture on the truck and reflections of street lights where like looking at a mirror. My Jeep had a medium peel and reflections appeared a little distorted. Anyone else notice this?

I'm critiquing the truck pretty hard. Overall, it's very nice on the exterior. I am NOT complaining!
It really bothers me that "American" auto manufacturers let things out of the factory improperly aligned.

I own a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD Limited (made in Georgia), and the body seams are all in perfect alignment. No slop to be found anywhere! Why can't the big three do that as well. Usually the personnel at the dealership makes it worse when they try and fix what the factory screwed up!

Beautiful truck!!!!! I have an ivory 3 coat Longhorn coming soon.....

I wish you the best of luck with yours!

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Ordered 8/22/2018. Checked today, as of yesterday 9/29/2018, in KZ status (approved for shipping). FCA said it could be up to 2 more weeks before it ships.

2019 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4 5'7" Box. 5.7 Liter Hemi (non e-totque), 8 Speed Auto, Ivory 3 Coat, Monotone Paint, Leather Black New Saddle, 33 Gallon Fuel Tank, Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Longhorn level 1 Equipment Group, Off Road Group, Trailer Brake Control, Bed Utility Group, RamBox Cargo Management System, Advanced Safety Group, Air Suspension 4 Corner.

TDubyaDubya

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Picked up my Granite Limited yesterday morning. Have had very little time with it so far as we are busy harvesting in the field.

But thought I would drop just a couple photos

Attachments

• B9CE9FA6-D3D9-4236-8A3F-CADB35D989D6.jpeg
    B9CE9FA6-D3D9-4236-8A3F-CADB35D989D6.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • B5D7F88B-F207-413E-9A75-220312B7749E.jpeg
    B5D7F88B-F207-413E-9A75-220312B7749E.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 49
  • 79A7DD69-A93B-4558-A4F8-0B61279A5ECF.jpeg
    79A7DD69-A93B-4558-A4F8-0B61279A5ECF.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread