5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hope mine moves as fast as yours did Slim, though I’m going to wait to officially pickup til 1 Oct for a hopeful incentive bump. Baileys in North Kingstown RI, they have been great so far.

Yours is delivered, where are the pictures

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Ugh, mine last reported in eastern OH, the wrong direction out of Detroit to Minneapolis. Looks like I'm on a same train as @Kaz. Hopefully it is already headed west.

Reactions: Kaz

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yours is delivered, where are the pictures
I know right? Such a slacker... :ROFLMAO: It was pouring rain, I had a lot of work to do, there was a rock in my shoe, the sun was in my eyes, my dog ate my homework...
Well honestly it’s raining at least, my dealer should have it all pretty by the time I get off work tonight!

Kaz

Reaction score
Ugh, mine last reported in eastern OH, the wrong direction out of Detroit to Minneapolis. Looks like I'm on a same train as @Kaz. Hopefully it is already headed west.

Looks like this is the Granite train! Lol. Wife is impatiently waiting on her truck to be delivered. I almost don’t want to update her on it’s progress as it really only makes it worse for me... as she wants to know when/where is the next step, when will it get here, etc. I’m like, it gets here when it gets here... I don’t control the train. She wasn’t a fan of that answer...

TimG

Reaction score
Day 10 at the VDC. It has now officially been waiting for a truck to my dealer longer than it took to get on the train and out of the plant yard...o_O

Dads Ram

Reaction score
@Neocane on truck to dealer and probably already delivered!

Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 09/26/18 06:48:00 AM ALLIANCE, TX VDC

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Day 10 at the VDC. It has now officially been waiting for a truck to my dealer longer than it took to get on the train and out of the plant yard...o_O

Right there with you. @Dads Ram arrived in Pearland two days after me and is already delivered! I also noticed as part of the Ram delivery games that he shipped out on 9/13 with estimated delivery of 9/21-10/2. I left on 9/12 with est del of 9/28-10/4 - both going to the same rail yard! I have to believe dealer shenanigans or ratings or orders is in play here.

TimG

Reaction score
I have to believe dealer shenanigans or ratings or orders is in play here.

I'd think that too, but since it's harvest time up here, every available rig is pulling giant loads of hay and other crops, along with cattle, to market. That takes priority around here (and for good reason).
I guess I will just have to continue developing my already high level of patience and hope that the October rebates make it all OK :ROFLMAO:

Dads Ram

Reaction score
I can't speak to the FCA "shenanigans" but the GM at my dealership has always told me he can have a vehicle picked up anytime after its unloaded. They obviously like to have the truck full versus making a run for one or two vehicles. Left me with the impression he has influence over it. I have bought 7 FCA vehicles from him in the last four years, 6 of which were ordered. I believe him as it has never taken him more than a a couple days to get it to their store, once it was in town. I am pretty sure they are on a schedule where they get at least one truck a week from that rail yard already, so maybe that's all it is. He literally told me last Thursday (before it was in town) that I could pick it up on Wednesday of this week.

I know it's frustrating. Maybe worth asking your dealer/salesperson how often they get a truck in and on what day of the wek, etc...

Last edited:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd think that too, but since it's harvest time up here, every available rig is pulling giant loads of hay and other crops, along with cattle, to market. That takes priority around here (and for good reason).
I guess I will just have to continue developing my already high level of patience and hope that the October rebates make it all OK :ROFLMAO:

I hear you. I'm just now balancing Oct incentives against the warranty price increases on 10/2. Maybe they have a 30 day "return" on the warranty where I could buy it before the price goes up?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't speak to the FCA "shenanigans" but the GM at my dealership has always told me he can have a vehicle picked up anytime after its unloaded. They obviously like to have the truck full versus making a run for one or two vehicles. Left me with the impression he has influence over it. I have bought 7 FCA vehicles from him in the last four years, 6 of which were ordered. I believe him as it has never taken him more than a a couple days to get it to their store, once it was in town. I am pretty sure they are on a schedule where they get at least one truck a week from that rail yard already, so maybe that's all it is. He literally told me last Thursday (before it was in town) that I could pick it up on Wednesday of this week.

Thanks. I'm really coming to believe I'm not working with a good dealership. Spoke to the GM an hour ago and he said they are expecting 10 trucks "Friday or Saturday" and this is after I've been unloaded for 6 days.
They are really acting like their hands are tied.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Right there with you. @Dads Ram arrived in Pearland two days after me and is already delivered! I also noticed as part of the Ram delivery games that he shipped out on 9/13 with estimated delivery of 9/21-10/2. I left on 9/12 with est del of 9/28-10/4 - both going to the same rail yard! I have to believe dealer shenanigans or ratings or orders is in play here.

FILO

First in, last out. Think of it like shoving cans in a cupboard, you have to load back to front, and unload front to back.

My best guess as to why it's opposite what you were expecting.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FILO

First in, last out. Think of it like shoving cans in a cupboard, you have to load back to front, and unload front to back.

My best guess as to why it's opposite what you were expecting.

Makes sense except he was unloaded on 9/22 and I was unloaded on 9/20. He's already delivered and my dealer is thinking maybe Saturday. Rail car unload has nothing to do with it.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
What is so hard to understand about " 2000 Rambox Equipped trucks are BUILT, IN STORAGE, and WILL NOT SHIP until they are reworked, and that will only happen when they have " engineered a solution". THERE IS NO SOLUTION YET!!! Gosh, this is not hard to understand at all- there are NONE in "transit" and the guy here who thinks he is going to get his in 48 hours is WRONG. This came from the Area Rep. This is NOT a rumor, or is it FAKENEWS ( it was not reported on CNN ) I am cancelling my order and will wait til next year. I don't want a truck that they have this many manufacturing issues and for the amopunt of money I was paying, I don't want to endure their "learning curve " . . As much as I love the idea of the truck, the reality is that they don't know what they are doing, and I did not order my truck in may only to receive it in October, if then. Further, I agree with the guy here that said he did not want a truck that had sat outside that long. I will keep my 2013 Longhorn and enjoy it- everything works, and it does have working well engineered RAMBOX on it. Maybe next year RAM.
Hey @jackson, what did you end up doing about your truck? MOTS shows it delivered to the dealer on 8/21.

Kaz

Reaction score

FILO

ramfan

Reaction score
Found out today that my truck was at upfit what ever that is and is now in shipping

Users who are viewing this thread