5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Dads Ram

Reaction score
Finally D1 and a build date! Ordered 6/23. Not too optimistic they stick to it, but first movement I have seen since I ordered it, so it takes very little to make me smile! Hopefully this means progress for a few more orders and this is a new batch going to D1.

Dear Alex: I am writing back with regards to your 2019 Ram 1500 Order! There has been a new update on your order; according to our resources, your order is now in the Gateline Schedule Status (D1) with a build plan timing for the week of October 1st. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2019 Ram 1500 order & will provide email updates as they become available. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Sincerely, Nicole Ram Product Information Center

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I am ON the "Bullet Train"!!!
3 States in two days and now only 102 miles to the drop off site for the truck delivery :)

Slim1963 (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Ivory)
Date ordered: 05/07/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 06/01/2018
Estimated delivery: 09/12/2018 - 09/17/2018
Built pending inspection: 08/28/18 12:24:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/28/18 02:07:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/28/18 08:45:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND
Production Status KZ Received 08/30/18 03:20:00 PM
Gate Out 08/30/18 07:47:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 09/03/18 01:19:00 AM NEW BOSTON, MI VDC
Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 09/05/18 04:28:13 PM NEW BOSTON, MI
Railcar Released by Consignee 09/05/18 07:05:00 PM NEW BOSTON, MI
In-Transit Report Station, Rail Arrival 09/06/18 05:01:00 PM WALBRIDGE, OH
In-Transit Report Station, Rail Arrival 09/07/18 12:21:00 AM COLLINWOOD, OH
In-Transit 09/07/18 10:00:00 AM BUFFALO, NY
In-Transit Report Station, Rail Arrival 09/07/18 04:05:00 PM SELKIRK, NY

Last edited:

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Dads Ram ... Hopefully you will be surprised by how quickly it moves once they start running the batch of D1's with your date. The 9 (2 where adding to MOTS tracking recently) trucks in the 8/21 group have had quick movement with a few already shipped.

In MOTS, I search for "e: 08/21" and jump through the group of D1 trucks quickly. The list is a bit unwieldy to scroll through.

Last edited:

Boatjockey

Reaction score
I found that there was a $1000 conquest cash for competing truck owners and $500 conquest cash for any non-FCA vehicle owner. It was due to expire 10/01/18. The dealer claims that only the truck offer shows up in his computer but I lknow I saw the $500 conquest cash for any non-FCA vehicle. Any help with locating this deal would be appreciated. I can't find it on Ram website anymore.

Dads Ram

Reaction score
@ExcursionDiesel I sure hope so, will be glad to see the update in MOTS, I guess it takes a day or two. Yes, if its like the 8/21 D1s, it should be good. All in all, still looks like it will be about 4 months before I get it (from the order date).

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found that there was a $1000 conquest cash for competing truck owners and $500 conquest cash for any non-FCA vehicle owner. It was due to expire 10/01/18. The dealer claims that only the truck offer shows up in his computer but I lknow I saw the $500 conquest cash for any non-FCA vehicle. Any help with locating this deal would be appreciated. I can't find it on Ram website anymore.
I got the current cash back ($1,500) and conquest cash, but my $500 mailer coupon expired 9/4, so we missed out on that. Haven’t seen the one you’re talking about.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
I got the current cash back ($1,500) and conquest cash, but my $500 mailer coupon expired 9/4, so we missed out on that. Haven’t seen the one you’re talking about.
Ok. Thanks. Went to check the truck today (finally called me at 3pm that it arrived). Went over it and found the following issues:
Both Ramboxes are misaligned
Small paint chip in fended flare
A/C blowing 6-8 degrees warmer on drivers' side
Tonneau cover not attached properly
One tailgate cable shorter than the other so it hangs on one cable only
Bed extender is there but no way to attach it , duhhhhh

The test ride went good. No wind noise and no knock from the front end.
I will go pick it up tomorrow since it was too late to go to the bank to get the check and I want them to start fixing some of the issues.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Went to check the truck today (finally called me at 3pm that it arrived). Went over it and found the following issues:
Both Ramboxes are misaligned
Small paint chip in fended flare
A/C blowing 6-8 degrees warmer on drivers' side
Tonneau cover not attached properly
One tailgate cable shorter than the other so it hangs on one cable only
Bed extender is there but no way to attach it , duhhhhh

The test ride went good. No wind noise and no knock from the front end.
I will go pick it up tomorrow since it was too late to go to the bank to get the check and I want them to start fixing some of the issues.
My observations at delivery were similar:
  • Slight misalignment of RamBox lids. They're just cinched in a bit from the outer body panel. They're otherwise evenly-gapped. The guys at the dealership said that they're among the better ones (on a 2019) that they've seen thus far. I'll attempt a minor adjustment and call it a day.
  • Minor scratches on one fender flare and one rocker panel, plus quite a few microscratches on rear cab corners, at tailgate latch, and at one of the RamBox lids...I'm guessing this happened when the spray-in bedliner was done, based on previous threads on this forum. All of them look easy to buff out.
  • Tonneau cover needs the rear clamps moved further to the rear, as noted in other threads on this forum.
  • One tailgate cable is shorter than the other. I'm not worried about it, but it's a strange issue!
  • We completed a work authorization request for the missing bed extender posts. Ironically, they had a Rebel with RamBoxes sitting right next to mine with the tailgate down, and it had them. Proof positive of the intent of the design. Almost stole them.
  • Front lower air dam was tattered at the bottom on both corners, probably from transit. Ours is a fixed part due to the air suspension, so it'll be an easy remove-and-replace.
  • I noticed a few (very) minor interior leather defects on the door cards. The driver's side rear door armrest was the most noticeable. They'll replace that door panel (comes as one unit) for me.
  • Neither of the rear seats reclines! This one is really strange. The latches release, but something is preventing the seats from sliding. I'll check those cables that others have mentioned to see if they are properly attached (they look like they are, but maybe I haven't looked close enough!).
  • I may have the body flex / "clunk" that others have been talking about, but it's pretty quiet and has only occurred sporadically. I'll keep listening.
Sounds like a long list...but I'm not as worried about it as I thought I'd be. Everyone on 5th Gen has been forthcoming about issues, and I guess I was prepared for them. Also, everything mechanical and electrical (including A/C, UConnect, driveline, etc.) seems to be good so far.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My observations at delivery were similar:
  • Slight misalignment of RamBox lids. They're just cinched in a bit from the outer body panel. They're otherwise evenly-gapped. The guys at the dealership said that they're among the better ones (on a 2019) that they've seen thus far. I'll attempt a minor adjustment and call it a day.
  • Minor scratches on one fender flare and one rocker panel, plus quite a few microscratches on rear cab corners, at tailgate latch, and at one of the RamBox lids...I'm guessing this happened when the spray-in bedliner was done, based on previous threads on this forum. All of them look easy to buff out.
  • Tonneau cover needs the rear clamps moved further to the rear, as noted in other threads on this forum.
  • One tailgate cable is shorter than the other. I'm not worried about it, but it's a strange issue!
  • We completed a work authorization request for the missing bed extender posts. Ironically, they had a Rebel with RamBoxes sitting right next to mine with the tailgate down, and it had them. Proof positive of the intent of the design. Almost stole them.
  • Front lower air dam was tattered at the bottom on both corners, probably from transit. Ours is a fixed part due to the air suspension, so it'll be an easy remove-and-replace.
  • I noticed a few (very) minor interior leather defects on the door cards. The driver's side rear door armrest was the most noticeable. They'll replace that door panel (comes as one unit) for me.
  • Neither of the rear seats reclines! This one is really strange. The latches release, but something is preventing the seats from sliding. I'll check those cables that others have mentioned to see if they are properly attached (they look like they are, but maybe I haven't looked close enough!).
  • I may have the body flex / "clunk" that others have been talking about, but it's pretty quiet and has only occurred sporadically. I'll keep listening.
Sounds like a long list...but I'm not as worried about it as I thought I'd be. Everyone on 5th Gen has been forthcoming about issues, and I guess I was prepared for them. Also, everything mechanical and electrical (including A/C, UConnect, driveline, etc.) seems to be good so far.
Thanks @SpeedyV nice write-up. Keep us posted on the seat recline, that is a feature I was looking forward to showing the fam. Got any pics of her?

Phiefer

Reaction score
My Black Limited has finally gone KZ today. I also noticed I could access my 'build sheet' using the link provided by the forum a few months ago.
In reviewing my build sheet, I saw a line item on the last page 'D1-To-D Regress'. Wow, don't recall ordering that...
Don't know for sure, but I assume this may be to track some rework/fixes.
Silver truck order is still in D1.
Unless there is something major wrong with the Black one, it should arrive first and I will most likely let the Silver one go to the dealer to sell or trade.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Black Limited has finally gone KZ today. I also noticed I could access my 'build sheet' using the link provided by the forum a few months ago.
In reviewing my build sheet, I saw a line item on the last page 'D1-To-D Regress'. Wow, don't recall ordering that...
Don't know for sure, but I assume this may be to track some rework/fixes.
Silver truck order is still in D1.
Unless there is something major wrong with the Black one, it should arrive first and I will most likely let the Silver one go to the dealer to sell or trade.

Interesting. Several of us should have that same D1-D line.
@Slim - do you have this on your build sheet?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. Several of us should have that same D1-D line.
@Slim - do you have this on your build sheet?

Found it. Yes I had that plus this special scheduling condition notation on my build

• * Special Scheduling Condition VII
  • * D1-To-D Regress

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found this on another forum. Not sure if its accurate, but I'll take it :)

Special Conditioning Condition VII

"It's an internal code that is applied when the schedulers or another employee at Chrysler (Who has the authority) schedule an order when there isn't allocation or to give an order priority in scheduling."

Last edited:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found it. Yes I had that plus this special scheduling condition notation on my build

• * Special Scheduling Condition VII
  • * D1-To-D Regress

Maybe it's just an internal database code they can search on later when they do a "launch debrief" on how things went. How many scheduled orders were de-scheduled due supply chain errors.

Users who are viewing this thread