5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

TimG

Reaction score
The weather must really suck around Montana, your hold has been removed

Movement!!!!! I just saw this and got an email from "Nicole" stating the same thing. Funny thing is, Its been sunny and in the 80's/90's since June here. I have no idea what the weather hold was all about. Unless they were worried about wildfires...... That's a valid worry.
The ETA to dealership that Nicole quoted was Sep 26- Oct 1. If that holds true, and assuming the quality gremlins didn't hitch a ride from the plant, I'll be happy. That would also make it a total of 20 weeks from order to acceptance.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
More movement for the 8/21 D1 group:

dutchman187 (Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4 - Maximum Steel)
Date ordered: 08/13/2018
Current Status: JB
D1 status date: 08/21/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 09/06/18 06:58:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 09/06/18 09:26:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT

Paco TX

Reaction score
Happy for @ExcursionDiesel but this is the first time I've honestly considered canceling my order and moving on. His config is almost identical to mine but ordered 8 weeks later.
I've got over 4 months now invested in this so not sure what I'll do. May take a break from the forum because I don't want to be the only negative voice.
I am considering canceling my order as well. My dealer required a $1,000 deposit which I paid on 5/15, (actually paid, not just a check for them to hold), expecting delivery within 8 weeks. My negotiated price was 10% under MSRP, plus "any additional rebates available at the time of delivery." (Not a great deal, but good enough considering I would get a '19 in the summer of '18) I had a deal made to sell my old truck, which my buyer canceled because of all these delays, and I know my value is less now (and going down.) If my exact truck was sitting on the lot, I know I could buy it for significantly less. In fact, I bought my last two Ram Longhorns from two different dealers for 18% and 16% respectively, under MSRP. And I believe that within a few more months, Ram Boxes will be all over the inventory lots. So, why not wait a little longer and make a much better deal?

Paco TX

Reaction score
Are you implying your dealer won't renegotiate the deal on your truck? If they won't then you absolutely should cancel your order.
They are now offering to match my prior sales deal on my old truck as a trade in, and lock it in until the new one arrives. Knowing that, I'll wait a little longer, and then renegotiate the whole deal.

Foxman

Reaction score
Happy for @ExcursionDiesel but this is the first time I've honestly considered canceling my order and moving on. His config is almost identical to mine but ordered 8 weeks later.
I've got over 4 months now invested in this so not sure what I'll do. May take a break from the forum because I don't want to be the only negative voice.
ExcursionDiesel, you are in fact a gentlemen and much respect to you for your response. Edwards, myself and several others have been waiting a hell of a long time and as you might expect, seeing others ordering months later getting trucks built exactly the same as ours is now beyond getting old, it SUCKS!!!!

With that said, we mean no offense to you folks who are getting your truck built. We are certainly happy for you, however, it is bittersweet for us.

I've tried my best to be the positive voice on this thread, but like Edwards, its getting old fast.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Very old indeed but the logjam is seeing a little light between the logs. 4 yesterday, another this morning.

I think I mixed metaphors somewhere

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ExcursionDiesel, you are in fact a gentlemen and much respect to you for your response. Edwards, myself and several others have been waiting a hell of a long time and as you might expect, seeing others ordering months later getting trucks built exactly the same as ours is now beyond getting old, it SUCKS!!!!

With that said, we mean no offense to you folks who are getting your truck built. We are certainly happy for you, however, it is bittersweet for us.

I've tried my best to be the positive voice on this thread, but like Edwards, its getting old fast.

I most wholeheartedly concur.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
I most wholeheartedly concur.
Same here. So far almost all of the people I have seen on here have been have been gentlemen and also great sources of information. I have shared your frustrations for the past four months. Now my truck has been sitting at a train yard 10 minutes from my house for almost a week and the trucking company just has not delivered it to my dealer. We have had some nasty weather here last few days so I hope the truck is ok but I am extremely pi---- off that this last short trip is not happening.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I totally agree!

matthewclarkg

Reaction score
Guys, it makes no sense. I'd gladly swap places and move those waiting ahead of me. I don't have to have my truck before Dec 1 to satisfy my employers requirements. I would have your dealer contact their regional rep to get things moving. My dealer may have done this because they locked in my trade value and are motivated because they are losing money the longer they wait. Just a guess. The squeeky wheel gets the oil.
I ordered men may 25th and still nothing. 2tone black longhorn with rambox / off road package. does yours have rambox ? I think this may be the delay, but has been in D1 statues since first week of June...

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered men may 25th and still nothing. 2tone black longhorn with rambox / off road package. does yours have rambox ? I think this may be the delay, but has been in D1 statues since first week of June...

Mine is a fully loaded Limited 4x4 with Off Road Group, 3.92 axle, and Ramboxes. No Tow Package but Brake Controller and Axle. Didn't want the non-folding camera-less mirrors. My paint is monochrome single color...Billet Silver. I wonder if some variation from this is the holdup? Dual color paint scheme?

Foxman

Reaction score
Mine is a fully loaded Limited 4x4 with Off Road Group, 3.92 axle, and Ramboxes. No Tow Package but Brake Controller and Axle. Didn't want the non-folding camera-less mirrors. My paint is monochrome single color...Billet Silver. I wonder if some variation from this is the holdup? Dual color paint scheme?
I might be completely off base, but I wonder of its regional? I'm in Louisiana. I notice a lot getting up north and a few in Texas.
Maybe something to add to the spreadsheet to see if there is a pattern.
There has to be a reason.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, thanks guys for your kind words. I truly feel your pain. If I had a contact with some swing at FCA, I'd be providing VINs to them. You guys need to collect the early order non-moving VINS and collectively submit them to RamChat and the Ram Care folks. Regional Reps need to be scolded for not pushing orders on your dealers behalf. I suspect the lazier reps are letting the aggressive ones get ahead in line.

Users who are viewing this thread