5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Duane

Reaction score
They've already said supplier issues.

Yes, I know.....
Wouldn't you like to know precisely what is the issue?
Can't be TOO big, as they built several trucks without it.
Can't be too small either, as they will not ship those trucks without that part.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Yes, I know.....
Wouldn't you like to know precisely what is the issue?
Can't be TOO big, as they built several trucks without it.
Can't be too small either, as they will not ship those trucks without that part.
Mine is built and shipping in a few days. The supplier issue is that the supplier isnt keeping up with demand I would assume. They are making 10 rambox trucks per day. And yes, customer service from FCA has been so bad it's almost disrespectful. But the unicorns are coming.

Duane

Reaction score
Mine is built and shipping in a few days. The supplier issue is that the supplier isnt keeping up with demand I would assume. They are making 10 rambox trucks per day. And yes, customer service from FCA has been so bad it's almost disrespectful. But the unicorns are coming.

Thanks for the reinforcement.
I've no doubt the machine will be well-worth the wait.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the 1st time ever MOTS shows me in D1 status. It changed overnight. :eek:

MOTS is still using my original D1 status date of 06/01/18, but I am excited to finally see some movement for not only my truck with a Rambox but to all of my other friends here that have been in the same boat.

Fingers crossed!

Neocane

Reaction score
For the 1st time ever MOTS shows me in D1 status. It changed overnight. :eek:

MOTS is still using my original D1 status date of 06/01/18, but I am excited to finally see some movement for not only my truck with a Rambox but to all of my other friends here that have been in the same boat.

Fingers crossed!

How can you tell? On MOTS if you go back to D (from D1), it still shows as D1. Here’s hoping!

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How can you tell? On MOTS if you go back to D (from D1), it still shows as D1. Here’s hoping!
MOTS has never showed me in D1 before even though Ram told me I was back on 06/01.

I am hoping that by MOTS moving me and the information Jarod and others have been posting here the last few days the logjam is about to break.

Ramman

Reaction score
I received an email this morning from FCA regarding my order status. It said:.

Vehicle was ordered with the RamBox Cargo Management System which is on a product delay as they supplier cannot keep up with the demand. Unfortunately; we have no way of knowing when the supplier will ship the next batch to factory. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in 1-2 weeks for updates.

Note: This is a system generated message. Please do not reply.

According to MOTS, the truck was built July 3rd and has been in sitting in JS since the 12th. I suspect there must be a quality issue or another problem as the truck wouldn't have been built if the RamBox parts were not available, Not sure what to think other than that FCA customer service is inept. Ram production obviously knows what the holdup is and how that impacts the schedule, Very frustrating,....

stubright

Reaction score
I just canceled my purchase ordered on 5/03, built on 6/30 w/rambox shows it on the build sheet as well. I'm with you on the idea there must be some other issues with the truck. I have decided to wait for the next model year till Ram can get some of these issues with production and shipping sorted out. I was coming from a Ford so I was in Rams cross hairs as far as a customer so they missed the boat on that sale. I hope they can right the ship the truck has the looks and the equipment to compete with Ford & Chevy just need to figure out how to build and ship them in a reasonable amount of timen!!!!

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I just canceled my purchase ordered on 5/03, built on 6/30 w/rambox shows it on the build sheet as well. I'm with you on the idea there must be some other issues with the truck. I have decided to wait for the next model year till Ram can get some of these issues with production and shipping sorted out. I was coming from a Ford so I was in Rams cross hairs as far as a customer so they missed the boat on that sale. I hope they can right the ship the truck has the looks and the equipment to compete with Ford & Chevy just need to figure out how to build and ship them in a reasonable amount of timen!!!!

When was the 'Late Availability' note on Ramboxes drop off the Build&Price tool? I seem to remember it being on there recently and there was no ETA. My lease expired in May, but I knew there was no reason to order unless I wanted to hurry up and wait. That said, I do feel for those guys where the status indicates built, and not shipped.

stubright

Reaction score
There are many including my order that are built w/the ramboxes and waiting for shipment for over 1 month that is the problem. Ram opened up ordering the Ramboxes on 05/02 meaning they were available for assembly and started building them at that point. So I along with everyone else that ordered the ramboxes based on Ram releasing them, we were not hoping that they would be built later in the production run. I went through this in 2015 on a Charger Hellcat I ended up getting a 4000.00 voucher from dodge to buy a 2016 for the inconvenience. Someone dropped the ball at ram on this one and should have made sure supplier was up to speed or what ever the problem is.

stubright

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe Ram would take orders knowing they could not fulfill them knowing the damage it would cause them with there customers. They most likely are greedy (if they are ready to ship why wouldn't they ship them so they can be invoiced ) makes no sense.! The cancellation is due to what I think most likely some other issues i'm not sure anyone knows since Ram is not sharing information.

stubright

Reaction score
I'm not sure I can only on verify mine . I monitor them on the jeep web site which gets updated 3 time daily usually. Do you have an opinion as to way they have not been shipped even if they they have cleared inspection and vendor installs of the liner & running boards.

jscoc

Reaction score
Well I just got a kick out of this from ram chat, 10 weeks in today and apparently i got a jeep:eek: Screenshot_20180803-112541_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180803-112600_Gallery.jpg

stubright

Reaction score
Didn't mean to waste your valuable time, Have a great day!!!

jackson

Reaction score
So after 3 months, I have no truck. I have ordered and contracted with RAM for a more than $70,000 truck, and they can not deliver it. I have spoke to RAM customer care and found them to be the most inept and unqualified paid by the hour and we don't care at all about your situation people I have ever encountered save for the federal government. It is totally disgusting that I had to actually pay a third party to give me updates on a site called jeep garage because the RAM group does not or can not share that information with actual customers. I have been escalated TWICE and currently have another case number ( 34863761 ) which apparently means absolutely nothing to anyone within FCA. I have been promised call back that never came, and further, I have spent waaaaay too much time on the telephone only to be disconnected and never called back. I would really like to have the truck I ordered, but it is not happening, so I quit. There is no point in continuing this folly. They can shove their beautiful desirable best in class CAN NOT DELIVER product. I'm done.

jackson

Reaction score
Of course I have. In Fact, I just got off the phone with the dealer and received the following update on my truck- Read it, share it and distribute it EVERYWHERE.
My dealer general manager called and spoke with their rep who informed him that my truck is indeed built, and it along with more than 2000 RAMBOX equipped trucks are in storage awaiting a NEW DESIGN REWORK for the Rambox that is CURRENTLY BUILT INTO THE TRUCK. FCA are " NOT HAPPY" with the way that the Rambox looks and functions, and they are taking all the RAMBOX equipped trucks to storage. When they have a NEW design, they will then take them back to the factory to be rebuilt NO ETA AS TO WHEN THE TRUCKS WILL ACTUALLY BE FINISHED". I was then offered a NEW order that would be " rushed through" without RAMBOX. Now that's engineering and organization the like that YUGO would be proud of!

stubright

Reaction score
There you go that makes since, there is more to the problem than a parts shortage!!!

Kramersp

Reaction score
t
Of course I have. In Fact, I just got off the phone with the dealer and received the following update on my truck- Read it, share it and distribute it EVERYWHERE.
My dealer general manager called and spoke with their rep who informed him that my truck is indeed built, and it along with more than 2000 RAMBOX equipped trucks are in storage awaiting a NEW DESIGN REWORK for the Rambox that is CURRENTLY BUILT INTO THE TRUCK. FCA are " NOT HAPPY" with the way that the Rambox looks and functions, and they are taking all the RAMBOX equipped trucks to storage. When they have a NEW design, they will then take them back to the factory to be rebuilt NO ETA AS TO WHEN THE TRUCKS WILL ACTUALLY BE FINISHED". I was then offered a NEW order that would be " rushed through" without RAMBOX. Now that's engineering and organization the like that YUGO would be proud of!
Not sure when you ordered but I'm having a hard time believing that. My Rambox equipped truck is done and at the train yard to be loaded any day now. I can see a few getting through the process with rework required but they are shipping trucks. What may have happened is early build ramboxes got stuck in storage and when the discrepancy was corrected, trucks on the line were given the good product first with Ram now playing catch up to fix the rest. I sat in JB status for just over 2 weeks and JS for a little over a week. My truck will be here in a bit over a week.

Users who are viewing this thread