5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Boatjockey

Reaction score
I feel ya. Word is mine will ship 14 August. If it doesnt, I'll be buying what you're buying! I'll give up leather, 12" screen and ride for massaging seats, more power, and aluminum.......and being tangible.
Don't forget the cooled seats versus ventilated seats. Both of my MBs have ventilated seats which don't cool much when it is 100 degrees outside. My 2012 F-150 had cooled seats that chilled my behind so well I could not keep them on max setting. Here in Texas that comes in real handy.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to hear. Here is the official word I received from Ram this morning:

"Couple things here:
1. Although open for orders, the RamBox was a late availability feature.
2. There is a national rail car shortage but we are getting trucks to customers as quickly as possible by using additional means of transport."

Nothing we didn't really already know but hopefully this means you guys will start getting your trucks soon.

With all due respect Jared, I find this answer from Ram dishonest and quite frankly a bit annoying. Not your fault. But I am on day 84 (12 weeks) in D status as of today. There is no truck built for me to get on the railroad system. I am not even SCHEDULED at this point. I am not sitting in a storage yard. I am not in inspection. I am not at the Mopar Custom Shop Operations. I am not at the Budd Yard offsite. I am not anywhere. I don't exist. Total BS.

P.S. Thank you very much for trying

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
With all due respect Jared, I find this answer from Ram dishonest and quite frankly a bit annoying. Not your fault. But I am on day 84 (12 weeks) in D status as of today. There is no truck built for me to get on the railroad system. I am not even SCHEDULED at this point. I am not sitting in a storage yard. I am not in inspection. I am not at the Mopar Custom Shop Operations. I am not at the Budd Yard offsite. I am not anywhere. I don't exist. Total BS.

I don't believe that its the truth either but thats the answer they gave me. I'm sticking with supplier issues.

DALTON

Reaction score
Ordered my LTD with RB and ET and OR on Father's Day weekend. Just got a text from my sales guy saying there is a delay with the Ram Boxes...no ETA. Been in D stat for 3 weeks

Kramersp

Reaction score
You haven't been reading the thread... I posted a couple days ago that the trucks that are built, those in JB and JS, are due to ship Aug 13-15. That is directly from the mouth of Ram Corporate. You salesperson is mistaken in his September belief. You have a few more weeks of waiting, but they ARE shipping.
This matches the 14Aug ship date given to me from my dealer and Ram.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You haven't been reading the thread... I posted a couple days ago that the trucks that are built, those in JB and JS, are due to ship Aug 13-15. That is directly from the mouth of Ram Corporate. You salesperson is mistaken in his September belief. You have a few more weeks of waiting, but they ARE shipping.
You have been very informative. I appreciate it. Any idea when the trucks that were ordered at the same time as those that have been built will get scheduled or roll down the production line? Thank you.

Duane

Reaction score
Ordered my LTD with RB and ET and OR on Father's Day weekend. Just got a text from my sales guy saying there is a delay with the Ram Boxes...no ETA. Been in D stat for 3 weeks
This matches the 14Aug ship date given to me from my dealer and Ram.

Still getting different answers every time I call....a textbook case of poor customer service. Called 3 times today on my 07/18 -built RB LTD.
This morning "KZ". This afternoon "still JS". This evening " JS".
You can't make this stuff up.
Who is the FCA executive in charge of this mess?

Kramersp

Reaction score
@Slim If I was you I'd cancel your order and order something different. That's rediculous.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Why is it ridiculous?

Personally, if I were waiting, I'd prefer mine not to have been built and sitting outside in the elements for 2 months....
You are right in one way about the sitting outside in the elements but Slim (and many of us waiting for our trucks with him) is right that this is ridiculous. FCA has completely failed in communicating truthfully with their dealers and customers. My dealer is in the dark and their computer still shows my truck as scheduled for delivery to the dealership on June 28th. Month later and FCA has not provided him an answer and he has numerous trucks on order for other customers. That my friend is RIDICULOUS. If you actually had one on order for yourself maybe you would agree with us. I hope your info is correct because there is way too much false info being provided by FCA and it is hard to trust them anymore. I will believe them if / when my truck gets to the dealership.

jackson

Reaction score
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/30/18 06:43:00 PM VASC - TAYLOR AUTO AUCTION YARD OFFSITE

Anyone know what this means?

jackson

Reaction score
Mine has Ram Box and etorque and just about everything else. If this is really a storage yard where it moves from there to toledo, then I would have one of the first with RB and ET to be delivered. I am optimistic, but woudl like to know if anyone understand this most recent MOTS status.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine has Ram Box and etorque and just about everything else. If this is really a storage yard where it moves from there to toledo, then I would have one of the first with RB and ET to be delivered. I am optimistic, but woudl like to know if anyone understand this most recent MOTS status.

Sounds like they're getting ready to ship.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Don't forget the cooled seats versus ventilated seats. Both of my MBs have ventilated seats which don't cool much when it is 100 degrees outside. My 2012 F-150 had cooled seats that chilled my behind so well I could not keep them on max setting. Here in Texas that comes in real handy.
The new F150s switched over to ventilated seats as well, not cooled anymore

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The new F150s switched over to ventilated seats as well, not cooled anymore

I have heard that as well, that they aren't using the same heat/cooling pads as before. Infact the press release for the 2019 F150 Limited states that they enlarged the perforations in the leather so more air could move through.

On another note, 2019 F150 production doesn't begin until October 22 for the Dearborn plant and November 5th for the Kansas City plant.

glennf14

Reaction score
I have heard that as well, that they aren't using the same heat/cooling pads as before. Infact the press release for the 2019 F150 Limited states that they enlarged the perforations in the leather so more air could move through.

On another note, 2019 F150 production doesn't begin until October 22 for the Dearborn plant and November 5th for the Kansas City plant.
Sales numbers aside (thats yet to be seen for the 2019 model year obviously), and Rambox production issues aside, isn’t it crazy to take a step back and look at the feature set of the big 3 and see just how far Ram has leap frogged everyone? I admire all 3 brands (GM, Ford, Ram), and I grew up driving F-150, but I don’t care how long I have to wait for a 6’4” bed Rambox because there’s no competition for 2019. Ram has completely changed the 1/2 ton landscape in my young/humble opinion. So many things to be excited about with this truck. Can’t wait!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sales numbers aside (thats yet to be seen for the 2019 model year obviously), and Rambox production issues aside, isn’t it crazy to take a step back and look at the feature set of the big 3 and see just how far Ram has leap frogged everyone? I admire all 3 brands (GM, Ford, Ram), and I grew up driving F-150, but I don’t care how long I have to wait for a 6’4” bed Rambox because there’s no competition for 2019. Ram has completely changed the 1/2 ton landscape in my young/humble opinion. So many things to be excited about with this truck. Can’t wait!

I agree with you 100% I've said many times before I understand the frustrations of those who are waiting but that said when those that are waiting receive their trucks I think they are going to be very happy.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ford's cooled seats don't hold a candle to Ram's. Spent the day with my boss in a 2017 Explorer and after hours my seat wasn't as cold as 10 minutes in the Ram. The cooled seats in the Ram are a bit louder than Ford...but they work. And nothing cracking the stereo up can't overcome.

I really hope you all see your trucks soon. I almost ordered a Rambox but figured I'd rather get the truck quickly.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

P.S. Thank you very much for trying
I honestly feel bad for you

Users who are viewing this thread