5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

cjgerson

Reaction score
Me again, flooding the rambox threads. I thought of starting my own thread for rambox owners but I would be lonely:)

So I went to my dealer today and saw what many have been waiting for 13+ weeks for. They look great happy I got them with the cargo management seem very handy.

I have yet to post a photo on here so ill see how easy it is and then post some.

Man looks great and so jealous. I’m working on week 15 and starting to get really impatient

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man looks great and so jealous. I’m working on week 15 and starting to get really impatient
I started getting impatient when they moved me from D1 back to D in mid June. Closing in on the Century mark. Day 96 today

metb4

Reaction score
RamBoxes look great - congrats! Can't wait to have mine

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the truck and the boxes but the only complaint we (me and salesperson) opened them but couldn't close them, all I can think is the issues Ram was having. he said google it maybe we're doing something wrong. I couldn't see anything so gave it some extra force and it worked.

so i guess i would have like soft close ramboxes,
I noticed the auto show model RamBox's were hard to close too. Took some pressure to get them to latch. I assumed it's because the weatherstripping was new and just needed some break in.
I'd rather them be a bight tight than a bit loose.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I almost hate to post this @sgk but I was eyeballing your photos closely to see if I could detect any fit/finish issues that might be holding us up. I did notice one potential item. If you look at your bottom photo of the open RamBox you can see that the left and center bolts above the RamBox logo are nicely centered in the plastic molded holes for them but the right one is to the far left. I take this to mean either the bolt hole in the sheet metal or the molded RamBox hole are off.

@sgk, I don't think this will ever be a problem for you, but if things like this were off just a few millimeters more that could be a show stopper. No one would want a brand new truck with mounting hardware so far off center that the washer was not flush.
Thoughts?

sgk

Reaction score
I almost hate to post this @sgk but I was eyeballing your photos closely to see if I could detect any fit/finish issues that might be holding us up. I did notice one potential item. If you look at your bottom photo of the open RamBox you can see that the left and center bolts above the RamBox logo are nicely centered in the plastic molded holes for them but the right one is to the far left. I take this to mean either the bolt hole in the sheet metal or the molded RamBox hole are off.

@sgk, I don't think this will ever be a problem for you, but if things like this were off just a few millimeters more that could be a show stopper. No one would want a brand new truck with mounting hardware so far off center that the washer was not flush.
Thoughts?

Very good eye, I opened it 3 times before i noticed what you're referring to. I doubt this will bother me but if it was a few mm more to the left it would squash the molding and that would look horrible. This time they were within there tolerances.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very good eye, I opened it 3 times before i noticed what you're referring to. I doubt this will bother me but if it was a few mm more to the left it would squash the molding and that would look horrible. This time they were within there tolerances.
Agreed. I was just thinking if the molding or sheet metal were off a bit more in other trucks that would bring RamBox's to a screeching halt like we've experienced.

I'm hoping "modern" manufacturing processes are precise enough to not have these kinds of variances but since we don't know exactly what the RamBox holdup is I'm speculating.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
What is so hard to understand about " 2000 Rambox Equipped trucks are BUILT, IN STORAGE, and WILL NOT SHIP until they are reworked, and that will only happen when they have " engineered a solution". THERE IS NO SOLUTION YET!!! Gosh, this is not hard to understand at all- there are NONE in "transit" and the guy here who thinks he is going to get his in 48 hours is WRONG. This came from the Area Rep. This is NOT a rumor, or is it FAKENEWS ( it was not reported on CNN ) I am cancelling my order and will wait til next year. I don't want a truck that they have this many manufacturing issues and for the amopunt of money I was paying, I don't want to endure their "learning curve " . . As much as I love the idea of the truck, the reality is that they don't know what they are doing, and I did not order my truck in may only to receive it in October, if then. Further, I agree with the guy here that said he did not want a truck that had sat outside that long. I will keep my 2013 Longhorn and enjoy it- everything works, and it does have working well engineered RAMBOX on it. Maybe next year RAM.
Man, I sure hope @jackson didn't cancel his order due to bad info! They exist in the wild, so hopefully they'll start trickling out to more people. I'm hopeful that my order arrives before Christmas!

TCWoody

Reaction score
Great to finally see pictures of the Rambox. My Rebel with E-torque and ramboxes was finally put on a rail car in Michigan yesterday. Estimated delivery to Spokane WA on 25 August.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They're coming, just have to go get my photos developed from my camera, then scan them and so on...
:ROFLMAO: @sgk you have given us a light at the end of the loooong tunnel. Beautiful truck! Thanks and congrats!

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey @sgk was the bed divider/extender sitting in the passenger cabin? Would love to see pics of how that thing looks stowed, installed, extended, etc. Also, the late availability deployable bed-step has not been seen yet on anyone’s trucks, but since you are the first Rambox receiver... did yours have it? Couldn’t quite confirm from the photo.

sgk

Reaction score
Hey @sgk was the bed divider/extender sitting in the passenger cabin? Would love to see pics of how that thing looks stowed, installed, extended, etc. Also, the late availability deployable bed-step has not been seen yet on anyone’s trucks, but since you are the first Rambox receiver... did yours have it? Couldn’t quite confirm from the photo.

Forgot to check that also, honestly, I was just so focused on the Ramboxes. When I pick this up this week I will be able to check all of that and take more detailed photos on fit and finish etc.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forgot to check that also, honestly, I was just so focused on the Ramboxes. When I pick this up this week I will be able to check all of that and take more detailed photos on fit and finish etc.
Have you taken the truck home yet?

sgk

Reaction score
Have you taken the truck home yet?

No, not yet, more than likely on Tuesday. As a side note Im planning a 2500 mile round trip within a week. is that advisable on a new truck that I have no idea what will go wrong? (if the radio stops working, I may lose my mind)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread