5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, not yet, more than likely on Tuesday. As a side note Im planning a 3500 mile round trip within a week. is that advisable on a new truck that I have no idea what will go wrong? (if the radio stops working, I may lose my mind)
Depends who you are riding with... ;)

Vary your speed and RPM a bit on the drive... break-in period of engines is a debatable voodoo-ridden topic but I at least try to avoid using the cruise control the first 1,000 or so. Give me a sec and I’ll see what the manual says...

sgk

Reaction score

sgk

Reaction score

Vary your speed and RPM a bit on the drive... break-in period of engines is a debatable voodoo-ridden topic but I at least try to avoid using the cruise control the first 1,000 or so. Give me a sec and I’ll see what the manual says...

Thank you, it would be my wife and 12 year old, so I wasn't kidding about losing it. I would be putting about 700 milles per day and no cruise for sure.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ok, funny they don’t put it right up front but regarding engine break-in page 299 says:

95EB2A7B-2FBD-405F-BD8D-A6E5CAE1ECA2.jpeg
189409BF-B55A-4549-AA95-FC2C6A9F348D.jpeg

sgk

Reaction score
Thanks again, that sounds easy enough to follow. I'll drive it a few hundred km locally then make a firm decision.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, it would be my wife and 12 year old, so I wasn't kidding about losing it. I would be putting about 700 milles per day and no cruise for sure.
Entertaining road trip experiment: tell your 12 year old they get to choose the music for an hour because you really want to listen to what they are interested in... I surprised myself (and my initially reluctant kid) by actually enjoying it. YMMV, you still control the volume and earplugs of course are another option...

sgk

Reaction score
His choice of music ain't bad its tolerable but if it's up to him and my wife we may hear Ed Sheeran all the way. I can probably hook him up with internet and that will keep him entertained all the way. But if the system shuts down or malfunctions that's where I'm scared. He loves to talk about random youtube videos he watches.
But completely agree you do want to know what they're listening to and watching, He's a good kid I know he doesn't like anything vulgar or violent.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealer. Ramboxes work good. Gotta slam them a little. I'm picking it up tomorrow as it was filthy and needs a bath.

(y)(y) great news . I'm interested to know what the "ride" is like with the off-road package. - maybe @alacombe. can voice his opinion. (compared to previous 4th gen rams)?

sgk

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealer. Ramboxes work good. Gotta slam them a little. I'm picking it up tomorrow as it was filthy and needs a bath.
See I didn't exactly win, were both picking up tomorrow. I wanted to wait for some company and considering we ordered the same day I wanted it to be delivered the same day also. (plus my schedule didn't allow today but that's not the point)

Kramersp

Reaction score
I'll be more excited when I recieve it after giving it a good quality control look around and shakedown. I already found some misalignment in the chrome trim around the windows on the drivers side rear door. Bumper looked good. The factory tonneau cover looks kinda sloppy but I didnt check if it was latched or not. Truck looked awesome overall.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be more excited when I recieve it after giving it a good quality control look around and shakedown. I already found some misalignment in the chrome trim around the windows on the drivers side rear door. Bumper looked good. The factory tonneau cover looks kinda sloppy but I didnt check if it was latched or not. Truck looked awesome overall.
That’s a darn good poker face after such a looong wait :cool: very sensible though, don’t drive it off the lot unless it’s 100% right.

Dradin

Reaction score
Glad to see this thread. It looks like some of you are at least seeing progress. I ordered my RAM on 7/21. I keep watching Youtube videos to stay psyched about getting it. Can't wait!!!:)

dalailama23

Reaction score
No Rambox , dealer didn't have any either but i asked about 6'4" box . May 8 ,Delivered Aug 13. See other post.

Users who are viewing this thread