5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Foxman

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20180819_142815.jpg
    20180819_142815.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26

Foxman

Reaction score
Finally got my truck home!!! Damn this is a nice truck and so worth the wait! By the way 168 days. Hope no one has to wait that long for their truck.

Attachments

• 20181016_165834[1].jpg
    20181016_165834[1].jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 43

Kaz

Reaction score
That's funny. I have the same truck in a 14. Once you have ramboxes, you can't go back.

Correct... Ramboxes are pretty polarizing. Those who haven't had them don't understand them... those who elected to try them out never go back... We waited on our replacement order until they were available to order... ordering opened up 5/1. We're heard of more recent orders being processed quicker; we're hoping they waited until all the production issues were resolved to ensure they didn't send us another Lemon. Our order took 163 days to be delivered... roughly 130 of that was waiting for it to START the build process. Meeting to sign the transfer documents today and we'll finally be done with this whole thing... That means 172 days from deposit on order to delivery to us... do we win the crown for longest order elapsed time? Was a 163 days from deposit on order to delivery to dealership.

Last edited:

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I called the incentive line and spoke to someone about this several weeks ago. The lady I spoke with swore up and down that if you call them at the time of pickup and explain what's going on that they would issue a new code on the spot. I guess I knew deep down that it was probably a lie. I'm still going to try to do it when my truck finally shows up.

@t_george77 - did you ever get the rebate reissued? When I picked up my Ram on 10/01, the dealer took my coupon (that they previously said the would honor) and said they would call up Ram and try to work something out for me. They were pretty confident they could do something for me even if Ram was not willing. That story seems to have changed now that I signed and a couple weeks has passed. Seems like neither Ram nor the dealer is going to honor my $500 coupon. Long story short, I had a better negotiated deal at the time I ordered, but was convinced they could do something with this that would have sweetened my deal slightly, but more so for them (Ram paying a rebate vs them).

Foxman

Reaction score
Correct... Ramboxes are pretty polarizing. Those who haven't had them don't understand them... those who elected to try them out never go back... We waited on our replacement order until they were available to order... ordering opened up 5/1. We're heard of more recent orders being processed quicker; we're hoping they waited until all the production issues were resolved to ensure they didn't send us another Lemon. Our order took 163 days to be delivered... roughly 130 of that was waiting for it to START the build process. Meeting to sign the transfer documents today and we'll finally be done with this whole thing... That means 172 days from deposit on order to delivery to us... do we win the crown for longest order elapsed time? Was a 163 days from deposit on order to delivery to dealership.

Based on your experience with your Lemon...I conceed the crown to you my friend! Enjoy your truck.

TimG

Reaction score
@t_george77 - did you ever get the rebate reissued? When I picked up my Ram on 10/01, the dealer took my coupon (that they previously said the would honor) and said they would call up Ram and try to work something out for me. They were pretty confident they could do something for me even if Ram was not willing. That story seems to have changed now that I signed and a couple weeks has passed. Seems like neither Ram nor the dealer is going to honor my $500 coupon. Long story short, I had a better negotiated deal at the time I ordered, but was convinced they could do something with this that would have sweetened my deal slightly, but more so for them (Ram paying a rebate vs them).
Yes. When I got to the dealer to pick up my truck, I called the incentive line, explained my story and that one of their representatives said to call at time of pickup to reissue the offer, and the lady on the phone gave my dealer a code that worked. Not an issue at all. I was very surprised!

Ranchram

Reaction score
Mots just informed me that my truck was just delivered to the dealer! 181 days after I put down a deposit and 166 since it was ordered by dealer. I will pick it up tomorrow morning. Maybe hard to sleep tonight.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had two 500.00 coupons expire on me while I was waiting for my truck to be built. @RamCares helped me and I received a 500.00 check from FCA yesterday! :)

Paco TX

Reaction score
I had two 500.00 coupons expire on me while I was waiting for my truck to be built. @RamCares helped me and I received a 500.00 check from FCA yesterday! :)
I'm in the same boat. Waiting on a response from @RamCares now. My dealer acts like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.
He also says they're not going to honor their promise to install the Bed Step which the salesman said would be dealer installed at delivery. He also acts like he doesn't know anything about the bed extender connectors either. Anyone else have these issues?

Paco TX

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Waiting on a response from @RamCares now. My dealer acts like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.
He also says they're not going to honor their promise to install the Bed Step which the salesman said would be dealer installed at delivery. He also acts like he doesn't know anything about the bed extender connectors either. Anyone else have these issues?
The good news is that the truck is at the dealer and I get it tomorrow!
BTW: I understand that the BakFlip covers won't be available until sometime in late December. (After being assured that they would be available in September, and then November) Anyone have info about that issue, or maybe a better alternatives?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't had any luck from the dealer on a promise to give me the bed step when available. I haven't seen anyone else have any luck either. I am sure I could probably get it for cost at the worst when it comes out.

You should have no problem getting the bed extender knobs! I think everyone here has had the dealer install them at no cost.

John

Reaction score
BTW: I understand that the BakFlip covers won't be available until sometime in late December. (After being assured that they would be available in September, and then November) Anyone have info about that issue, or maybe a better alternatives?
Sounds like Bak Flip runs on the same schedule as FCA!!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That would have been awesome. I had the exact same thing happen to me and did not receive said $500.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That would have been awesome. I had the exact same thing happen to me and did not receive said $500.
Send them a PM and explain what happened. Thats what I did and they took care of the rest. Took about 6 weeks for me to get the check

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score

They just got their rambox truck to test fit a week ago. I was told a possible manufacturing start date of October 25. That assumes no fit issues

TimG

Reaction score
They just got their rambox truck to test fit a week ago. I was told a possible manufacturing start date of October 25. That assumes no fit issues
I had a LONG (25 mins or so) conversation with Morrie about this yesterday, and he swears that the rambox covers should start shipping next week at the latest. I guess there's really nothing we can do but wait and see...

Harrijh

Reaction score
There is a new leader in clubhouse. My truck was delivered to the dealer this morning. That puts me at 170 days from order to dealer delivery. I'm planning to head out to pick it up this afternoon. I'm definitely glad I won't have to fight at the dealer on it like several on here have.

It will have to go back in to get a Retrax bed cover put on it once the dealer gets it, but I don't want to wait to get my hands on it! Once I get that and some tint on the windows, I'll try to get some pictures up.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Truck rcvd and at home. Here is payload and window sticker. Pretty quick turn around. No divider, and I did not order the BUG.

Attachments

• 20181028_190250.jpg
    20181028_190250.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 43
  • 20181027_160633.jpg
    20181027_160633.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • 20181028_154515.jpg
    20181028_154515.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread