5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
All the different lines and curves on the truck will make the metallic paint reflect differently as well causing it to potentially look like there is a color mismatch.

It was explained to me by someone that owns a body shop that paint will always be mismatched a bit between steel and plastic parts just due to the different materials themselves.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Would you happen to have a photo of yours you could post...privately if you prefer. I'd love to see it.

This makes me feel really good!! I've been running thru the build tool trying to decide on different colors and it always comes back to the combo I chose. I chose it because I liked it best and I hate the idea of having to choose something different that isn't my personal favorite combination.

I may just give it a shot and go back with my exact combination and if it comes in wrong...just keep doing it until they get it right :)

I'm in a fortunate position to have extra vehicles and work from home, so I can wait them out if necessary.
Just took more photos for you today when I was out. Any color differences that there appear to be are really only due to curves in the sheet metal or reflections. The plastic parts are slightly different, but that's normal. There is nothing that bothers me about the finish. I had to compress the 20190127_092438.jpg 20190127_100946.jpg 20190127_094208.jpg photo files. This forum would no longer allow original size. I guess they take up too much server space.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Looks good to me. I'd certainly be happy with it. Great looking truck.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
This is the website for MOTS: https://jeepgarage.org/f102/custome...ge-chrysler-fiat-and-ram-vehicles-203991.html

Make an account and pay $25 to have them track your order after you provide them your VIN #.
Also, the random letters your speaking of are codes of how along your truck is in the build process.

Here is a link that gives a definition to each build code letter: https://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/

I created an account there over a week ago and I still am not able to access that link.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
As far as I know they shut down tracking too. Nobody is tracking orders anymore unless they want to be open to a lawsuit from FCA.

View attachment 14185

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I created an account with Jeep Garage but I do not seem to have access to that link.

Has this been confirmed? Am I no longer able to find out my order status?

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it's true. FCA has issued a cease and desist on all tracking activities. What a shame. I hope they create a method for customers to track vehicles going forward.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
So I got my VIN # today and found out the status is D1. I looked that up and it says there should be an estimated ship date assigned?

Is there any other way to find that out? I thought I read where people were able to Chat with RAM but I do not know how to do that.

What is the average length of time people got from D1 to ready to take delivery?

I ordered Hemi eTorque with Rambox... sounds like that makes it take longer? I ordered it on 12/28/18 but I know the plant was shut down for a couple weeks at the start of January.

Mike67

Reaction score
So I got my VIN # today and found out the status is D1. I looked that up and it says there should be an estimated ship date assigned?

Is there any other way to find that out? I thought I read where people were able to Chat with RAM but I do not know how to do that.

What is the average length of time people got from D1 to ready to take delivery?

I ordered Hemi eTorque with Rambox... sounds like that makes it take longer? I ordered it on 12/28/18 but I know the plant was shut down for a couple weeks at the start of January.
See my signature, but essentially they started my build on 1/14 and it was at the dealer by 1/25.
I have Rambox and eTorque.
I am in northern illinois for the transport location.

metb4

Reaction score
The RamBox-equipped Laramie that I originally ordered on May 9, 2018, has finally arrived at my dealer. Took 9 months to the day. Good grief!

https://www.shaverauto.com/inventor...w-1500-laramie-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfjt3kn595949

I absolutely love my non-RamBox truck and have no regrets about moving on from the order, though RamBoxes would have been great. Oh well - maybe next time.

Hope all you guys are enjoying your RamBoxes!

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 12/28/18. I checked with RAM on 2/5/19 and it was still D1 with no ETA. But I happened to check for my Build Sheet and it showed up today! So I contacted RAM and sure enough, it was already built and is off to the Body Vendor (JB). I honestly was not expecting to hear anything for a couple more weeks but now it looks like I might even have it before the end of the month..

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
I ordered on 2/9/19 and am at JB today. Does anyone what is installed at JB? Is that where the Rambox is installed?
I believe that is correct. And other body accessories. Bedliner, Power running boards, bed step, etc. Mine was in JB for a week and then JS for 3 weeks. Went KZ almost two weeks ago but is not expected to be at the railyard for another 10 days.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
JB is being sent to another building for add-on installations such as spraying bed liner. Mine has ram boxes also, but it was in JB for only one day. I'm sure Rand boxes would have been installed earlier during the truck bed installation and quarter panels during the build process.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
JB is being sent to another building for add-on installations such as spraying bed liner. Mine has ram boxes also, but it was in JB for only one day. I'm sure Rand boxes would have been installed earlier during the truck bed installation and quarter panels during the build process.

The boxes are just set in the box. They are easily removed. Just a few bolts and an electrical connector and they slide right out. So, if they outsource other body add ons I can see that would be one of them.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The boxes are just set in the box. They are easily removed. Just a few bolts and an electrical connector and they slide right out. So, if they outsource other body add ons I can see that would be one of them.
I did not know that! I thought it would be an entirely different bed or at least rear bed panels which I'm sure they are but I thought it was much more involved. See that you learn something new everyday

Gtbrown

Reaction score
My Limited with Rambox and eTorque and Pana Roof was ordered 1/11, went D1 1/25 and shipped 2/19.

I took delivery 3/7. I was told by my dealer it would take 8 to 12 weeks, it was faster than that by a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread