5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Rebel imported from Canada Uconnect issues....... Loosing my mind!

tvbird72

Reaction score
Need Help!! I just purchased my first Ram here in Ohio and it is a used 2019 Rebel from Canada. I am having a terrible time with Mopar and Sirius pointing fingers at each other when trying to activate the UConnect. I am also trying to figure out how to get the Day Time Running Lights off which I am being told is a setting that I should be able to access in UConnect. At this point both Mopar and Sirius are telling me that there is nothing that they can do aside from me getting a credit card with a Canadian Address to be able to activate the system that way (Literally one of the dumbest things I have heard) or to just live without the UConnect. I really appreciate any help I can get!!

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only items that require subscription are the XM radio and XM Guardian service. I would assume turning on the radio should be easy enough. The Guardian service (starting/finding truck from the phone app) is overpriced and doesn't work well anyway so no real loss there. The actual Uconnect system works fine without those services.

I believe Canadian vehicles are required by law to have DRLs that can't be turned off, so the option is probably missing in a Canadian spec truck. You could probably fix that with AlfaOBD. Search the forum and you'll find plenty of info on it here.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If AlphaOBD can program the DRL's out, the dealer should be able to do the same

The dealer will probably have a hard time changing the drl settings as it’ll be programmed into the truck via the vin number. I couldn’t even get my dealer to enable the tailgate ajar warning even tho the truck is supposed to have it.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer will probably have a hard time changing the drl settings as it’ll be programmed into the truck via the vin number. I couldn’t even get my dealer to enable the tailgate ajar warning even tho the truck is supposed to have it.
I have almost all the same options as your truck and I did notice that there is no tailgate ajar warning, I thought maybe it was only on the Laramie or limited.

midwestpilot

Reaction score
Need Help!! I just purchased my first Ram here in Ohio and it is a used 2019 Rebel from Canada. I am having a terrible time with Mopar and Sirius pointing fingers at each other when trying to activate the UConnect. I am also trying to figure out how to get the Day Time Running Lights off which I am being told is a setting that I should be able to access in UConnect. At this point both Mopar and Sirius are telling me that there is nothing that they can do aside from me getting a credit card with a Canadian Address to be able to activate the system that way (Literally one of the dumbest things I have heard) or to just live without the UConnect. I really appreciate any help I can get!!
PM me ASAP

midwestpilot

Reaction score
For everyone replying in here, I’ve done some digging myself and without giving too much away-there may be fraud involved here. Also, do not buy imported vehicles if you care about warranty/recalls/software working correctly.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For everyone replying in here, I’ve done some digging myself and without giving too much away-there may be fraud involved here. Also, do not buy imported vehicles if you care about warranty/recalls/software working correctly.

I live in southern Ontario and the used truck market is very scarce, most trucks get sent over to Michigan and Ohio as the US dollar is worth so much more.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have almost all the same options as your truck and I did notice that there is no tailgate ajar warning, I thought maybe it was only on the Laramie or limited.

Oh you have the tailgate ajar warning lamp in your truck and everything else required for it to work, but FCA won’t enable it unless you have the parallel park assist or multi function tailgate. Or if you have alfaobd you can enable it yourself in about 5 minutes.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh you have the tailgate ajar warning lamp in your truck and everything else required for it to work, but FCA won’t enable it unless you have the parallel park assist or multi function tailgate. Or if you have alfaobd you can enable it yourself in about 5 minutes.
I don’t have one of those readers so it’s not a big deal, I’ll do without the warning, did you end up getting yours activated?
I sometimes have to drive with the tailgate open to carry lumber, would there be a alarm sounding continuously if the tailgate ajar was active?

Boston

Reaction score
There is a busy market importing Canadian trucks to the use in the US.
No point getting a Ram from there as the warranty isn’t Valid in the US.

CORCON

Reaction score
Any luck or updates? I bought a 19 Laramie last month that was a grey market vehicle too. I was weary to start and confirmed with Ram that the vehicle was transferred to the US marketplace and the factory warranty carried over. Once Uconnect processed the new registration, they told me they cannot activate the services for a Canadian truck in the US. My tailgate ajar light isn’t active either as I drove across town not realizing it was down. Thankfully I didn’t lose any tools!

NevNoe514

Reaction score
Could you please explain? I have a 2014 dodge ram 1500 that is *cringe* canadian and it has been nothing but a nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/