5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM build status

J

jimh4662@

Man its getting frustrating waiting on the build site to change. I just checked again on the status. Been 26 days on D1 status. They started production on the Rebels? So why the delay on running existing orders. Everytime I check I get "Looks like they have updated, I see all of the materials needed to start the manufacturing the build process have been received. Your vehicle should be entering the build process very soon." I ask the person if I was talking to a computer since it is a canned response. They said Yes I am real person? Hmmmm? A.I. Well anyway I read they are running 3 shifts, 250 trucks a shift. 6 days a week. Since my order has been accepted that's roughly 4 production weeks. That's approximately 18,000 trucks. That gate its setting at must be awesome.
icon_eek.gif

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully you get your truck soon, I'm sure the wait is pretty painful.

chade014

Reaction score
I am going on 2 months and its still in the same "upfitter" they have a back log thats causing big delays.

Flot

Reaction score
3.5 weeks for me and I share your frustration. I just keep telling myself that I’d rather the factory have 20,000 practice builds before they get to mine than 10,000.

Interestingly, I had assumed with all my previous cars that vin numbers were sequential and assigned as they rolled off the line. Now I realize that (for dodge at least) the vin isn’t directly related to when it was assembled

The Rebel thing bummed me out too, but I understand why they’d want to get some of each model onto dealer lots. Wonder if
there were any rebel preorders that will get filled earlier than ours?

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to order a Laramie sport? Looking to go to the dealer to hopefully get an order put in for one this weekend.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
DSOOBY said:
Has anyone been able to order a Laramie sport? Looking to go to the dealer to hopefully get an order put in for one this weekend.
They are not in production yet.

But you can place an order.....from a Chrysler dealership worker.

Also, they do not shut down production ever at any fca factory, at least in MI and OH...... They normally run two shifts 530am start and 530pm start. With the goal being for each shift to get around 325-380. Some days are 10 hours, sometimes you're seeing the other shift. And you most often work 13 out of every 14 days with Sunday's being the day you get off. but you get more time off, but its complex...

Living 50 miles from factory, I've seen every level but rebel. I've seen both bed lengths, 4 colors, 12" screen, and there is a longhorn 1 week out from delivery. but we are getting trucks pushed through in 3 weeks, but we know people who run the build schedule for all of the local plants. So you could semi be getting screwed by that.

While at it. At night this thing is crazy. The acc is great but on highway is jerky...but much better than on any other fca vehicle with acc, minus Cherokee. flat retain driving, mixed, your looking at 15 mpg, but the truck only has 115 miles on it. the steering assist on high and auto park are scary, like iRobot with will smith.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mrmachaveli said:

Also, they do not shut down production ever at any fca factory, at least in MI and OH...... They normally run two shifts 530am start and 530pm start. With the goal being for each shift to get around 325-380. Some days are 10 hours, sometimes you're seeing the other shift. And you most often work 13 out of every 14 days with Sunday's being the day you get off. but you get more time off, but its complex...

Living 50 miles from factory, I've seen every level but rebel. I've seen both bed lengths, 4 colors, 12" screen, and there is a longhorn 1 week out from delivery. but we are getting trucks pushed through in 3 weeks, but we know people who run the build schedule for all of the local plants. So you could semi be getting screwed by that.

While at it. At night this thing is crazy. The acc is great but on highway is jerky...but much better than on any other fca vehicle with acc, minus Cherokee. flat retain driving, mixed, your looking at 15 mpg, but the truck only has 115 miles on it. the steering assist on high and auto park are scary, like iRobot with will smith.
Thanks for the info! Hoping mileage is better than that....

DSOOBY

Reaction score
mrmachaveli said:

Thanks for the info. I guess here’s to hoping that production goes underway sooner rather than later!
1f604.png

Flot

Reaction score
DSOOBY said:
yes. My order is a Laramie sport. For just the first week or so the sport package was listed as late availability, but was open after that. Still in d1 with no date info.

Reaction score
how are you guys checking status, other than hounding your salesman?

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Flot said:
yes. My order is a Laramie sport. For just the first week or so the sport package was listed as late availability, but was open after that. Still in d1 with no date info.
I know every dealer is different, but about what were you able to negotiate off your order? 5% 10%? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I show up.

CMENT

Reaction score
DSOOBY said:
I know every dealer is different, but about what were you able to negotiate off your order? 5% 10%? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I show up.
Ordered a loaded Limited and was able to get 1% over invoice, not including destination and taxes.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sitting at 11.6% off MSRP.... but the blue oval is about 18.5% off MSRP so I haven't bought just yet...

CMENT

Reaction score
Kilgy5 said:
Well dont leave us hanging what was invoice?? ???
I am paying a tad over $57k for every option with the exception of etorque, 22wheels, heaterblock, tonue cover, ,

Flot

Reaction score
I’m checking current status by using the “contact us” chat link on the ram trucks site. I’ve also got a url saved for the window sticker generator, my understanding is that it will start working for my vin once the vehicle reaches a certain stage.

GM convert

Reaction score
Based on prices I’m seeing here am I’m I getting the shaft at 2k off 66,100 Msrp?

Users who are viewing this thread