5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

FLG8R

Reaction score
It is normal for a VON sometimes to take a few days to be "produced." Congrats on your 5th build. I knew a few things too :)
It is (I repeat) NOT normal! On ALL of my builds I required the dealer to place the order in my presence and provide me with the VON so I could enter it on the check I gave as a deposit. Never an issue. Thank you for the tongue in cheek congrats also. I told myself early on to avoid getting in a peeing contest but I failed.

sgk

Reaction score
Just pay the $25 and go to Jeep Garage they can track it with he VON #
will it work for Canadian customers also? and where do i go on the site, can't seem to find the tab for it

ryelinek

Reaction score
It is (I repeat) NOT normal! On ALL of my builds I required the dealer to place the order in my presence and provide me with the VON so I could enter it on the check I gave as a deposit. Never an issue. Thank you for the tongue in cheek congrats also. I told myself early on to avoid getting in a peeing contest but I failed.

Yea the VON is created when the dealer enters your order. If there is no VON then the dealer has not entered your order. VON will be instant once they do their job.

The VIN will be given by FCA in a day or two. Mine was same day.

rp781

Reaction score
Just got info back from my dealer. They provided me the POC which also included the VIN number assigned. Currently in D status. At least it's confirmed in the system and moving forward :) The sold to on the POC is my dealer so it looks like they may have entered it as their own. Have a build priority of 01.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Just got info back from my dealer. They provided me the POC which also included the VIN number assigned. Currently in D status. At least it's confirmed in the system and moving forward :) The sold to on the POC is my dealer so it looks like they may have entered it as their own. Have a build priority of 01.
Now, keep in mind as its a sold order to the dealer, you will only be able to track it through them. If you really want this vehicle my suggestion would be to make a deal and get a Buyers Order with an OTD price. You'll want to place a deposit on it. This way when it comes in they can't sell it out from under you nor can they hold you hostage while they see "whats in your wallet"! One more thing, take that $25 you just saved and have a burger and a coke!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a fan of JeepGarage.... heck I'm the one that found it for us RAM guys.

I'm still floored that FCA doesn't have an online tracking tool like www.cotus.ford.com.

I was just under 7 weeks from order to delivery on my RAM, my F150 was 6 weeks, two years ago. Not bad for a new model startup if you ask me.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I'm still floored that FCA doesn't have an online tracking tool like www.cotus.ford.com.

I was just under 7 weeks from order to delivery on my RAM, my F150 was 6 weeks, two years ago. Not bad for a new model startup if you ask me.

I'm at 6 weeks in D status...does that count lol.

I actually had some from Ram call me today (i mised the call) about the order... I'm assuming it was a supervisor since I requested one like a week ago..left me a message saying he would try me back on Friday and that he could see I was still in D status and had finally sent an email to order tracking to inquire why....we'll see what I find out.

rp781

Reaction score
Now, keep in mind as its a sold order to the dealer, you will only be able to track it through them. If you really want this vehicle my suggestion would be to make a deal and get a Buyers Order with an OTD price. You'll want to place a deposit on it. This way when it comes in they can't sell it out from under you nor can they hold you hostage while they see "whats in your wallet"! One more thing, take that $25 you just saved and have a burger and a coke!
I did pay a deposit and I'm listed as the customer name on the POC, just not sold to. We have a signed contract with all the pricing so I should be good. I hope:)

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Jeep Garage is awesome and $25 is nothing when your buying a 50-60k truck. If $25 is concerning might not want to buy the truck

FLG8R

Reaction score
I did pay a deposit and I'm listed as the customer name on the POC, just not sold to. We have a signed contract with all the pricing so I should be good. I hope:)
Congratulations and all the best with your new truck!

swamprabbit

Reaction score
Just put in an order for a fairly fully loaded Limited. May not have got the best price but we were happy with it! We have a USAA coupon also to add on thats not shown.
I noticed under your factory direct order price, it said "with Chrysler financing" , just what is the cost of the Chrysler financing & how much of the $56,542 are you required to finance with them?

alow

Reaction score
Does anyone have a direct link to the Jeep garage tracking page? I'd consider it but my googlefu is weak.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have a direct link to the Jeep garage tracking page? I'd consider it but my googlefu is weak.

We can't link you to it, as you have to be a paying member of the site to see that particular page

http://jeepgarage.org/payments.php

That link shows you how to upgrade...Level 3 or higher to vehicle track

Last edited:

alow

Reaction score
Well I'm all signed up and I do have to say there are some familiar names over there. Hopefully this info lines up with what I've heard but its definitely better than jonesing to call and see whats happening every day.

alow

Reaction score
I noticed under your factory direct order price, it said "with Chrysler financing" , just what is the cost of the Chrysler financing & how much of the $56,542 are you required to finance with them?

My understanding is you have to have FCA financing for 6mo or pay 1k over the quoted price. Might be worth it to do their finance and refi to save the cash. I got my dealer to match a quote without the FCA financing so it may not hurt to ask around or see if you can work some flexibility into your deal.

cjbrown24

Reaction score
My understanding is you have to have FCA financing for 6mo or pay 1k over the quoted price. Might be worth it to do their finance and refi to save the cash. I got my dealer to match a quote without the FCA financing so it may not hurt to ask around or see if you can work some flexibility into your deal.

Correct. I tried shopping around locally but nobody could come close to the price for a special order. Will just finance through Chrysler then refinance soon after.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I'm all signed up and I do have to say there are some familiar names over there. Hopefully this info lines up with what I've heard but its definitely better than jonesing to call and see whats happening every day.

Best $25 you will ever spend lol and more healthier then a cheese burger

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea that is awesome looking. I’d invest in a clear bra for that bumper to keep the white pristine from damage. Doing the same to mine.
I was originally looking at a white Longhorn after seeing it at the Houston autoshow. Hearing the seats had a different tone compared to the autoshow truck made me nervous. Sat and drove a Limited and saw these pictures and it made up my mind. View attachment 719 View attachment 720 View attachment 721
I too was nervous regarding the tone of the Longhorn interior, however, my dealer has two longhorns in stock with the black/new saddle interior. Looks great. The tone in person is better than the dealers photo even showed IMO so that’s what I went with.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Best $25 you will ever spend lol and more healthier then a cheese burger
And who knows... It may even keep you from getting cheese all over your face from talking when you should be listening and learning.

Users who are viewing this thread