5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

RAM 4times

Reaction score
my last 2 trucks i have went with the access lorado low profile roll-up cover. i like the way it blends it with the truck rather than the ones that sits higher. i wouldn't want the tri-fold that ram puts on in the factory. you lose too much of the bed space.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
RAM 4times said:
my last 2 trucks i have went with the access lorado low profile roll-up cover. i like the way it blends it with the truck rather than the ones that sits higher. i wouldn't want the tri-fold that ram puts on in the factory. you lose too much of the bed space.
that’s what drew me to the lomax, it’s practically zero effort to pull the whole thing off if you need full bed space. I guess the draw back is that if you have it off and need it, it’s not there. It is raised maybe less than a quarter inch above the bed rails too so it looks really slick.

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feed back so the ram option doesnt operate anything like the g2 back flip in terms of having full access to the bed ( minus 4” at the cab)??

RAM 4times

Reaction score
DSOOBY said:
that’s what drew me to the lomax, it’s practically zero effort to pull the whole thing off if you need full bed space. I guess the draw back is that if you have it off and need it, it’s not there. It is raised maybe less than a quarter inch above the bed rails too so it looks really slick.
with mine it's always there. and it is easy to roll back in place. it velcros back in place.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
wow! i just got a e-mail from my dealer. i ordered a limited on april 11. got my vin on the 12th. he got info tonight that my truck estimated ship is may 11th! that's 1 month. even if it takes 2 or 3 weeks to get here that's still only 6 or 7 weeks. now i'm pumped! i was staying calm cause i didn't expect it until july.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
RAM 4times said:
wow! i just got a e-mail from my dealer. i ordered a limited on april 11. got my vin on the 12th. he got info tonight that my truck estimated ship is may 11th! that's 1 month. even if it takes 2 or 3 weeks to get here that's still only 6 or 7 weeks. now i'm pumped! i was staying calm cause i didn't expect it until july.
sounds like you hit the jack pot!

DocBones

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/3-2019-ram1500-orders-tell-us-about-yours/&postID=2964#post2964" data-author="jimh4662@">Last entry on transport should be Truck to delivery location. (dealer) The rail should be where it was dropped from Sterling heights. My dealer said Last entry would be dealer drop by truck. If you got a copy look at bottom and note NO Entries after rail drop. All entries north are Trucks in an out scans. Now one thing consistent is there isn't any consistency . I think if you called every 12 hours you'd have a better log. Computer updates, dealers website updates, and customers service all seem to have a lag time and partisapation levels. One customer service representative I talked to sounded like she could give a rats *** on helping customers.</woltlab-quote>For the most part, customer service is your typical lack of effort, get a paycheck, don't really care people. A few seem to try to get a real answer but generally they don't have a good system or access. Even my dealer seems to be slow as their system hasn't updated in 5-7 days. The dealer says it's at the upfitter, customer service says pending shipping. I have a hard time believing that the plant doesn't move a truck to the next step or place in a holding/storage status if it's not moving for over a week. I really miss the VOTS system and actual FCA employees who would try to get a real answer.

for over $1600 in "destination charges" we should be getting a valet level service that delivers my truck to my house. I still think the factory, for that price should offer a valet service that would let you pick it up from the factory after processing the sale at the dealer. I wouldn't mind a flight to Michigan to pick up my truck and drive it back. I thought I had heard them doing something like that for SRT vehicles.

DocBones

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/3-2019-ram1500-orders-tell-us-about-yours/&postID=3014#post3014" data-author="RAM 4times">wow! i just got a e-mail from my dealer. i ordered a limited on april 11. got my vin on the 12th. he got info tonight that my truck estimated ship is may 11th! that's 1 month. even if it takes 2 or 3 weeks to get here that's still only 6 or 7 weeks. now i'm pumped! i was staying calm cause i didn't expect it until july.</woltlab-quote>Mine did the same thing. It was QUCKLY picked up into D1, had a VIN in 2 days. Estimated ship was actually April 11th. Yea....that didn't happen. 2 weeks past the estimated SHIP date and now everyone says its TBD but I saw on the dealer system it still has 11 April estimated ship still even 2 weeks later. I think that's their goal, not what's going to actually happen. Shipping might smooth out as they move forward and the storage lot dwindles from initial production. I'm sure they're jammed due to the initial build out for beginning dealer stocks. In SOCAL which is about the farthest they have to go, they are just starting to show up in heavier numbers but it's still been 4-5 weeks of trucks listed "in transit" for the dealer stocks.

Kilgy5

Reaction score
3 dealers on long island ive called all have ZERO on the lot

D

Deleted member103

Kilgy5 said:
3 dealers on long island ive called all have ZERO on the lot
Long Island ? "The" L.I. ? Can you share where about ? I'm a Queens Original , circa 1951 ! Raised on the"rural-side" of the City Line !   Couldn't of imagined growing up anywhere else . . . well maybe on the West Coast !? Never got tired of the smell of salty breezes and shark attacks at Jones Beach ( just kidding about the sharks, though not a joking thing !) . Boy, between the Muscle Cars and the Board walks, TODAY is a good day for reminiscing on 5th Gen. !
263a.png
1f604.png

DSOOBY

Reaction score
chade014 said:
Now I just need my truck here already!
I know that feel man.. I’m less than 24 hours away from getting mine and I’m still losing it!

BBLV

Reaction score
Ordered March 6 and been refreshing the window sticker search site multiple times per day - window sticker just showed up tonight! Hopefully shipping soon! I'll report back tomorrow with what my dealer's system's status is showing now...

ETA is May 12th. The wait continues....

Kilgy5

Reaction score
General question ....are they producing 6’4” beds yet? Also will both ram boxes be avail at same time or even more of a delay for the long bed?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As of right now I know of 1 Quad Cab that has been built, other than that I do believe I've seen a few crew cabs listed for sale with the 6'4 box.

BBLV

Reaction score
Kilgy5 said:
General question ....are they producing 6’4” beds yet? Also will both ram boxes be avail at same time or even more of a delay for the long bed?
Yes. My Limited crew cab has the 6'4" bed and was just built earlier this week. Estimated delivery is May 12.

DocBones

Reaction score
Latest word I’ve gotten from a chrysler (FCA) regional rep was that they are getting desperate on the shipping and if you’re within a few hundred miles of the plant, it’s coming down on a car hauler truck, no rail. They can’t get nearly enough rail cars in an expedient fashion. Unfortunately, I’m on the west coast and mine isn’t going to make it in time so I have to cancel my order.
2639.png
luckily a dealer that’s near where I’m going has one inbound, exact same but different color (my number two choice) and the sunroof (which I didn’t really care about) and Ian going to give it to me $6500 below MSRP. So I’ll get my limited in 3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread