5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

Kilgy5

Reaction score
What world are we in that robots build our trucks 300 a day but we rely on trains to deliever them at a snails pace ( and thats being generous)

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DocBones said:
3-4 weeks seems to be the timeline for built and waiting for shipping from personal experience and statements from many others. And you're so lucky you don't have to deal with rail. IT IS SO SLOW!!! My local dealership just got their first few trucks a few days ago...IT'S BEEN A MONTH!
When I ordered my F150 it was a three week wait for Ford to pull the order (dealer get allocation) and then two weeks for the build date. Once built it at around at the trucking company for a week until it made the 6 hour trek to my dealer....so 6 weeks start to finish.

D

Deleted member103

2019REBEL said:
The 2 major railway have been talking strike(CP and CN). That's why they are slow.
I checked the thumbs up LIKE . . . but I DON'T LIKE the idea of the strike . . . kinda selfish, hope "they" get whatever is Deserving for though !

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe if they built a drone big enough to deliver one we can get it delivered by Amazon.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Anybody seen an actual “tri fold hard cover” bc the pic hey show its not a hard cover by any means ? Is it like the bakflip cover or is it like a viynl cover that folds but doesnt fold up against the rear glass giving you full access of the bed???

D

Deleted member103

Kilgy5 said:
Anybody seen an actual “tri fold hard cover” bc the pic hey show its not a hard cover by any means ? Is it like the bakflip cover or is it like a viynl cover that folds but doesnt fold up against the rear glass giving you full access of the bed???
I've been doing "tons of" research for my anticipated September-ish DT -- of all sorts of Covers for the bed . . . Tonneau's & Caps; hard soft and everything in-between ! I strongly suggest you do that, am sure you'll find "just the thing" ! Good Luck !  

Kilgy5

Reaction score
The option from ram is 450 which seems insane since my bakfip was prob a grand and id recommend to anybody and everybody in the market for a bed cover ....water tight and legit sturdy i ve stood on it with my 3 kids watching an air show on memorial day check them out they make multiple versions mine fold 3 times the final being up against the cab which saved me replacing a rear glass window several times

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Kilgy5 said:
The option from ram is 450 which seems insane since my bakfip was prob a grand and id recommend to anybody and everybody in the market for a bed cover ....water tight and legit sturdy i ve stood on it with my 3 kids watching an air show on memorial day check them out they make multiple versions mine fold 3 times the final being up against the cab which saved me replacing a rear glass window several times
Have you noticed any paint wear on the back of the cab from the cover resting up against it?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the Truxedo TruXport on my F150. I had it on my '14 and moved it over to my '16 F150. For $300 shipped it cannot be beat!

Put some black caulk on the inside rails if there's any light shining through and it'll be waterproof.

I'm tempted to see if it'll fit the '19 Ram but will most likely sell it and get another. Now for BedRug to release theirs for the '19 Ram and I'll be set.

J

jimh4662@

Last entry on transport should be Truck to delivery location. (dealer) The rail should be where it was dropped from Sterling heights. My dealer said Last entry would be dealer drop by truck. If you got a copy look at bottom and note NO Entries after rail drop. All entries north are Trucks in an out scans. Now one thing consistent is there isn't any consistency . I think if you called every 12 hours you'd have a better log. Computer updates, dealers website updates, and customers service all seem to have a lag time and partisapation levels. One customer service representative I talked to sounded like she could give a rats *** on helping customers.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Kilgy5 said:
I've got the BakFlip G2 on my truck and love it, will most likely stick with BakFlip next go around. One of the things I like about it is that it sits flush with the top of the bed, the Mopar hard tri folds I've seen on DS trucks sit about an inch higher than the bed sides which I'm not personally a fan of.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Trucks at the train yard, it’s getting loaded up on a transport Friday for delivery!

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I was telling Firecadet earlier my the Lomax is going to be my option for a bed cover if I go that route. It’s a bit spendy but the super easy removal, hard top, and super low profile is very enticing.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
The Lomax is a nice cover for sure.
That name escapes me, Lomax ? Gonna have to check it out . . . Lomax.com ? ? OR ?

Users who are viewing this thread