5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The link brings you to your window sticker does not allow me to enter a VIN any place.

Flot

Reaction score
alacombe said:
The link brings you to your window sticker does not allow me to enter a VIN any place.
Here is the URL: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Cut and paste the above into a new browser bar and then paste your VIN onto the very end and hit enter.

If you get "no window sticker available for this vin" my understanding is that means it hasn't hit the production line yet. Mine is still in this state. (~35 days)

76rich

Reaction score
I don't know why you got your sticker. I tried this and it won't give it up. My truck VIN is 12 after yours. Ram said last week that my truck was built and awaiting transportation.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flot said:
Here is the URL: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Cut and paste the above into a new browser bar and then paste your VIN onto the very end and hit enter.

If you get "no window sticker available for this vin" my understanding is that means it hasn't hit the production line yet. Mine is still in this state. (~35 days)
What does your build consist of? Anything that would delay it? How long after it was submitted did you get your VON?

DocBones

Reaction score
76rich said:
I don't know why you got your sticker. I tried this and it won't give it up. My truck VIN is 12 after yours. Ram said last week that my truck was built and awaiting transportation.
they are not necessarily processing in a serial fashion. There are supply chain issues that are holding up certain builds. Mine was pulled out of production and I saw a s/n over a 1000 higher than mine “in transit” a week before mine was built.

DocBones

Reaction score
Flot said:

window stickers aren’t posted until the truck is built, qa checks are done and it is availed for shipping. Even then, the website might be delayed.

DocBones

Reaction score
alacombe said:
type your vin in the end of the url, replacing mine.

Flot

Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
What does your build consist of? Anything that would delay it? How long after it was submitted did you get your VON?
I placed my order and got my VON on March 17, and got my VIN on March 26.

Mine is a black Laramie Crew with just about all the options, (4x4, LSD, level 2, safety, sport, 12") but nothing that was listed as late availability at time of order. The 'sport package' showed as late availability very early on when the build+price website first came up.

I don't know how they schedule, but reasonably the things that make mine unique compared to most coming off the line would be anything in the sport package (seats, wheels, hood), safety, or body color bumpers.

DocBones

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/3-2019-ram1500-orders-tell-us-about-yours/&postID=2729#post2729" data-author="Flot">I placed my order and got my VON on March 17, and got my VIN on March 26.

Mine is a black Laramie Crew with just about all the options, (4x4, LSD, level 2, safety, sport, 12") but nothing that was listed as late availability at time of order. The 'sport package' showed as late availability very early on when the build+price website first came up.

I don't know how they schedule, but reasonably the things that make mine unique compared to most coming off the line would be anything in the sport package (seats, wheels, hood), safety, or body color bumpers.
</woltlab-quote>People have been saying the "Sport" package stuff has a delay. Have you called the customer service number or the dealer for a status?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
DocBones said:
People have been saying the "Sport" package stuff has a delay. Have you called the customer service number or the dealer for a status?
Sport package trims are finally rolling off the lines but it is true that they were late availability so there could be a backlog of orders.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
i got my VON when i ordered my limited on april 11, and my dealer e-mailed me on the 12th with my VIN. he said that was fast. hope that's a good sign. i won't start checking the build status on it until about 6 weeks.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered today!

2019 Longhorn 4x4 5'7" Bed
Diamond Black Monotone
Black/New Saddle interior
Level 1 Equipment Group
Advanced Safety Group
E-Locker
3.92 Gears
Dual Pane Sunroof
Trailer Brake Controller

I saw a limited at a local dealer and really liked the chrome grill with the painted bumpers. Since you can't get that option on the Longhorn, looks like I'll be vinyl wrapping the chrome bumpers black.

Eventual plans include a 4" lift (when available) and 35" tires.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RAM 4times said:
i got my VON when i ordered my limited on april 11, and my dealer e-mailed me on the 12th with my VIN. he said that was fast. hope that's a good sign. i won't start checking the build status on it until about 6 weeks.
That's amazingly quick! Are they a high volume dealer? I've had my VON a few days now...anxiously awaiting my VIN. I'm hoping for a early/mid June delivery - I'm close enough to the plant it'll get trucked to my dealer - no rail.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I Love Grits said:
Ordered today!

2019 Longhorn 4x4 5'7" Bed
Diamond Black Monotone
Black/New Saddle interior
Level 1 Equipment Group
Advanced Safety Group
E-Locker
3.92 Gears
Dual Pane Sunroof
Trailer Brake Controller

I saw a limited at a local dealer and really liked the chrome grill with the painted bumpers. Since you can't get that option on the Longhorn, looks like I'll be vinyl wrapping the chrome bumpers black.

Eventual plans include a 4" lift (when available) and 35" tires.
Congrats! Sounds like it's going to be a beauty.

J

jimh4662@

ordered march 12. shipped with ETA 5/5. we will see. Your dealer can print you a Assignment Leg Details. It list each time the vheicle is Scanned in an out of steps. Last is rail shipment. Tells you like Scanned OUT for Spray in bed liner. Scanned BACK in to storage, etc.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
ordered march 12. shipped with ETA 5/5. we will see. Your dealer can print you a Assignment Leg Details. It list each time the vheicle is Scanned in an out of steps. Last is rail shipment. Tells you like Scanned OUT for Spray in bed liner. Scanned BACK in to storage, etc.
Thanks, I'll make sure to ask for this today. I'm in that last little stretch where we thought it would either be delivered yesterday with the first shipment of the week to the dealer, or on Friday with second shipment of the week. I obviously don't have my truck yet, so it would be nice to know exactly where it is and why it didnt make it to the dealer yesterday.

Hopefully it's right around the bend and not stuck somewhere in Oklahoma or something like that.

**Edit**
So the tracking on the Assignment Leg Details ends with the rail shipment? I didnt notice that when i read your comment the first time through. I guess it' makes sense since it is out of Chryslers hands at that point and up to the rail roads and the transport trucks. You would think there is a better way to track the actual movement of a 50K truck than a $3 tube of toothpaste you order off of amazon.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
That's amazingly quick! Are they a high volume dealer? I've had my VON a few days now...anxiously awaiting my VIN. I'm hoping for a early/mid June delivery - I'm close enough to the plant it'll get trucked to my dealer - no rail.
i don't think they are a high volume dealer but they have been around for a very long time. from my experience in ordering trucks and cars in the past years it's just luck ( or unlucky ) when you order that they are building the your trim and color at that time or soon.

DocBones

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/3-2019-ram1500-orders-tell-us-about-yours/&postID=2909#post2909" data-author="RAM 4times">i got my VON when i ordered my limited on april 11, and my dealer e-mailed me on the 12th with my VIN. he said that was fast. hope that's a good sign. i won't start checking the build status on it until about 6 weeks.</woltlab-quote>3-4 weeks seems to be the timeline for built and waiting for shipping from personal experience and statements from many others. And you're so lucky you don't have to deal with rail. IT IS SO SLOW!!! My local dealership just got their first few trucks a few days ago...IT'S BEEN A MONTH!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The 2 major railway have been talking strike(CP and CN). That's why they are slow.

Users who are viewing this thread