5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quiet A/T tire?

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
I believe that is AT3/WA for the OEM tire. Slightly different than the AT3/W oddly enough! Not a bad tire so far (6k miles so far) but I’m going bigger once I wear these down a bit.

Mr.Gigglez

Reaction score
Look st

Michelin LTX A/T’s. They aren’t as aggressive as most but they are super quiet and more aggressive than an M/S. I put 40k miles on mine on my 2016 F150 FX4. Never had any issues and they still had close to 50% tread left on them.

I've had 2 sets of the m/s and they are awesome ! Quiet and and never had balance issues ! I drive atleast 20k highway miles a year and will buy these for my ram

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm probably going to get a set of the Continetal Terrain Contacts once my Nexan tires wear out. I've read mostly good reviews on them.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3/W is the OEM A/T for Off-Road Group equipped Rams. They are very quiet and ride smooth.
The Falken Wildpeak AT/3WA is the OEM tire for the ORP. I didn't realize that until I got the truck home and was checking things out (and cruising the forums). It is not as aggressive as the AT/3W (a little more solid in the center section) which gives it better (quieter) road manners I would assume. Still a lot better than other "off-road" factor offerings that I've seen on new trucks.

The kicker is that these tires are not available to the general public (at least not that I've found) so you'll have to go through the dealership to replace one if that's even an option.

I have been VERY pleasantly surprised by the lack of road noise on my Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They ride great, look great and handle awesome.
I agree with RodRow...the Nitto Ridge Grapplers are incredibly quiet. They are the quietest off-road tires I've ever had. I don't tow a bunch and I wasn't looking to add a lot of weight (e.g. E-rated tires) so these XL Ridge Grapplers fit the bill. So far I love them.

Last edited:

sgk

Reaction score
Also, agree with all the Nitto Ridge Grapplers(305/55 20) I swapped out my Falken Wildpeak AT3 that were stock on mine. I don't notice any difference.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Falken Wildpeak AT/3WA is the OEM tire for the ORP. I didn't realize that until I got the truck home and was checking things out (and cruising the forums). It is not as aggressive as the AT/3W (a little more solid in the center section) which gives it better (quieter) road manners I would assume. Still a lot better than other "off-road" factor offerings that I've seen on new trucks.

The kicker is that these tires are not available to the general public (at least not that I've found) so you'll have to through the dealership to replace one if that's even an option.

I agree with RodRow...the Nitto Ridge Grapplers are incredibly quiet. They are the quietest off-road tires I've ever had. I don't tow a bunch and I wasn't looking to add a lot of weight (e.g. E-rated tires) so these XL Ridge Grapplers fit the bill. So far I love them.

What size are yours?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What size are yours?
275/65-18. Same size that came with the truck. I think these are a tad lighter than the Falkens that were on there. So far no change in truck response or MPG with the new tires.

I'm not looking to go bigger or heavier as that affects performance (I have 3.21 gears and no e-Torque) and economy (heavier tires take more power to move). E-rated tires are about 10 lbs heaver than C-rated/XL tires for this size and, as much as I would like the 10-ply sidewalls, that 40-ish lbs of added rotating mass is going to kill my performance and suck my MPG like a vampire.

I'm coming from 11 years of a 3/4 ton diesel pickup that doesn't much care what you do to it, so it's a learning curve for me to make sure I am diligent in what I want to do to this truck.

clarkehaven

Reaction score
I went with conti's as well but the P rated 275 60 20. Superb tire, pictures don't really do them justice they look much more aggressive in person than in pics.

I went back and forth on the 275/60 vs 275/65 tire.... P rated vs E rated.

I am happy to report the LT275/65r20 do not reduce the ride quality. I am running 50psi front and 40psi rear . Also surprisingly they have NOT tanked my fuel economy !!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I plan on getting larger tires when I decide on my lift/level setup, but for now I'm stock on the Laramie 20's with the stock 275/55r20 Bridgestone Duelers on it and hate how squishy they are. I filled them up from the recommended 35psi up to 40psi all the way around and that helped but I did recently notice that when I take a left turn at an intersection anything over 20mph I feel something in the floorboards that almost feels like grinding. Similar feeling to when you leave a truck locked in 4WD on dry pavement. Very odd, I'm hoping it is just the tires sucking on the turns. I have to say, I love how smooth this truck is while tracking straight forward, but in any turns it is not planted at all compared to my 2016 F150.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I had Goodyear Wrangler Adventure w/Kevlar tires on my 2015 F-150... and they were great! I drove around in 18-24" of snow without a problem, they were silent on the highway, and they had good traction in wet and dry. I swapped 2 out at 27k due to a nail in one tire, and then at 32k I swapped the other 2 so the traction from axle to axle would be close for winter driving.

It's highly likely I'll get a winter wheel & tire package for my Limited, and I'll probably just put the same Goodyears on the winter wheels. They were $165/ea or so last time I looked.

-John

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I am happy to report the LT275/65r20 do not reduce the ride quality. I am running 50psi front and 40psi rear . Also surprisingly they have NOT tanked my fuel economy !!
I went back and fourth between the 275 60 20 and the 285 60 20 but was concerned the additional weight of the 285's would kill MPGS combine that with the fact the 285's were 100 dollars more per tire made the decision a bit easier. The 275 65 20's really fill out the wheel wells nicely on your truck though. The 275 60 20 are almost too small.

Cab2344

Reaction score
I have been VERY pleasantly surprised by the lack of road noise on my Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They ride great, look great and handle awesome. We will see how loud they get after 25k miles. :unsure:
Second on the ridge grapplers. Have them on the Ram and previously on an F150. They are surprisingly quiet. Before the Ridge Grapplers had Terra Grapplers and the Ridge are quieter.

Iluvbitsie

Reaction score

Hi! How did it affect ur mpg? Il b towing a bumper pull horse trailer

Dr Teeth

Reaction score
My wife's Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk came with Firestone Destination A/Ts. They were (and still are) very quiet and also had good winter traction. I was so impressed that I put them on my lifted Wrangler. They're pretty good off road too!

BlckDT

Reaction score
Second on the ridge grapplers. Have them on the Ram and previously on an F150. They are surprisingly quiet. Before the Ridge Grapplers had Terra Grapplers and the Ridge are quieter.

Third on the Ridge Grapplers. For an A/T tire these are amazingly quiet. They look fantastic and ride great to!

11388fc09a1ef16dfb5392db8ef31a7a.jpg

—-|||RAM|||-—
Phil

sent from my mobile device

RamSco

Reaction score
I have been VERY pleasantly surprised by the lack of road noise on my Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They ride great, look great and handle awesome. We will see how loud they get after 25k miles. :unsure:
I concur. Just mounted my first set of Ridge Grapplers for a change. I ran 3 sets of Toyo Open Country A/T’s on a 2500 which are very quiet. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the Nittos.

clarkehaven

Reaction score
Hi! How did it affect ur mpg? Il b towing a bumper pull horse trailer

I would say no more than 2 mpg difference. went from a 32" tire to a 34" tire so I re-calibrated the speedo with the rough country unit.

We pull a 2 horse bumper pull trailer with ours as well. The LT tires feel much more secure and stable......still very pleased with the
Continental A/T's

Users who are viewing this thread