5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for 33 gal. owners

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1/4 tank of 33 gallons is ~8 gallons, but we all know the gas guage doent read in exact inrememts, and you will never get 33 gallons into the tank if it gets to E. The truck would barely notice 30-50lbs of static weight. At least not that you would ever be able to measure without going to multiple decimal points. And you weren't only one talking about added weight of a full tank. You just happened to be the last comment that I replied to. So not picking on you specifically.
Oh I’m not feeling picked on at all 🍻

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Damn, you have a fat pig. That etorque must add a bunch of weight. My 2020 Built to Serve weighs 5700lbs without me in it.

Of courses that was before the new front bumper.
I think it's also because I have all the fixings except trailer controller and tow mirrors.
I would guess eTorque is under 200lbs including the battery pack, MFT is likely more

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's also because I have all the fixings except trailer controller and tow mirrors.
I would guess eTorque is under 200lbs including the battery pack, MFT is likely more
Probably with the ramboxes and MFT.

6of36

Reaction score
Not sure how much weight Ramboxes take up. The boxes themselfs are plastic.
It's hard to say. The top of the bed is wider, but the bottom is narrower. Different structure. You would really have to weigh both beds.

dannydyn

Reaction score
My 1500 weights more then 6,000 even without me sitting in it.
33 gallons of gas weighs around 200 give or take a little depending on the temperature...
If I fill up only to a half a tank I can go from 6360 to 6260. It would make no difference

View attachment 165764

You ordered an fully loaded Rebel. You can forget getting any kind of good mpg, that will get even worse then my Limited. Wrong choice of truck if you were concerned about gas. Maybe cancel and re-order a Bighorn or Tradesman with no features (as those add a bunch of weird way more then a fuel tank).

I'm fully aware of what I ordered. This thread is not your run of the mill MPG whining session. I just wanted to know whether other owners who live in populated areas with gas stations all over the place topped off on every fill up or not. It was more about lugging around 2 months old gas than the price of gas. It's the rational of topping off and barely driving the truck vs. filling half tank as an example, and driving on fresher gas. as for MPG consumption, I couldn't give a rat's a55 about it, or else I'd have a Tesla on order instead of an off-road trim half ton truck, now wouldn't I?

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm fully aware of what I ordered. This thread is not your run of the mill MPG whining session. I just wanted to know whether other owners who lives in populated areas with gas stations all over the place topped off on every fill up or not. It was more about lugging around 2 months old gas than the price of gas. It's the rational of topping off and barely driving the truck vs. filling half tank as an example, and driving on fresher gas. as for MPG consumption, I couldn't give a rat's a55 about it, or else I'd have a Tesla on order instead of an off-road trim half ton truck, now wouldn't I?
Just fill up when you need gas, and drive it until it needs gas. No need to worry about long the fuel sits in the tank, unless you are talking over a year. Since you still drive it regularly, albeit low miles, I'd be more worried about the oil than the fuel. Without longer drives to get engine up to operating temp and staying there for a while to let the evap system do its job, the oil will have higher contaminants in it. Probably wouldn't hurt to do 3k mile oil changes, or every 6 months, whichever comes first.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Just fill up when you need gas, and drive it until it needs gas. No need to worry about long the fuel sits in the tank, unless you are talking over a year. Since you still drive it regularly, albeit low miles, I'd be more worried about the oil than the fuel. Without longer drives to get engine up to operating temp and staying there for a while to let the evap system do its job, the oil will have higher contaminants in it. Probably wouldn't hurt to do 3k mile oil changes, or every 6 months, whichever comes first.
Thank you for the input. Appreciated.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm fully aware of what I ordered. This thread is not your run of the mill MPG whining session. I just wanted to know whether other owners who lives in populated areas with gas stations all over the place topped off on every fill up or not. It was more about lugging around 2 months old gas than the price of gas. It's the rational of topping off and barely driving the truck vs. filling half tank as an example, and driving on fresher gas. as for MPG consumption, I couldn't give a rat's a55 about it, or else I'd have a Tesla on order instead of an off-road trim half ton truck, now wouldn't I?
should have started a poll

6of36

Reaction score
I can't find the weight, but dimensions are pretty close
View attachment 165884
View attachment 165885
Those aren't even dimensions, they're references to the dimensions. Just for instance, W116. Even if it was centimeters, 116 is 45.6", not near the width. I imagine both would have to be the same overall height, width, and length, but structure would make different weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/