5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar on a 2020+

Rebelyell20

Reaction score
Saw they came out with a new model not too long ago, anyone know what’s differen
Mine was acting up and I returned it and they sent me a new one. They said it has a new and improved board. From the outside it looks a bit different.
same thing happened to me, I read that this one can clear codes?

DONZILLA

Reaction score
Any pedal commander users that switched to the pulsar? Is there really a performance increase or just a snappier pedal? Worth upgrading fron the pedal commander?
Sure would like some feed back on this.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Sure would like some feed back on this.
I have both. It seems they do the same thing, except pulsar can disable MDS. Overall I would say the pulsar seems smoother than a pedal commander, not sure if it's the way they change the throttle control or if it's doing it through some other means. I keep mine in ECO.

DONZILLA

Reaction score
I have both. It seems they do the same thing, except pulsar can disable MDS. Overall I would say the pulsar seems smoother than a pedal commander, not sure if it's the way they change the throttle control or if it's doing it through some other means. I keep mine in ECO.
Thank you! I drive in SPORT +1 mostly and really like the pickup and don't have MDS. Suppose I'll save that mod for last. I was thinking of getting a Tazer DT but they use the same port.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Thank you! I drive in SPORT +1 mostly and really like the pickup and don't have MDS. Suppose I'll save that mod for last. I was thinking of getting a Tazer DT but they use the same port.
You can have all 3. I have Tazer, Pedal Commander and Pulsar. The tazer goes into the Security Gateway port near the OBD port, the pedal commander goes on the pedal connector, and the pulsar mounts in your engine bay.

DONZILLA

Reaction score
You can have all 3. I have Tazer, Pedal Commander and Pulsar. The tazer goes into the Security Gateway port near the OBD port, the pedal commander goes on the pedal connector, and the pulsar mounts in your engine bay.
Thank you! I'll get the Tazer!

DONZILLA

Reaction score
What are you trying to get out of it? I only user Tazer for 1. Auto folding mirror 2. Use surround/reverse camera while driving.
  • Change DRL location and Enable Aux switch settings on the radio
  • Enable Cargo/front/undercarriage Camera input
  • Adjust for alternate tire size 33 inch
  • Turn on backup camera whenever turn signals are used, like you said.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good review and Dyno test from American Trucks. I’m starting to reconsider buying this if the results are really this good.

I was going to go the Disblosport swap route but it’s double the price and puts a Mark on the BCM.
Do any of you know if the pulsar buts a mark on the BCM or can it be removed completely without a trace for warranty work?

Note those are midrange gains not peak gains but I care more about midrange anyways

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah that midrange gain and curve is quite impressive.

I wonder how it does with 89 instead of 93 fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canative

Reaction score
Good review and Dyno test from American Trucks. I’m starting to reconsider buying this if the results are really this good.

I was going to go the Disblosport swap route but it’s double the price and puts a Mark on the BCM.
Do any of you know if the pulsar buts a mark on the BCM or can it be removed completely without a trace for warranty work?

Note those are midrange gains not peak gains but I care more about midrange anyways
They say that you can take it off for any warranty work and the dealer can't tell if it was there. I leave mine on for things like routine maintenance, oil change. They haven't said anything. I noticed on the video he says it takes about 30 minutes to install. It really takes all of 10 minutes. Had mine for about two years now. I really like it.

gtarzan

Reaction score
Saw they came out with a new model not too long ago, anyone know what’s differen

same thing happened to me, I read that this one can clear codes?
I have received mine. I am waiting for a response from customer support regarding the unit I received and it’s compatibility with a 2021 5.7 eTorque.

Sv250

Reaction score
I just installed my pulsar. A noticeable power gain. I have the pedal commander as well. The pulsar is more than that. Truck burns the tires up now. Barely made a chirp stock. 20_50 mph you can feel it.

My only issue was the factory red harness clips. Broke them. Harness was a ***** to get off. Had to push all 4 locking tabs down with a pic

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is one for sale pretty cheap in the classified section of this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intruder62

Reaction score
How long did you have it in your 19? Seams a lot of people had problem free for months then it would go nuts randomly. Not sure if its operator error or not.
Have it in a 2020 with et. When wot, it backfires thru intake and throws error code , goes to limp mode.. waiting on response from seller

Intruder62

Reaction score
I just bought one for my 2021 Ram 1500 5.7 e/torque. Install was a breeze. I drove it around the Block a few times and cycled it through the tunes, they all seemed to work great. I went home and parked my truck. About an hour later I went to the store. I made it about 3 blocks before my dash lit up like a Christmas tree and the truck went into a limp in mode. Wouldn’t go over 20. I pulled over, turned it off and on and it set the tune back to stock. It seem to work fine although I have an engine light on now.... not impressed for $500. After reading a lot of reviews here on the forum it seems to be pretty normal. This thing is fickle. I’m going to return it. I was really hoping it would be a clean, no issue addition.

Bama2020

Reaction score
Have it in a 2020 with et. When wot, it backfires thru intake and throws error code , goes to limp mode.. waiting on response from seller
Just received mine, also have a 2020
5.7 with etorque, looks like it's a good thing I have not installed it yet.... Are they not compatible with etorque?

Earlray1978

Reaction score
I have a 2020 5th gen 5.7. I have been running the Pulsar and the pedal commander. And in the past 2 weeks I have been throwing codes for the throttle position and low throttle voltage. I have been running for MONTHS and no issue until not. The only change is I had a was I took into the dealer to have a steering wheel warranty replacement done. That was on the 1st of Nov. I removed both items before taking in for the repair. I wonder if they flashed the PCM and updated something. And they my MODS don't like it. Has anyone had this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread