5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar on a 2020+

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone towed with the pulsar in tow mode and the trucks tow/haul mode active too? How does it perform? Is it smooth like it should be? I like the comments about performance, sounds like it works pretty well in performance but not many comments on the towing. Thanks!

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Different as in quicker acceleration? Does it kill
gas mileage
it just minimizes the delay depending on what setting you use, making the truck much more responsive.. this is personally my first time using a throttle controller and i'm very happy with it.. the gas mileage is ruined more by the fact of wanting to hear that Hemi through my Borla ATAK. But I didnt buy the truck expecting it to be a Prius so it is what it is!

Jeeper

Reaction score
it just minimizes the delay depending on what setting you use, making the truck much more responsive.. this is personally my first time using a throttle controller and i'm very happy with it.. the gas mileage is ruined more by the fact of wanting to hear that Hemi through my Borla ATAK. But I didnt buy the truck expecting it to be a Prius so it is what it is!
hahaha...right? I find I'm on the throttle a lot more since I put the Solo Performance MR300 in place of the stock garbage can. Thinking I may purchase the Pedal Commander next.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

CMil527

Reaction score
hahaha...right? I find I'm on the throttle a lot more since I put the Solo Performance MR300 in place of the stock garbage can. Thinking I may purchase the Pedal Commander next.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Lol absolutely, i went with the Banks Pedal Monster and I'm very happy with it but they all do the same thing.

Rebelyell20

Reaction score
Looking at one on a Facebook page for $350 a guy had on his 2019 1500 but upgraded to a 2500 so he’s getting rid of it. Mine is a 2020 1500 after going through some of the older comments I saw people were having issues with the ones made for the 19 year models on the 20 and 21s is this still true? Pic of the one listed.

Attachments

• A6D3F244-A450-470E-A945-D3146E5667DC.jpeg
    A6D3F244-A450-470E-A945-D3146E5667DC.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 22

CMil527

Reaction score
Looking at one on a Facebook page for $350 a guy had on his 2019 1500 but upgraded to a 2500 so he’s getting rid of it. Mine is a 2020 1500 after going through some of the older comments I saw people were having issues with the ones made for the 19 year models on the 20 and 21s is this still true? Pic of the one listed.
SEEMS TO BE THE CONSENSUS THAT EARLY UNITS (PERHAPS SOMETHING IN THEIR TUNE) HAD ISSUES BUT THEY SEEM TO HAVE GOTTEN THE BUGS WORKED OUT FROM WHAT WE HAVE SEEN AS OF LATE!

Rebelyell20

Reaction score
PC78, just installed it on my truck this morning. I know there's no increase in HP, but from a dude with a 1048hp Hellcat, the PC made the truck FUN
Are they all the same part number for the 19-21? I can only find one online that says it works with all 3.

Rebelyell20

Reaction score
SEEMS TO BE THE CONSENSUS THAT EARLY UNITS (PERHAPS SOMETHING IN THEIR TUNE) HAD ISSUES BUT THEY SEEM TO HAVE GOTTEN THE BUGS WORKED OUT FROM WHAT WE HAVE SEEN AS OF LATE!
I’m just confused on if there is different models for the different year trucks or if they just have one model for the new 5th gen 19-21. Because he had a 19 and I have a 20.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, there is only one pulsar for the 5.7, non-e, fits all three years. I believe they've just updated the product, that's why you might see a different part number on an older unit

Last edited:

Rebelyell20

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, there is only one pulsar for the 5.7, non-e, fits all three years. I believe they've just update of the product, that's why you might see a different part number on an older unit
When did you get yours? The guy I’m buying it from said they sent him a replacement 6months ago. So I’m wondering if it’s the new updated one.

CMil527

Reaction score
For those who have it Im curious as to if the unit ships with the usb cable to update the software like they offer on their handheld tuners??

HemiDude

Reaction score
When did you get yours? The guy I’m buying it from said they sent him a replacement 6months ago. So I’m wondering if it’s the new updated one.
Bought mine at the beginning of March

1617305981285.png

HemiDude

Reaction score
For those who have it Im curious as to if the unit ships with the usb cable to update the software like they offer on their handheld tuners??
I had the option to buy that cable at the time I purchased the pulsar, chose not to

ncgrl1

Reaction score
I just bought a 2500 and will be putting mine up for sale soon. Just gotta read up on the rules first.

Users who are viewing this thread