5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar on a 2020+

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2020 5th gen 5.7. I have been running the Pulsar and the pedal commander. And in the past 2 weeks I have been throwing codes for the throttle position and low throttle voltage. I have been running for MONTHS and no issue until not. The only change is I had a was I took into the dealer to have a steering wheel warranty replacement done. That was on the 1st of Nov. I removed both items before taking in for the repair. I wonder if they flashed the PCM and updated something. And they my MODS don't like it. Has anyone had this issue?
Well that’s a bummer, are there updates for the pulsar? I’m guessing the pedal commander does not have the ability to be updated

Earlray1978

Reaction score
Well that’s a bummer, are there updates for the pulsar? I’m guessing the pedal commander does not have the ability to be updated
Yeah I called Edge and was on the phone for about 30 mins and they weren't no help. I went ahead and ordered their model of the pedal commander. And I'm going to try it out.

Earlray1978

Reaction score
Yeah I called Edge and was on the phone for about 30 mins and they weren't no help. I went ahead and ordered their model of the pedal commander. And I'm going to try it out.
I went ahead and ordered the Edge Amp'd throttle booster(same as the pedal commander). They said they haven't had an issue with them working together on their testing. So now I got a pedal commander for sale lol

Earlray1978

Reaction score
Ok so I am running the Pulsar and the Edge Amp'd throttle booster. Have been for about a week now and the truck is throwing the same codes as previously. Today I pulled the throttle booster and and will run with just just the Pulsar. And see where the problem lies. I'm not sure if my computer PCM was reflashed when I took in for a warranty repair back in Nov for the steering wheel. But I had drove it just fine with combinations no issues until then.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does the pulsar offer any throttle adjustment or are you best running both items?

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the pulsar offer any throttle adjustment or are you best running both items?
You’re probably best running both items, the pulsar adjusts throttle sensitivity in each drive mode: Performance has higher throttle sensitivity and it goes down in eco.

Earlray1978

Reaction score
Pulsar only adjust a little. But I am currently running into issues having both on after running them for about 8-9 months of having the truck. I'm contacting Edge tomorrow. Pedal Commander has said it shouldnt be an issue. I think they have put an update put out and updated software in the truck. And the something either the Pulsar or the pedal commander don't like it. I also purchased the Edge Amp'd throttle booster and the same issue. Which leads me to the truck.

U

User_63152

I just bought a Pulsar. I have not taken it out of the box yet. Do I need to have that update cable? How do I know if there's an update? I have to buy the cable, install the software, just to see if I need an update for a brand new product? You'd think they would include it for the price of this thing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a Pulsar. I have not taken it out of the box yet. Do I need to have that update cable? How do I know if there's an update? I have to buy the cable, install the software, just to see if I need an update for a brand new product? You'd think they would include it for the price of this thing.
If it's brand new from Edge, it should have latest update on it, unless there is something new within last 2-3 months. And even so, it will still work on your truck without it.

WhiskeyButhead

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with parking sensors not working after programing tire size? Tia. 2021 limited 5.7 ET

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
WHATCHA ASKING FOR IT? P/N? IS IT THE UPDATED VERSION... HOW LONG DID YOU USE IT, WHY ARE YOU SELLING?

U

User_63152

I like mine. No problems. Works great. I have the newer version. All updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/